ITV Homes from Hell / Parador Properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2010 10:46 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Good suggestion Peteha. If done properly could be a start for the petitions to be heard.

Good luck everyone

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 11:45 AM by acward Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

We are in a similar positio to Gazza. We bought at ACC, switched to OCC and have been trying to get our money back for 2 years!

Our money never left the greedy hands of the solicitors, Aldea Advisors, so we are now one of many creditors awaiting the outcome of the Insolvency process, which may take another 3 years.

We are pleased for the people happily living in Spain but spare a thought for people like us whose dream has turned into a nightmare.

Allan & Chris

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 12:43 PM by chills Star rating. 89 posts Send private message

As I said before nothing on this scale would be allowed to happen in the UK. Many thousands have been ripped off. Those who actually completed the transaction have been left with sub standard accommodation that would never, in a thousand years, have passed our strict building controls. I wonder who and where the Gangsters are now and who will be their next target?

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 2:38 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Correct - the odd thing goes wrong in the UK and then it's usually well publicised and it does not happen again.

Also in the UK the word SOLICITOR is I believe a protected title and there is no confusion you either are or you are not and if you are a solititor you will be holding a minimum of GBP2m in professional indemnity insurance that pays out fairly quickly!

In Spain many of the problems we have seen is becuase the market is not well regulated and anyone can set up as a "lawyer or legal advisor"  Many of the big fraud cases have involved situations whereby people thought they had instructed an abogado only to later discover the person was nothing more than a second rate gestoria at best.

One example that immediately comes to mind is the very nasty  

Jose Luis G Maseda MBA
CPS International
Eurobrokers / Eurolaw

He lined his walls with certificates printed from the interent and made every client execute a broad power of attorney and then mortgaged their property and made off with the money. For 16 years he played the long game and had everyone believe he was Spains most educated businessman and legal advisor. This is just one example and I could dig out 100s just like this.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 2:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Correct - the odd thing goes wrong in the UK and then it's usually well publicised and it does not happen again.

I am sorry but that has to be the most incorrect statement in the History of this site!!!!!!!!!!!

Things have been going wrong in the UK for the last 20 years and they are just getting worse..........i do not see any cease to the decline......do you?

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:01 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

georgia - I appreciate you are an estate agent and for that reason you want to see Spain in good light so more plane loads of people will come to buy.

Like all estate agents you play with the truth and have taken my comment out of context. I am talking of solicitors and banks and developers and there is no way you can say what has happened in Spain could happen on such a scale in the UK.

There is no way you can find similar horror or nightmare stories in UK.

In the UK insurance guarantees have some meaning and compensation is possible in the case of bad builds etc.

I am sure I will not be the only one to put you right.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:09 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

regardless of whether i am an estate agent or not...that has nothing to do with my statement.

Do you know anyone that has tried to claim on a NHBC insurance.........

anyway.....could you respect my opinion as a person and as i do not know your proffesion i will do likewise.

Would you say that the moral and social demise of the UK is worse than the Spanish legal system and which one is easier to live with?

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:17 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

georgia - I know many in the UK who have claimed on solicitors professional indemnity policies where there have been mistakes.

But if you are trying to say what has happened to all these people in Spain could have just as easily happened in the UK then you are way off mark and I am not going to waste time or take this thread off track.

When somthing goes wrong in Spain it is hell.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Sorry Faro.......just noticed you live in London....Could you do me a favour,nip down to the gallery in Soho that is displaying a painting celebrating the deaths of the passengers on the London Bus in the 7/7 terroists attack!!!!

The artist is depicting the four terroist bombers as angels rising above the bus.

This is on display 1 mile from the bomb site, in the window!!!......doesn't that make you proud?!

Maybe the journalist reading this should possibly focus on issues closer to home.

Rule Brittania eh!

all together now "It wouldn't happen in the UK"..........

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:43 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Georgia, we all know how bad the UK has become and that's why most of us are here.
It's not because Spain is so good it's because the UK is so bad.
However the level of corruption in Spain is like a South American Country.
Faro is just saying that the widescale corruption and fraud would not happen in the UK.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:44 PM by chills Star rating. 89 posts Send private message

Georgia, what has the London Bombings, got to do with this discussion, do I detect a little anti-British feeling? I know someone who has had to use the NHBC Bond - me. This was with my previous property and the faults were corrected quickly and efficiently.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 3:48 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

georgia - I will not be drawn into this nonesense.

I wish you well, Salaam

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:01 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

My comments stem from the fact that people make statements that "this would not happen in the UK" when the country has far bigger problems to sort itself.

I agree that the laws in the UK are far tighter but the same law that protects consumers allows Sharia law to be taught in UK school's and religous activists to preach the destruction of the UK from within.

Anti-British...? no i am British??

I was trying to express the fact also that it would take some decent journalism to show some real truths rather than turning out the usual homes from hell that evrybody is bored of.

If it was factual regarding legal issues and corruption and how things were it would be appreciated.....but to highlight another Dodgy agent is the same old same old...

Btw, Parador were a British Company with British Directors and i am sure were registerd at Companoies House, maybe the strong arm of the British law should intervene.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:11 PM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Of course there has been some problems in the UK.

