Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

Hi all

We really need some help!

my mother in law has been renting our apartment for the last year which is in Formentera del segura, costa BLANCA.

She is moving out at the end of this year down to Benalmadena.

We will have a real struggle trying to keep up with the mortgage payments so will have to rent it out again.  Where is best to advertise for either free or very cheap.  Also what is the going rate for a 2bed  duplex apartment with own front door and roof terrace?

Any help will be much appreiciated as we don`t want to loose the place after having it for 5years. we bought when the prices were at their highest so if we had to sell now we would`nt get back what we owe so selling is not an option!

many thanks

Sichez

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 11:21 AM by tangledman Star rating in Puerto de Mazarron. 45 posts Send private message

tangledman´s avatar

Hi Sichez,

Sorry to hear that you are struggling. I'm in the same situation at the moment, having evicted my previous tenants for none payment. Make sure you cover yourself against this. I have had plenty calls from people about my house, where I have not been convinced that they are in a position to pay.

I would say around 350 - 400 Euros per month is about the going rate there.

To get an idea of what the going rate is, use google.

and search "se alquila forentera del segura"

Put up a large Se Alquila notice (You'd be surprised how many go up where the phone number is unreadable).

I'll compile a list of places where you can add your property to rent for free.

Hope this helps

Will

Like 0      
30 Oct 2010 11:38 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

To find out what  something is worth or in your case renting for I always find that the best thing to do is to try and buy the product or service that you are trying to sell, my daughter asked me recently what I thought her car was worth, I told her to go and try and buy her car on ebay, at least you will get a starting point.

I would google your aparment and urbanisation and see what similar units are avialable and at what rental, your search should also reveal some agents that you could contact I would have thought.

You should be able to list your apartment for rent at no cost, ultimately if the agent is sucessfull in letting long term they will be wanting 1 months rental as a fee from somewhere. Of course you could always advertise it here on EOS, have a look at the rental section.

S

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WALK UP RIO SECO AT CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Would like to meet new people - 1 posts
Autonomo mine field - 0 posts
Don't forget clocks go back on Sunday - 11 posts
GEOCACHING - 1 posts
UK Driving licence replacement - 6 posts
Holiday Lets versus Long Term Tenancy - 6 posts
Malaga Airport - Current Parking situation - 4 posts
Is it a good time to buy? - 29 posts
Retirement Villages - 10 posts
To dream the impossible dream.... - 9 posts
Free P&P - delivery to Spain from UK - 12 posts
Full Tank Of Petrol Con - 4 posts
Stealing Community Electricity inWinter - 6 posts
Calling all ex-pat market traders...... - 14 posts
Proffessional liabilities of conveyancers - 33 posts
Lost Luggage - 1 posts
International van insurance nightmare - 6 posts
Even more jokes - 3 posts
Even more jokes - 2 posts
Work Carried out for the Benefit of Individual Properties - 3 posts
Community voting - what is a majority? - 18 posts
RENTACARSPAIN.COM - 24 posts
Dogs on the beach - 5 posts
Making a Formal Objection About a General Meeting - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x