Dancing - Murcia / Mar Menor area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by Hazbean Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi All

Can anyone advise where we can go dancing in the area? We are keen on anywhere with decent music, including Salsa / Rueda / Jive / Cha Cha etc. I have asked this question on another forum, but got no response, surely some of you must go dancing on a regular basis?

Hazbean

Like 0      
09 Dec 2010 7:22 PM by Franny Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hazbean

The Casa Culturas and the pensionistas /tercera edad clubs all have regular dances, usually on a Sunday night. Just find the one nearest to you and go in and ask. There are also hotels and restaurants which do the same on Sat nights, but it´s a matter of asking around for those. Hope this helps!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2010 9:39 PM by Hazbean Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Franny

Thanks for the tip, we were out and asking around, but were firstly directed to a hotel which was closed for the winter. Further enquiries led us to a Salsa bar, but they had stopped having dances a few years ago. They directed us to another bar which had classes on a Monday night - unfortunately it was Tuesday before we got there! - but no regular dance nights. Heard a rumour that there could be something in San Pedro or San Havier, we didn't have time to explore on this visit, but will next time we are out.

On my return home, I did a search for the Casa Culturas, but could only find info for the Costa Blanca, and I couldn't find anything on pensionistas / tercera edad.

I'm not giving up though, there must be dancing somewhere as I'm sure the Spanish don't just sit at home or in bars all night, there must be something on somewhere.

Hazbean

Like 0      
19 Dec 2010 1:11 AM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

Hi

During the summer months there is regular dancing in the evening at the hotel just behind the mud baths in Lo Pagan.  It's live music with a Spanish crooner and guitar.  The locals love it and you see many of the old Spaniards dancing ;-))

There used to be a dance club beneath Copa Cabana by the Marina (not sure if it's still open).

There is a dance club near hotel Traiña in San Pedro del Pinatar heading toward the town. 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2010 8:31 PM by Hazbean Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Jazll

Thanks for the info, I will attempt to suss this out on my next visit - I'll be printing my replies to bring with me - I'll find somewhere to dance!!!

Hazbean 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

RYANAIR FLIGHTS - 0 posts
La Cañada Shopping centre in Marbella open? - 4 posts
mens marin mountain - road bike - 0 posts
swimming pool but no licence - 3 posts
Advice Required In Regards To Moving To Alicante Next Year - 8 posts
Spanish air traffic control strike - 5 posts
Prepaid Cards - 13 posts
Sales in Spain - 1 posts
How do I get the best out of my orange tree? - 11 posts
House damage from the rain, help! - 1 posts
Sky Digibox Pace DV3 - 0 posts
How do I fill out the 'Declaracion de Residencia Fiscal' form? - 1 posts
Christmas Fair and Party - 4 posts
Hacienda Marina, Benalmadina, developed by AIFOS - 0 posts
Wall heaters - 27 posts
Zaragoza - 2 posts
Very Long Holiday Weekend - Shops Shut? - 8 posts
Why Banks do not react? - 5 posts
Spanish ATC Strike - 1 posts
Need to get to Bank in Benidorm - 1 posts
Orphanages in Malaga - 1 posts
Life's like that.. - 2 posts
smoking ban - 250 posts
Halifax/Lloyds takeover - 25 posts
HELP FIND NATACHA - Disappeared in Marbella 1st Dec 7PM - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x