villa rental prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

Have been renting villas for the last 5 or 6 years and have not seen a reduction in the rental prices being asked surely with the property being worth so much less the rental value should go down,also with the down turn and not so many people hollidaying in spain would it not make sense to lower the price and make it more actractive to them to incourage them back.

Like 0      
21 Dec 2010 6:32 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Dartboy you will not see a reduction in prices because most villas are second homeowners and a reasonable villa in the Costa del sol would set you back 500000 pounds at least and therefore they do not need to reduce the price they charge as they are reasonably well off to be able to own a property of this type, also to maintain a villa is expensive in its self particulary if it has a pool.

The value of a property has no real bearing on what it can charge on a rental

Villas are always in high demand it seems because no matter what else people give up booze fags etc a two week holiday somewhere nice is still top of the list.

Wikipedia says 52.2 million people visited Spain in 2009 slightly down on 2008 but still a very popular travel destination

Regards Rod

Like 0      
21 Dec 2010 11:54 AM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

should of said i go to the costa blanca  where you can get a nice villa for £250000 now where as before they were £375000

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 2:11 PM by wanttobeinspain Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi price to buy may have gone down but alot of the property was bought a peak prices and the mortgages still need paid !  Renting privately personally for us as a family of 6 still works out a heck of alot cheaper than a package holiday.

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 3:21 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

don't get me started on package holiday just paid £3700 for a week at the holiday village in rhodes for end of may.

i suppose the demand for villas will keep the price up on the coast

Like 0      
23 Dec 2010 11:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Villas will always command a premium and prices will always be more stable as there just isn't the excess of availability that there is with apartments.

Hmmm, I should have bought a villa really

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
25 Dec 2010 8:52 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

I find Villas are suitable pricewise if you have a larger party say 8 or more a 4 bed can cost on average 1500 a week which works out at £187.50 per person good value compared to a package holiday

Now take a good 2 bed apartment sleeping 4 at £595 a week thus making it £148.75 per person per week excellent value for an average family.

These are all high season averages by the way.

The only time its difficult to compete is with the couples market but we still get our fair share i ask them why and they say they just like the freedom an apartment gives them ie not having to rush down for breakfast etc

In our area a number of upmarket hotels are struggling and some have gone out of business

The second homeowners who offer good value high specification accomodation will continue to benefit from the millions of visitors Spain enjoys each year

I think 2011 will be tough but those who survive will prosper thereafter.

ps these are CDS prices

Rod

Merry Christmas everyone

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 25/12/2010.

Like 0      
30 Sep 2011 10:20 AM by patrecia Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Spam **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 01/10/2011.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What are lawyers doing to address the delays in the Justice Administration System? - 56 posts
PJ's Car Hire - 4 posts
RECOMMENDED OIL CENTRAL HEATING ENGINEERS IN LOS ALCAZARES AREA - 0 posts
Bank Charges in Spain where can I find a list? - 12 posts
Iberdrola Web Site - 4 posts
1.8 metre satalite dish wanted - 7 posts
What does our Prime Minister do ? ? - 2 posts
winter arrived~ - 2 posts
hello,friends! - 1 posts
1.8 metre satalite dish wanted - 1 posts
Freesat tv - 2 posts
We're moving to Spain! - 4 posts
Wanted Wardrobe & Chest of Drawers - 0 posts
NIE form required for long term rental? - 11 posts
Maria de Castro in the Wall Street Journal - 4 posts
Instructions on Completing NIE Form - 8 posts
This might be of interest - 11 posts
Euribor on the rise - 0 posts
Brittany ferries discount - 27 posts
Bristol to Alicante & Murcia flights up to Oct 27th 2011 - 0 posts
TDT HD Not Working - 5 posts
Zapa-Blair-O approves Electricity price increase... - 4 posts
EYE on Spain webcam - 16 posts
Malaga to Seville - 3 posts
Scam Warning - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x