One would be a fool not to acknowledge that.

Instances have been well highlighted in the press and TV.  Bellway Homes has already been mentioned on here as an example.

But, and it is big But. The scale is nowhere near the problem in Spain. On this website alone I am unable to count the amount of  Community Forums and others where people have lost thousands. Where hundreds, maybe thousands, of people are getting nowhere because of the corrupt system. Now that is only on this site.

I am given to understand there are millions of unfinished housing units all along the costas. What the real truth about their legality and the fraud involved we may never know.

I for one will not 'bury my head in the sand' and can see it. I feel real sorrow for those who have been caught out and somehow feel helpless to assist, apart from signing petitions.

For the record I am retired now but spent all my life in the construction industry in the UK. I know of problems that have occurred in the past. But can say it is much improved now. I do know of successful NHBC claims. Mostly the constructor has been instructed to put things right.  I know, I know, it's not perfect and there are instances where it hasn't worked.

There are or were corrupt practices by solicitors, agents, constructors and developers and I know of some who were sentenced correctly for that. I think the chance of justice in the UK is higher than Spain. Again not perfect but the system is better.

There is injustice and corruption in every country but I think it is worse here than the UK. Just my observation.

It is the scale of it in my opinion, just the scale of it, thousands and thousands as a good guestimate.

Now, do I love Spain?  Yes of course. We have been here many years and enjoy it every minute.  I have posted this before but I will repeat -  I love it here but can also see the problems. I love the UK but can see it's problems. I will not knock either. Good and bad in everything but please, please see the reality.

The moral and social demise of society is everywhere in all countries. It appalls me, I can see a decline in both countries. Then again I am old I suppose. I don't see any parallel between it and the legal system. 'Putting up' with either should not be an option.

Please see bad practice for what it is. To use my youngest son's favourite saying "Dad, wake up and smell the coffee"

Sorry if I've offended anyone but a 'Reality Check' is needed.

Anyway time for my pill and a lay down now.

Best wishes

Mick

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:14 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I'm confused what has Sharia law to do with all this?

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Sorry Faro, i credited you with some intelligence, my apologies......my mistake.

I agree Maylin,good post.

Its just the "it wouldn't hap..........." statement makes me cringe and raises the hackles a little.

It's Friday so the weekend starts here, may the Farce be with you.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Faro

you are very much in the right.. We could go on all day with good/bad points of Spain and the UK, and would be just plain daft as we are talking about property issues. As you say the legal/justice corruption, poor quality and fraud issues happen in the uk very rarely by comparison and as such many crooks from the UK found safe haven in Spain's cruel and unfair lack of regulation, and in a country that boomed on many of the people's money who have since been let down so badly. 

Anyway, that's all proven history, and many of the crooks are finding it hard to survive now, but sadly the system has a long way to go and many are still suffering because of it.  Thankfully, many are starting to support the call for change that will no doubt be good for all decent people in the long run.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:41 PM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

Georgia, have a look at your psp website....................it wouldn't happen in the UK.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:52 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

marbella........sorry, you have lost me there?!

Like 0      
26 Nov 2010 4:54 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

maylin said

''I am unable to count the amount of  Community Forums and others where people have lost thousands. Where hundreds, maybe thousands, of people are getting nowhere because of the corrupt system. Now that is only on this site.

I am given to understand there are millions of unfinished housing units all along the costas. What the real truth about their legality and the fraud involved we may never know.

I for one will not 'bury my head in the sand' and can see it. I feel real sorrow for those who have been caught out and somehow feel helpless to assist, apart from signing petitions.

maylin

The fact you have recognised the reality and wish to help change things for the better for all of us cheated is to be congratulated. As you say, it's the reality. If everyone saw it the same way, then the petitions and hopefully other actions and media coverage could be huge and change for the better would hopefully come much faster?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

friends - 0 posts
Green light for Santa Maria Green Hills - 1 posts
A Demanda de Embargo - 13 posts
Gillian McKeith Song. ('I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here' 2010) - 8 posts
International cooking at Christmas - 0 posts
want spainish teacher - 1 posts
Life Insurance - any recommedations? - 6 posts
Should i see the mortgage deed before completion? - 4 posts
Furniture restorer needed - Malaga Province or south Cadiz - 4 posts
WAECO Portable Fridge/Freezer -17'C - 0 posts
English website for Hondon valley - 0 posts
Christmas Menu at Charo, Formentera del Segura - 0 posts
Mortgage Information - 8 posts
Electricity - changing over to dual rate - 5 posts
Dog Kennel in andalusia - 1 posts
Community payments - who decides how much? - 7 posts
what's it like at christmas - 6 posts
Alldays Supermarket in Algorfa - 1 posts
voting in Spain - 1 posts
Anyone found a digital camera between Cabopino and la Cala? - reward - 0 posts
What phone and Internet provider is the best - 11 posts
Is a NIE necessary? - 6 posts
memory foam mattresses - 13 posts
Swiss army knife - 2 posts
Does anyone ask their lawyer to do the utilities connection - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 99

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x