Playa Flamenca

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by JamieJ Star rating in Manchester. 4 posts Send private message

Good day to all, I am new to this forum and hope that you can all help.

My Wife, 3 year old son and I are holidaying in Playa Flamenca next June and wondered if anybody could give me any tips on -

1) Nice Restaurants

2) Cheap transfers from Murcia Airport

3) Places to visit to keep the little one amused (we are not hiring a car)

4) How safe is the area? I have read many threads from other forums, some saying crime is high others saying the opposite. I live in Manchester UK so I am used to hearing about crime but just wondered if the crime rate is as excessive as some say?

Any comments would be gratefully appreciated

Like 0      
13 Nov 2010 2:46 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi Jamiej,

How much crime do you get in Manchester? I have lived in Manchester all my life and, although you do get crime occurring, we tend to live with it without any fear. We are just street wise and avoid potentially dangerous situations, like counting your ATM withdrawals out in public, or leaving our hand bags, wallets etc, unattended and in view of crooks.

Life is no different over in Spain, be sensible and street wise. Don’t go abroad with your silly holiday head on, as some do.

There are sights on the internet that will guide you to some good restaurants but depending where in Playa Flamenca you are, will depend on what is close to you. There are some good pubs and restaurants in the playa Flamenca commercial centre, also just down the road is La Zenia with more good bars and restaurants.  The beaches close by are good with bars on them if you need refreshments. You also have two bus companies who operate in your area; one is free, http://www.torreviejafreetrips.com/freetrips.php but you have to endure a sales half hour on wool products, (Sundays Wild West show and Sunday roast is good), and then there is, http://www.coachtripsonline.com/home.html, that you have to pay for, but no sales pitch, I recommend Guadalest as a trip out it has a great toy museum. There is a water park in Torrevieja, which is no far away.

Have a look on the internet, Google Playa Flamenca or Torrevieja and see what comes up, have a great time.

Sping.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2010 3:03 PM by JamieJ Star rating in Manchester. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks Sping, I agree you do hear about the crime happening but do not let it affect you in any way.

We are staying on Calle Niagara which I believe is very near Flamenca commercial centre and within walking of Playa Flamenca I and II? We are staying very close to the Celtic Isle but I have read bad reviews about this place i.e not very clean?

Do you know of any bars/restaurants that have children's play areas?

Thanks for this tips on coach trips I will have a look at those!

Like 0      
13 Nov 2010 3:29 PM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Hi Jamiej,

Children are welcome in all bars and restaurants but most have not got the space for playgrounds. We have found that a lot of places are not what you would call spotless but the either have a good atmosphere or the food is good, its just trial and error. Some places that we would have recommended last season we would not this, as things change fast on the Costa Blanca.

There is a nice restaurant near Dehesa de Compoamore, it use to be called El Cortijo but now is called Sunrise. You could die of starvation waiting to be served but the food is nice and it has amusements for the kids.

All I can suggest is go out with an open mind have a look around the area and ask your neighbours where is best, as they will point you ion the right direction.  

Sping...

Like 0      
13 Nov 2010 4:44 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

The free trip to the Wild West show is no longer!.........the place closed down during the summer.

I live in Playa Flamenca and really feel that apart from the beaches there is not a lot for young children to do, or for older ones for that matter.

There are loads of places to eat, some good, some bad and some indifferent !

There are dotted around, children's playgrounds and little parks.

There is a water park in Torrevieja but it is VERY expensive. However, if you can get our to quesada there is a really good water park especially geared up for young children ( lots of supervision etc etc and safety stuff ) where you can spend all day in pleasant surroundings for about 12€ each. They do have food but you can take a picnic.

Quite near is the Orihuela Coata Resort, I don't know what it costs for a day pass, but I am told it is very nice. There is a pool ect. I have never been but friends have and say it is much nicer than the  other places.

The beaches locally are very good and clean and well kept. There are beach bars in summer with drinks, snacks and ice creams and the sea is clean and there are lifeguards in summer on some of the beaches. They do get very crowded in the summer and you would need to be vigialant of the children.

From a crime point of view all you need to do is be sensible and not leave your brains at the UK airport. There is crime everywhere, the trick is not to invite it by doing daft things like sticking your wallet in your back pocket or leaving your bag exposed to all........................just take the same precautions you would in the UK.

Hope this helps and you enjoy a really nice holiday.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
30 Nov 2010 5:04 PM by charming Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi JamieJ,

There's a public swimming pool right near to you only 5 minutes walk away, near (Hiracios) Old Alfredo's restaurant, everyone knows it.

However maybe on the urbanisation that you will be staying, you will have a pool for the kids to use.

As for Murcia airport transfers then give Costa-Blanca-Transfers a try, we've used them in the past and never had any problems.

