Anyone feeling the cold yet?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We've just received our annual requirement of logs and last night the heating came on.

At home it certainly feels cold now in the morning and in the evening.  It tends to be warmer outside!

Time to wrap up warm eveyone.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 1:01 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Justin, just be glad that you're not over here in Lincolnshire at the moment with frost at night and cold damp wind during the day. We put the heating on during the weekend--only to find that it was cream crackered.

So today I'm trying to work surrounded by workmen bashing holes out of the wall to run new pipes ( quick break there while I administered first aid to someone who cut his finger on a stanley knife). It's freezing in here-and the noise and dust is everywhere.

Greatly looking forward to coming over to Valencia for a few days at the end of the month when we can sit in front of our log burning stove in our little house!

Enjoy the cold for now.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 1:30 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

17 Nov 2010 2:43 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

It is getting colder where we live (inland in northeast Murcia) and I am seriously thinking of putting the heating on!  My husband John is Scottish, so he is sitting happily in a t-shirt, whereas I am wearing a cardigan indoors, being a soft Englishwoman!  It has been chilly in the mornings and evenings, but when it is sunny (no sign of the sun today) it gets warm during the daytime and heats our apartment.  However we know it is colder back in the UK and no doubt the heating would have been on for weeks if we were still living there.

Crostrad - whereabouts do you live in Lincolnshire?  I lived there for many years, both as a child (from the age of 7) and as an adult (up to the age of 29).

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 8:16 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Hi Sue, we moved from cambridge in june this year to a village called Ruskington, next door to Sleaford. The Spanish house is in Novelte ( or Novetle depending on how you like to spell it at the time)- next door to Xativa in Valencia province.

The builders have agreed to bring fan heaters tomorrow-even they were feeling the cold today! They promised that the heat will be back on Friday-I hope so-I'm getting fed up with brewing non stop coffee and tea for the crew.

Have a good (warm) evening

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 8:25 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Granada Inland...currently 11C / 46F falling to -1C / 30F tonight and  freezing fog. No great changes expected for a few days yet. Loads of snow up on the Siera Nevada's higher peaks.

Weve had the heating on here for about two weeks...!

Our dogs have their fleece coats on for evening and early morning walks.

Time to breakout our sheepskin jackets and thermals again...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
17 Nov 2010 11:45 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

spent the day trying to erect a second-hand conservatory in a garden space to take advantage of any sunshine coming our way.

Got very chilled and determined to get the "long johns" out for tomorrow's stint.

Had the heating on for two or three weeks now, morning and eveing.

Some sun would be welcome but not likely.

Enjoy what you get.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
20 Nov 2010 9:08 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

It feels freezing here. The houses in Spain don't seem to be insulated what so ever.  When it's sunny, outside is warmer than inside the house.  Even the solar panels seem to be pretty useless in the winter.  The water is cold if I don't plug in.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2010 10:39 AM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

Seems to get chilly here about 5 -6 o clock in the eve, put calor gas heater on for first time last night, only for an hour tho and then nice and snug,Los Alcazares area.

Like 0      
20 Nov 2010 12:00 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

well the conservatory is up except for the guttering and the UK weather did its usual trick and changed for the mild and then the sun came out causing us to shed some clothes again. Though the evenings are of course cold.

It is surprising that so much of Spain is suffering from cold so soon.

I can remember swimming in Gib in December but friends in CDS complain that the weather has changed for the worse over the years. Could it be correct or have they just got older?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
20 Nov 2010 12:53 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

For those of us that live here full time it seems cold now, my Sue is constantly complaining about being cold and can I turn the heater on, I think it’s also got something to do with the fact we've just come through the summer months when temperatures climbed to over 40 so we are going to feel a real difference.

We went out last night with Sue still complaining about the cold, I had to remind her that the car said it was 16 degrees outside and what it would be like if we were still in the UK.

It makes me feel cold when I see the British, whether holiday maker or resident, still walking around in shorts and tee-shirts, why do they do that?

S

Like 0      
20 Nov 2010 10:55 PM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

It is definately cold!!

For the first time in 11 years of being here I have joined my Summer Duvet with the Winter Duvet and once in bed am enjoying a thoroughly toastie 15 tog of Goosefeathers.....  The evenings are definately chillier than usual, am still holding out on lighting the fire tho, Justin.

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
21 Nov 2010 9:26 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Team GB

It must be a "Sue" thing, as I have started wearing thick cardigans indoors now, while John still sits there in a t-shirt, reading a book.  Having said that, he sits in the chair beside the glass doors leading onto the balcony, so it the sun is out it shines onto him!  We put a small electric fire on last night, but that was because it had been raining outside and our dog Lisa had got wet.  I had rubbed her with a towel, but she still felt a bit cold - it was a good excuse, anyway! 

The advantage of living in a south-facing apartment is that we get the sun shining in so it keeps the living room and our bedroom warm in winter (saving on electricity bills!).  We also put the shutters down when it goes dark.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
21 Nov 2010 10:14 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Sue

I caved in last night and put the heating on, so now a couple of gas bottles a week to add to the household bils.

S

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 10:24 AM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hola all,

We arrived from uk to stay for the winter and we think we are so lucky with the weather compared to uk,thats one of the reasons we're here.

Our friends have just left after 5 days with us and they were just the same walking around in t-shirts But my husband is just the same most of the time he just doesnt feel the cold.

Jeanie.

Like 0      
22 Nov 2010 11:10 AM by PeterInSpain Star rating in Marbella, Spain. 39 posts Send private message

I think its all to do with the blood thinning (ok, I'm old now!!!)......have about 3 layers on and its 17 degrees here, that would be a lovely Spring day back in UK!

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 9:22 AM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

-1c when I got up this morning!

Thank goodness we fitted the back-boiler stove for this winter. Whole house at a comfortable 18c. Stick another log on and I'll soon have it back to 20c

Take care and keep warm.

Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 9:48 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We don't have any heating on and it is 17c indoors at the moment. The sun is trying to get out, so if we are lucky it will then heat up the living room and our bedroom so we won't need to use the electric fires!  As pensioners, we appreciate free heating!!!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 10:13 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

We woke up to 3 inches of snow this morning, last week was sitting in lovely sunshine in Manilva, should have stayed there

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
25 Nov 2010 10:23 AM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Same for us 1" yesterday evening and another couple over night its still below freezing, with forcast to get a lot more over the weekend. Cant wait to get back to Spain on the 5 th .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cashback debit card - 0 posts
Looking for publishers - 2 posts
Hi everyone in EOS - 9 posts
TAX CGT refund.. - 3 posts
Legal or not? - 9 posts
Established magazine for sale in Murcia - 0 posts
Leading Andalucian Building developer Noriega collpases & PRASA to follow suit - 7 posts
Moving to either Benalmadena or Fuengirola - 6 posts
ps3 game for sale - 0 posts
Can Spain ever self correct? - 21 posts
Reel to Reel tape recorder/player wanted - 1 posts
Collections from the UK - 1 posts
Steve & Dave in Turis - 1 posts
FOR SALE RENAULT SCENIC..... - 5 posts
the real camposol? advice from people who live there please! - 20 posts
I'm Coming Back - 2 posts
Neil Diamond night on BBC 2 - 0 posts
Breast cancer - 0 posts
glass curtains costa blanca - 0 posts
Playa Flamenca - 8 posts
Car Rental around the Miraflores/Riviera del Sol area - 0 posts
Is it now time to buy? - 21 posts
msb-morenilla abogados -la manga club-murcia-are they still trading? - 2 posts
morenilla abogados -la manga-are they still trading? - 0 posts
A Beautiful Day - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 36

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x