anyone book car trawler through fromnt page on EOS website

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by trishka Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi

I noticed an advertisement for cheap car hire on homepage of EOS, the prices seem to be really good, and the search is through car trawler, anyone book with these before? I cant see mention of who the hire company is.

many thanks

Like 0      
08 Nov 2010 1:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I book all of my cars through there

CarTrawler has hundreds of car hire companies in its system.  They check them all to deliver the best rates that they can.

You won't know which actual company you're booking with until you complete your booking.  That's the same way most of these meta searchers work.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 8:55 AM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

We have booked car hire from this website and the prices were the best. We actually needed long term rental and all was perfect. So, fully recomend it. 

Valentina

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 12:09 PM by Sun-seeker Star rating in Birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Valentina,

What is their fuel policy? Full - Empty or Full - Full?

Thanks

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 12:55 PM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi,

When we first started (dec. 2009) we rented for almost 5 months and it was full and we had to deliver it in  full. After that I had  rented again in July I belive and they gave it to me empty and I had to return it the same, empty.  The company chosen by cartrowler was marbesol. I don´t know if I had special conditions for being a long term costumer, but this is how it worked. Also I believe the conditions might vary if you rent only for a few days.

Hope this help, but I suggest you always call first and ask, nobody wants any surpises.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2010 11:03 PM by ellemum Star rating in Bolton Lancs / Costa.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi,

I once booked via cartrawler, and I have to say, that I would never do it again.

Price was ok, we got a car from Aquesa ??? , long time ago now so not sure if that is how it is spelt.   Had to wait 1 hours, as there was no car and as the guy said " it is being made for you" took this as being cleaned.  Full/Full basis.  100 euros deposit for - I do not know!   we were tired, late for meeting up with friends etc, so just paid it when the guy said it would be refunded on return.

On its return, the tank was full, the guy checking it sat revving it for a few minutes (hoping the arrow would move!).  He said that we had damaged the rear bumber, so we shown him the car plan on pick up which determined that the car was already damaged.  He was surly, unhelpful and doing his best to find fault.  Getting more and more upset because he couldn't.  We have extra insurance cover with annual cover, so if we had done any damage we would have been covered anyhow.

I asked for a refund receipt of the 100 euros on my credit card.  He told me to  go to  the office with all the paper work, upon which he had written many notes in Spanish.  Went to the  office, where I  was told that the refund would be done  automatically within 10 days.  Not being in any position to debate this, as he was adamant that he could not do anything there and then, and we had a flight to catch, which he  was well aware of and utilised to the best of his ability.

No credit card refund even 2 months later.  Put the whole amount in dispute.  My credit card company eventually got the 100 euros refunded - 6 months later, after numerous calls, letters and exasperation. 

NEVER AGAIN........... I stick to car-jet.   No problems with  them yet...................... and used them regularly over the past 3 years.

Like 0      
14 Aug 2013 4:02 PM by paminparis2013 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Don't rent via Car Trawler. They are a total rip off and a scam. You will never ever find a real person to talk to if you have a problem. Ever hear of Inter Rent car rental? Neither did we. That's where we were put by Car Trawler in Barcelona. This company claimed to have a "return empty" policy and wanted to charge us 95 euros for a full tank of fuel. The rental was only 150 euros. Are you kidding me? Who ever heard of return empty?  We were not going to be driving that much, so, we walked away and rented from Hertz. Car Trawler does not have a legitimate customer service. Only an email with a form letter response. They refused to reimburse us. And more frustrating was that  Inter rent claimed it was a Car Trawler issue and Car Trawler claimed it was an inter rent issue. Oh, well. Live and learn. Read the fine print. Oh wait, I did. Never found the sentence.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Seat Alhambra for sale - 2 posts
Family Book Refusal - 5 posts
moving abroad - 7 posts
birds nesting behind air con unit - 1 posts
hi everyone on EOS - 4 posts
Watch BBC iPlayer in Spain without VPN - 24 posts
Best freesat postcode. - 12 posts
Spanish among British - 1 posts
changing from UK Tv back to spanish freeview - 4 posts
Community Satellite / TV Service requirements - 1 posts
For those who rent our their properties for holidays - 13 posts
BBC4 missing - 1 posts
Bank accounts? - 3 posts
Easyjet - 1 posts
Insurance - Any good ones? - 7 posts
Kelly's Bar - New in Duquesa - 3 posts
Condado - New Purchase - 9 posts
Writer + family seeks 3-month let from December 2011 - 3 posts
lost deposit - 34 posts
Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts
COVERA SUNDAY MARKET - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x