There's also a new sports centre which has just been built on calle Niagra and there's also a childrens outdoor play area, so depending on where your accommodation is on Calle Niagra, this could be handy.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2010 12:19 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

We have a place just off Market Street in Playa Flamenca and just love the area. There are lots and lots of restaurants in the area, all within walking distance. Playa Flamenca Commercial Centre consists of 3 floors of restaurants and bars. However, late at night it can be a bit rowdy. You are far enough away so it will not affect you. Via Park 1 and Via Park 2 are nearby and have a small selection of restaurants and bars. Our favourite and best value is the Chinese on the top floor of Via Park 2, try their sizzling set menu and you will not be disappointed.

There is a very large Street Market on Saturday. Well worth a visit. Again just be careful and do not carry large amounts of cash with you.

The beaches are lovely and there are buses to other beaches. From memory when our kids were 3 they would be happy with the pool. Just be careful your 3 year old doesn't burn Take sun tan cream from here. You can buy airside at Airports before you go, don't buy here and then try to take through to the flight.

June tends to be quiet and I'm sure the beaches will not be overcrowded. A new swimming pool is about to open near where your staying. Have not seen it yet but it is supposed to be very nice. I believe it actually opens today. You will have a great holiday.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2011 9:31 AM by jacquei Star rating in Pilar de la Horadad.... 2 posts Send private message

Hi Jamie

First of all Playa Flamenca is a great place for a holiday, it has a lot to offer your family to give you a wonderful time. May I start by saying yes there is crime here but no more than any other places in the world, the main thing is to just be vigilent, there are criminals here and they usually target holiday makers, my husband and I have lived in this area of Spain for 9 years and have never been targeted.  The  rule is be aware......dont accept offers of help at airport, when you arrive at villa, or in  supermarkets, especially car parks, markets and the beach and dont carry a lot of money and when you do...keep in a safe place, wifes handbag held close at all times.   Now after scaring you with all that I can reasure you there is a good police presence in most places,  We love it here in Spain, the spanish are great and as most speak english you wont have a language problem.

Enjoy your holdiay...beaches are great, two good waterparks in Torrevieja, great restaurants, and lots of childrens parks around.  If you have a hire car then visit  La Zenia, Mil Palmeras, Torre de la Horadada and El Mojon beaches..........but the one we use is Playa Villananitos in Lo Pagan in San Pedro del Pinatar...............drive along AP7 motorway towards Cartagena and take exit to San Pedro and at roundabout take exit to LO PAGAN and drive straight down to the end until you see Windmill, we usually take a right turn at the end and then a left and you will come to parking area by the beach.

A family friendly restaurant can be found at most places,    VIALLI¨S RESTAURANT AT VIA PARK 1 is a good one, plenty fo space, good food and safe area outside for children.  You will find via Park a few mins walk from  PLAYA FLAMENCA SATURDAY MARKET..take road to the right as you exit the main entrance to the market.

Another place to shop and eat is DOS MARES....its indoors away from hot sun or rain....drive along AP7 towards Cartagena take 777 exit and drive up to roundabout. DOS MARES is a big shopping mall just on the roundabout

Well have a great holiday and if you need any more info please shout.

regards

jacquei

Like 0      
07 Apr 2011 10:53 AM by frankandnobenny Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I have visted friends that live in Playa Flamenca on more than one occasion , and had a great time each time I have been... as long as you dont let your barriers down (like lots of people do when on holiday) you should be fine. Have a lovely holiday and enjoy the sun! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Rental around the Miraflores/Riviera del Sol area - 0 posts
Is it now time to buy? - 21 posts
msb-morenilla abogados -la manga club-murcia-are they still trading? - 2 posts
morenilla abogados -la manga-are they still trading? - 0 posts
A Beautiful Day - 6 posts
Only in America...(Nothing to do with Spain...!) - 3 posts
Community responsibilities & constitution - 3 posts
New Gym at Casares Golf - 1 posts
Electric Cooker & Cooking - 9 posts
SONY BRAVIA 32INCH LCD TV - 1 posts
CITREON C3 FOR SALE - 1 posts
Vistas del Guardiana, Costa Esuri - 0 posts
TRAVELLING BY CAR AND MOTORBIKE FROM SANTANDER TO VERA - 2 posts
And Grandad Makes Eleven - 1 posts
Sales January Sales ??? - 2 posts
FOR SALE CAN AM SPYDER MOTOBIKE......Must See - 5 posts
Can They Do This? - 7 posts
Moving from Ireland(transport) - 6 posts
uk family with 1 horse 1 pony seeking long term accommodation in spain - 4 posts
paying non resident tax - 234 posts
anabel4you - 2 posts
roof tiles wind damage - 1 posts
sky remote - 2 posts
Reporting of Vat on UK purchases - 5 posts
Granada, Malaga, Antequera Triangle; link wanted for good animal rescue centre. - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x