lost deposit

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2013 10:02 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

"and that applies to buying anything, as seen by all the jerks who paid large deposits for undelivered goods from Comets of late. "

I'm curious, baz. Why would someone be a "jerk" for putting a deposit on goods from Comet?

I can't believe he had the nerve to justify that! Unbelievable.

"and that applies to buying anything, as seen by all the jerks who paid large deposits for undelivered goods from Comets of late. "

I'm curious, baz. Why would someone be a "jerk" for putting a deposit on goods from Comet?

Well now if a person was told that a company was going to the wall, and told it might be unsafe to pay deposits on goods that were going to be suspect for delivery or supply and they still went ahead and paid out good money......what would you call them?.....One of the three wise men perhaps?  

And if you cared to follow up the news about Comet after it went bust then you should know that plenty of folk lost plenty of hard earnt cash, that is a well know fact to plenty,... but i have no doubt you could dismiss this as unbelievable as well.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2013 10:10 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

I stand by that sentence but you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2013 10:51 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

FAO - Baz 1946

Right, OK, here goes:-

You said:-
He said he bought several properties off-plan.... Did they say this? because i have read the post over quite a few times before i posted and since and nowhere can i read "Of-plan"

He actually said this:-

I have been offered a deal where another developer will take over my legal action and gift me a deposit on a completed property

So, the property was not completed, therefore off-plan. Ok?

Next:-

You said:-
did suggest that it was years in the past,... Did they say this? because i have read this post a few more times then it seems you have and the only suggestion is that the solicitor seems to think it might take years to get his money back.

He actually said:-

My lawyer feels that he can recover the monies but it could take more years of fighting.

Therefore, he suggested that the property was bought at least a couple of years ago, otherwise he wouldn't be facing 'more years of fighting'

Next:-

You then said this in your reply to me:-

Did i suggest this was done recently? i don't think so, and if it was by chance done in the past few years then more fool this person for leaving it this long, but then that's up to them, isn't it.

Prior to that you actually said this in your first reply:-

Your joshing me surely, so this person has the means to buy several properties, but not the know how to understand and see what is happening in Spain right now, and over the past year or so, talk about not doing their homework.

And here's you telling people to keep there wits about them when making an investment when you can't even read 5 or 6 lines of a post with any understanding. End of argument, OK?

As for the rest of your post, well we're all really pleased for you that you've made it in life but it's a little insensitive to come in here bragging about how you're Spain's version of the Duke of Westminster when there are people in a dire situation that has almost bankrupted them and made them ill. Pfft, i wouldn't trust you with a garden allotment!

I think you should leave your sanctimonious drivel out of this thread and any other for matter because people like you aren't welcome.

Whats the Duke of Westminster got to do with  this? quite a childish answer that, but still,

Who's this in a dire situation then? you perhaps, and don't like being shown up for a fool for buying something you should not have, and please don't fret to much about me being trusted with a garden allotment, you are right about that, i would probably ruin one, because that's not what i am into...
.Oh and by the way the Duke still owns a fair part of London, me i only owned 4/5 houses in Spain, did you not read that? and not all at once mind, don't own any now, sold them all over the years past, the last i sold Nov 2012. 
Hardly in the same running as the Duke i would say, but you gave me a chuckle with that one. 

And i answered one of your questions about doing well in my life, not bragging at all, you had the same chances as me in life and who knows maybe better ones at that. Don't blame me because you blew it.

And this started because of what? someone posted they lost several 30% deposits and i said they would have almost paid the full price of one house....er sorry but if you cant see this then that's your problem. 

And who cares that some have almost been bankrupted, for Christs sake they bought in a foreign land, 2000 miles away, hardly know any of the rules of that country,  with many hoping to sell on at a good profit, and probably bought with money they couldn't afford to lose should it all go wrong, with no plan set up if it did go wrong, then everyone else is supposed to feel sorry for them and bleed somewhat, get real please, they wouldn't be winging if they had made a handsome profit and then left Spain with this profit, laughing all the way to the home bank.

It's good that you could surmise or read more into what was on that post, because what was posted is nothing like what you are going on about, i only wish i could see more of things that are not their, would have done even better in my life then.

Yes i can certainly see why people like you don't want people like me posting.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2013 11:06 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

TL;DR

As I say, keep digging!

You are some piece of work!

Like 0      
18 Feb 2013 11:07 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I stand by that sentence but you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself.

So it didn't happen then, folk didn't pay deposits at Comets and lose them, folk did get all the money back from the failed Electrical Retailer then....and it's me who's digging a bigger hole then is it?

Read anything about it did you? Looked about have you...Comets ain't their no more.

Let me put it a much simpler way for you......If you, and i mean you, paid money  to someone after being told you wont ever see that money again, or the goods you wanted with this money,....Forget Comets at the moment, think any company, lets say builders in Spain...... would you consider yourself a jerk for still doing this, or think "Nice man that one" 

People knew the trouble Spain was in with house builders, and still went ahead and paid deposits, quite simple really. Jerks.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2013 11:14 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Haha! What a piece of work!

I think you better take your medication because you're losing it. I'm out.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 1:05 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

When you read of the following

"Spain's unusual accounting standards, intended to smooth earnings over the business cycle, has misled regulators and analysts by hiding losses and earnings volatility. The accounting technique of "dynamic provisioning", which violated the standards set by the International Accounting Standards Board, obscured capital cushions until they were depleted, allowing the appearance of health as the problems mounted "

you start to recognise the scale of complex cover up by the Banks to give an appearance of "good health" .

