exterior paint prices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2010 12:00 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi, Wonder if anyone can help? We are a small community 40 apartments/townhouses and are looking to paint our own community (can.t afford professional help) looking for good quality exterior paint (cream) does anyone know where to get this and prices at moment being quoted 120€ discounted per tin for 15ltrs (12 tins being ordered) thought we would do one block at a time. We are in Nueva Andalucia. Any help gratefully appreciated.  Thanks

Like 0      
03 Nov 2010 10:03 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Anthomo i have always found spanish paint to be expensive in general i am no expert but i expect it to have to have additional additives due to the higher UV factors exposure to sunlight etc

At the end of the day you get what you pay for

If you are saving money by doing it yourself its a good idea to invest some of that saving in a better quality paint

I do know that lead used to be added to paint years ago but was withdrawn and it seems you need to repaint more often now

Regards Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 12:09 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Rod;

Just for info from one who used to work for a leading UK paint manufacturer, lead used to be used in a variety of paints from the familiar red lead primer that used to be used on external structures like the Forth Bridge where the lead constituted a major part of the pigmentation, to the normal domestic undercoats and gloss paints where it was used in gradually reducing amount both as a pigment and as a drying agent. Its use as a pigment was universally (except on China) outlawed in the 70's when it was replaced by Titanium Dioxide. To the best of my knowledge no lead has been present in paint now for around 20 years.

Titanium Dioxide continues to be used as the primary pigment in all paints and is highly resistant to UV light.

From my experience over the last few years I have to agree with you that Spanish paint is generally inferior to the Dulux type available in the UK and is extremely expensive for what you get.

In our neck of the woods, half way up a mountain the villagers repaint the exterior of their houses every two years...ours is long overdue!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 5:20 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Anthomo16

I hope I've caught you in time, the english builders merchant AIM in Elviria is currently selling British Sandtex at 38.50 for a 10 litre tin, they have it in a few colours. Sandtex is a great quality paint.

http://www.abbs.es/home.html

Steve

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 8:56 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Team Gb

I have passed the details on to our president can you let me know where in ELVIRIA is the builders merchants i have visited ELVIRIA loads of times and i have no idea where it is i know the small commercial area where moons estate agent is and the opposite side where Rokka bar is ?

And the road down to Don Carlos and up to SANTA MARIA

Thanks Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

This message was last edited by rod on 04/11/2010.

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 9:05 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Link to Google Maps showing location in Elvira...Shows up on StreetView too!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
04 Nov 2010 11:43 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Rod

I can confirm that foxbat's google map is spot on, if you are coming eastwards say from Marbella get off the N340 at the main Elviria turn (comercial centres) and you need to take the road eastwards again behind the side where Moon's estate agents are, if you are coming westwards from Calahonda get off at the Cespa garage at Las Chapas and navigate round the back. I hope that makes sense, its not that easy to find.

S

Like 0      
05 Nov 2010 9:25 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Thanks for the directions I will pass them on to our president who is organising the repaint Rod www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Nov 2010 1:04 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Once again I have been given some fantastic info, many thanks to all, I will certainly check out AIM in Elviria.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CAR HIRE GATWICK AIRPORT - 1 posts
Vodafone Address - 2 posts
SKY GOLD AND DISCOVERY CHANNEL - 3 posts
spains had its knocks - 10 posts
Moving to Spain: Exchange my UK car - Boxter - 6 posts
MOUNTAIN BIKES - 3 posts
School books - a rip off? - 17 posts
Here we go again!!! Another Nigerian scam!! now advertising properties on this forum!! - 3 posts
BAD NEWS!!! Noriega is about to collapse!! - 0 posts
Interesting Article - 1 posts
Looking for good quality 2nd hand furniture. - 1 posts
Hi to EOS. - 5 posts
shutters - 2 posts
LOOKING FOR TORREVIEJO LONG LET - 3 posts
EU: corporate corruption controls - 2 posts
Business 1st Charity Dinner in Aid of F.A.M.A. - 0 posts
rooms to let - 1 posts
Various House Items for Sale - 0 posts
All Saints Day Spain - 0 posts
second hand car - 4 posts
DYS - no cars at Almeria - 0 posts
Question for the legals - 13 posts
long let - 5 posts
Hello - 2 posts
do people prefer shopping online in spain? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x