Halifax/Lloyds takeover

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2010 12:00 AM by blacka Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am at odds as to why i cannot access the on line banking for halifax since this take over, secondly the information sent by Lloyds is seriously damaging my health i feel that i should bank with Santander does anybody have the same thoughts

Blacka

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 9:58 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Funnily enough, we have just moved to Lloyds/Halifax from BBVA (due to BBVAs extortionate bank charges)  When we 1st attempted logging on with the new bank we couldn't as we were using Firefox as our main browser.  Using I.Explorer we have had no problem since.  In essence try a different browser, but be mindful that too many attempts at logging on may block you from any further attempts without resorting to their helpline(which incidentally I found them a great help).  Good luck.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 10:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Me too Brackla,

It was fine up until this week. It keeps saying something about security certificate and won't let me in. Also been ringing them all week as there is no facility to cancel a direct debit I need to do. Anyone help?

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 03/12/2010.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 10:34 AM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar

I went in and Googled Halifax Spain. Lloyd's came up, went into there and accessed my account from it using same user name etc. Hope this helps.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 11:16 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Thanks Tinto

I did that and got into it but when I log in as normal, it keeps saying security certificate not up to date or something like that so won't let me in. Is it something I need to speak to the broadband provider about? Also when I did get in last, there is no facility to manage my account like it used to be. I could set up and cancel direct debits etc. Anyone have the any ideas? I'll keep trying the phone too. 

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 12:53 PM by wizzard2 Star rating in Costa Blanca. 32 posts Send private message

Have just got back from Haifax/Lloyds in Guardamar,all except one of their computers down,had a long wait before being served,enquired about problem,they said they expected all computers to be up within an hour.Got home went onto website all operating as normal.So hopefully all problem solved

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 1:23 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

It keeps going on and off depending on the day! Really annoyin when you need to do a transfer a certain day and cant get on!

Joan

Like 0      
03 Dec 2010 3:40 PM by johnf55 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Anyone know if they are going to change the account numbers?

This message was last edited by johnf55 on 03/12/2010.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 9:35 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

I've literally just logged off from my account, and had no problem even logging in.  I did notice though that I had to hold the CTRL key down when selecting "personal" (as pop ups are not enabled in Internet Explorer) in order to get to the login page.  Hope this may help.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 1:53 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

had to fax them with instruction to cancel the direct debit. They said on the phone there is no facility to do that online!! 

Like 0      
04 Dec 2010 3:19 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Initially had no problem in using the new Lloyds site after the changeover from Halifax but earlier this week encountered the same problem as others regarding the 'security certificate' message blocking entry.

However, just tried logging in again and got in as normal, so it would appear that they have now got it all sorted.

Dave

Like 0      
05 Dec 2010 2:00 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

I also had a problem logging in but it seems to be okay now.

We have still kept the same account number, only difference is

that now the website is www.lloydsbankinternational.es

hope you get sorted

coolyes

Like 0      
06 Dec 2010 12:37 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Yes, I have been able to get into it, but my question was, has anyone been able to get a facility online to set up or cancel direct debits and able to mnage accounts as we used to. I cannot do this and guy on the phone said we won't be able to, hence the reason I had to cancel via fax. If this is the case I'm not too happy.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2010 12:20 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

I am having no luck in contacting Lloyds International.  The phone number I have been given of 0034 902 310 100 doesn't work - when I try logging on to the internet it asks for my document number and my password.  What is a document number?  Is it my account number?  Also is the password my identification number, pin number or security code or something else?  I am a new customer to Lloyds and at the moment unable to make payments out of my account.  Any help would be appreciated.

Like 0      
13 Dec 2010 12:33 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Nigela,

Your document number is the ID number you gave to open the account (Passport or NIE number including letters)

The password should have been given to you by the bank and is normally a 6 digit code, if you have not applied for internet banking with them and collected your codes you will not be able to log on.

Joan

Like 0      
13 Dec 2010 1:25 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

Thank you Joan - I have been putting in the bank account number not my ID number - I have tried hundreds of different combinations will try them again with my nie number.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 2:54 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Has anyone had problems logging into the new Lloyds/Halifax site again.

Not been able to get in this weekend, my usual short cut came up with the message 'unable to connect to server' so I presumed that they may be doing w/e maintenance. 

Tried to log on again this morning via their main website and a message comes up saying there is a problem with the sites security certificate and warns not to proceed any further. This is similar to what happened before when Lloyds took over the Halifax.

Is anyone aware of any problems?

Dave

This message was last edited by Hallam on 10/01/2011.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 3:37 PM by La Joconde Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi.
Same problem for me too. Whatever has happened to Lloyds since the take over!?

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 5:04 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

They have changed website:

You know log in at https://online.lloydsbankinternational.es

I spent 3 days not beeing able to log in until i used this link this morning.

Joan

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 5:18 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

I have been having the same problems as well.  I have sent them them an email query twice and have still not had a reply.  Never had this problem when it was just Halifax.  Pull your finger out. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP FIND NATACHA - Disappeared in Marbella 1st Dec 7PM - 4 posts
Strike Action Over Xmas - 1 posts
Two years in Spain! - 4 posts
Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup - 7 posts
Russia to host 2018 World Cup - 2 posts
Expensive UK - 17 posts
Insurance for Bicycles - 2 posts
The end of the €425 unemployment benefit - 11 posts
certificado habitacion - 10 posts
GAS BOTTLE HEATING - 6 posts
selling spanish reg car in england - 1 posts
"The Building Log Book" versus "Libro de Edificio" - 0 posts
USING MONEYCORP - 12 posts
Vodafone Customer Service - 5 posts
Introducing aguilas389 - 1 posts
hi - 1 posts
Freesat Recorders - 4 posts
How do the the three kings arrive in your town / city? - 4 posts
tax office address - 2 posts
Golf Share in Guadalmina Golf - 4 posts
Pig on the roof - 2 posts
Bed & breakfast suggestions - Calais to Orihuela (Alicante) route - 8 posts
EEOs - 38 posts
Can anyone recomend a property management company who cover Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Private Messages - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x