changing from UK Tv back to spanish freeview

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by futuregirl Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Could anyone give me instructions on how to adjust the ariel wires in the wall. I have always had UK TV and the guy who installed it for Teleast did something to the wires in the wall for the ariel socket to receive the signal. Now i wish to have spanish TV, i have plugged in the TDT box but it cant pick up any channels. The exterior ariel is the correct type and my neighbours can receive it perfectly. Therefore there must be something i have to do indoors to connect it back up. Please help !

Like 0      
06 Nov 2010 12:14 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

The only way to receive UK TV in Spain is via satellite.

At a rough guess whoever did your antenna wiring hooked up the cable to a sat dish or distribution box. So at the moment you have your TDT box connected to the sat dish. This is obviously no good at all for TDT which uses a conventional UHF type aerial. You will need a new cable to be run in from the aerial to the TDT box.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
06 Nov 2010 12:22 AM by futuregirl Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you for the info, I think this is the case. However could I just remove the panel and reconnect it myself as maybe the cable will still be there but disconnected. Failing that I will have to get a TV engineer to sort it out. Thank again

Like 0      
06 Nov 2010 10:55 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

quote...However could I just remove the panel and reconnect it myself as maybe the cable will still be there but disconnected...unquote

The original UHF aerial feeder might still be there as you suggest...give it a go. You have nothing to lose by trying and you'll save yourself some cash too!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
19 Nov 2010 10:10 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Most of the Re-broadcaster installers will take the easy solution to connect to their systems.  They have probably used the cable from the TDT ariel to connect to the dish/mesh ariel when they came to set your system up.

You just need someone to either run a new cable so that you can run both systems independantly or to reconnect the ariel wire.

I've had TDT installed and in my area I'm also having an ariel booster connected to the mast to increase the signal.  The signal has improved recently and I've got more channels.  I'm trying to cover all bases, there's nothing worse than losing the signal in the middle of a programme.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Satellite / TV Service requirements - 1 posts
For those who rent our their properties for holidays - 13 posts
BBC4 missing - 1 posts
Bank accounts? - 3 posts
Easyjet - 1 posts
Insurance - Any good ones? - 7 posts
Kelly's Bar - New in Duquesa - 3 posts
Condado - New Purchase - 9 posts
Writer + family seeks 3-month let from December 2011 - 3 posts
lost deposit - 34 posts
Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts
COVERA SUNDAY MARKET - 0 posts
help please on a vpo - 4 posts
exterior paint prices - 8 posts
CAR HIRE GATWICK AIRPORT - 1 posts
Vodafone Address - 2 posts
SKY GOLD AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL - 3 posts
spains had its knocks - 10 posts
Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts
MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x