Car washing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by bl21 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi, has anyone used a waterless cleaner on their car? I’ve recently picked up a leaflet about spray & shine being available in Spain.  I’ve checked reviews on the internet, which are really good, but they’re all from the UK. I’ve seen something similar for sale in Iceland, which also has good reviews, but apparently you only get 4 washes from a bottle, whereas the one I’ve seen you get 10 washes from a bottle, so works out much cheaper. I live in an apartment so it would make life a lot easier on keeping the car clean, what with no access to water. Still doesn’t help with hoovering though - wonder where I can get a 400ft long extension lead from! I think I'm going to give it a go, but wondered if anyone else has tried it? Thanks.

B

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 3:13 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Apparently it's illegal to wash your car in the street , also inside your enclosed property !! There's vacuum cleaners at thecar washes.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 1:02 PM by bl21 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I had heard that it was illegal to wash your car on the street, although I've no idea why that is, but i didn't know that also included on your own property too. Does that include an off-street parking space on your drive, as we always thought if we lived somewhere with one of those we'd be okay?

I've ordered the waterless car wash stuff which should arrive this week.  I'm quite excited about being able to have a clean car more often, and I'm sure my husbands looking forward to it too - as he'll be the one using it :)

B

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 1:56 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I understand car washing is illegal in the street & drives to avoid contaminants getting into the surface water drainage system which often drains straight into the sea. All the other pollutants that drain into the sea are ok then I presume!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Iams Dog Food - 4 posts
Just booked a flight from Leeds Bradford to Murcia - March Ryanair - 0 posts
Winter flights from Alicante with Monarch - 0 posts
UK car hire - 6 posts
How to transport furniture from UK to Costa Blanca? - 7 posts
Web site for San Cayetano - 5 posts
Ryanair - Bournemouth to Malaga - 3 posts
pine furniture - 0 posts
Illegal employer practices? - 5 posts
Malaga to Jaen - 3 posts
WANTED: PRISMA LEVEL 2 SPANISH WORKBOOK AND EXCERCISE BOOK - 0 posts
4,900 Euros of bookings for our villa in 1 day!! - 14 posts
Spanish mortgages and life cover - 0 posts
Shopping on a Sunday? - 8 posts
Alicante Airport Rip Off and Price Fixing - 3 posts
Reform of the Spanish legal system - 48 posts
Importing New & Used Cars From Jersey - 3 posts
unions in international schools - 1 posts
Over 3,000Euros raised for F.A.M.A. by Business 1st - 0 posts
Anyone feeling the cold yet? - 35 posts
Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x