Many offplan purchasers placed deposits well before the financial crisis hit (2007-8) and all too many have been struggling to gain justice in the interim due to all manner of failures identified below. The sad aspect is that "myths" proporting to ignorance on the part of the majority of innocent offplan purchasers, only play into the hands of those ultimately responsible, i.e the Banks, who we should all make accountable by highlighting facts as per Keith Rule's petition text.

We should all be singing from the same hymn sheet if the truth be known, but this depends upon a willingness to listen and learn of the realities, a willingness to support and stand united against abuse and corruption and fight for consumer rights and well overdue Banking reform and effective regulation, not to mention fast tracking solutions.........

I live in hope.

This message was last edited by ads on 19/02/2013.

This message was last edited by ads on 19/02/2013.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 8:56 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Haha! What a piece of work!

I think you better take your medication because you're losing it. I'm out.

Well it was you that asked the question that i answered about how i come to say folk that put a deposit down with a company that they knew was going to go broke were jerks.

No medication needed on my part,  if you don't like to hear answers to your liking with questions you put out, then better not to ask?, and whats with the trying to insult people because you disagree with what they say...trying being the operative word. 

If i touched a nerve on this one, then please accept my apologies for that, if you didn't get your white goods or TV,  you cant say you were not warned about Comet.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 10:42 AM by CostaBlade Star rating in Riviera. 114 posts Send private message

Hi all.

I try not to get involved with these kinds of debates (been there done it ! )

But i have to say i have some sympathy with Baz1946' views, and he is only telling it "how it is"  even if the truth hurts sometimes.

We bought here on the Costa del Sol Seven years ago, we were offered various "off plan" properties to purchase, it was even a "hard sell" to get us to hand over our money.

We decided that "no way" were we going to hand over money for something that could not see, and hadn't been built, it was just a "vision" on a piece of architects paper.  We bought something a bit more expensive but it was built, and we could view it.                     That was our choice and we paid more money for our property, it just seemed common sense to me !! and Spain wasn't even in trouble then !!

I think that is what Baz was alluding too - "you pays your money and takes your choice"  but if you look the "gift horse in the mouth" don't complain when it goes wrong.

His comments about Comet, Woolworths were also correct, they had been in trouble for a long time, why oh why don't people do their research, beats me every time.

Anyway i've enjoyed the banter even if it was a strong at times, and i hope the original poster gets his money back.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 3:33 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

All the money that Banks are now being held liable for in the Courts was illegally released to developers and never accounted for – in a virtual black hole! All of which demonstrates that the Banks also misled regulators by failing to act in accordance with LEY 57/1968.

It's time the truth relating to these activities is exposed.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 5:45 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Thankyou CostaBlade.

Without doubt a breath of fresh air,  common sense prevails at last, and i mean this with respect to you...Not just because you could see a tiny little bit of sense in what i said.

Yes the truth does hurt many people,  and mostly to the people who lost out and are looking for someone or something to blame other then themselves.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2013 8:45 PM by stinger Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

If you buy a property of-plan and the developer go's into liquidation . Has the law changed in Spain where you can go for the person assets for your deposit

Like 0      
20 Feb 2013 8:35 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Stinger:

Possibly most advisable than personal assets of developer, who, under curent climate muct be quite short or non existent, the best option is to use the possibilities of Law 57/68 or what we can call: " Keith Rule action" as he was tha main promoter of this. Your Queen should award him!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 Feb 2013 10:47 AM by stinger Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria what is Keith law

Stinger

Like 0      
20 Feb 2013 11:04 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria the action against Banks is essential yes, but please can we have a concerted effort by all concerned (lawyers included) to address alongside this action the need for a fast track approach, as abusive court delays, slow judicial response to Bank appeals, etc are significantly compromising the enforcement of this law and return of monies.

We ALL have to bring this matter to the attention of those who review statistical evidence to ensure that the rule of law is being enforced in a timely fashion. Is it possible therefore for lawyers such as yourself to assist in this regard? Do you and other lawyers have any effective means at your disposal to place a complaint relating to these compromising delays affecting your clients, that will act as statistical evidence to futher this cause?

Banks appear to be using the major backlog of court delays to their advantage....... in some cases (Estepona court)  its taking many months (5 months and more) before the case is even admitted into the court system, let alone gaining a preliminary hearing from which to move forward.

Stinger it might help to read this:

http://www.bankguaranteesinspain.com/text.htm

This message was last edited by ads on 20/02/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Steel pet cages for sale - 0 posts
Various items for sale! - 0 posts
whats the weather like currently? - 6 posts
person oriented retirement village - 2 posts
Desktop PCs for sale - 17 posts
COVERA SUNDAY MARKET - 0 posts
help please on a vpo - 4 posts
exterior paint prices - 8 posts
CAR HIRE GATWICK AIRPORT - 1 posts
Vodafone Address - 2 posts
SKY GOLD AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL - 3 posts
spains had its knocks - 10 posts
Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts
MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts
Here we go again!!! Another Nigerian scam!! now advertising properties on this forum!! - 3 posts
BAD NEWS!!! Noriega is about to collapse!! - 0 posts
Interesting Article - 1 posts
Looking for good quality 2nd hand furniture. - 1 posts
Hi to EOS. - 5 posts
shutters - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TORREVIEJO LONG LET - 3 posts
EU: corporate corruption controls - 2 posts
Business 1st Charity Dinner in Aid of F.A.M.A. - 0 posts
rooms to let - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x