Apartment wanted within 40 mins commute of Gibraltar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by fishinmad Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I am starting a new job in Gibraltar in the middle of November.

My wife and I are looking for long-term rental apartment in Spain ideally that ideally meets the following criteria:

Within a 45 minute drive of the Gibraltar border. 
At Least 2 Bedrooms 
Very modern/stylish interior 
Access to a communal pool 
Parking for one car 
Maximum All Inclusive Rental Euro 900 
Minimum Rental 6 to 12 Months 
Broadband Internet access (this is a must as my wife works from home). 
Sky TV

I would prefer to deal with UK owner and pay in Sterling (as am paid in Sterling)

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 1:30 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Manilva/Duquesa is a popular area for those commuting into Gibraltar.  I live in Manilva and commute to Gibraltar every day, and it takes around 40 minutes to the border.

You don't need to pay anything like 900 euros for a rental property in the area.  You can rent a nice beach side appartment for 400 euros per month these days, such is the oversupply of property.  We pay 500 euros for a 3 bed, 3 story house.

When we arrived, we got a short term rental through idealista.com and then had a look round the area for a long term let.  There's a lot of "For rent" signs in the area, with many of the properties owned by Brits.  So maybe worth doing something like that?

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 1:56 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Hello, Have a 3 bedroomed ground floor apartment, 2 bathrooms, underground parking and store room, pool etc. gated community. It's in Atalayas de Riviera, which is next to the motorway entrance/exit in Calahonda. Rent 550 euros or stirling if you prefer.  keys available in Spain to view.      Jayce

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 2:05 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

22 Oct 2010 3:07 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

What about Casares?

There is some really good properties there and some great bargains to be had compared to what people paid 3 years ago etc.

Also you might want to consider a rent to buy contract. No option fee but should you decide to buy you have fixed your price or you could even have rent payments deducted etc.

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 8:38 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

You can make gibraltar in 40 minutes from riviera use the AP7 not the A7 mind you you would have to pay tolls estepona may be more suitable or duquesa is nice with everything a family needs

Rod

www.ournextholiday.co.uk

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 10:24 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
There are many apartments available for rent well under your budget but, personally, I wouldn't venture too much further east than Estepona. Duquesa, Manilva is about 20 mins to Gibraltar with an easy drive and no road tolls - although it can always take you a little while to get thru the border but you have probably taken that into account.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2010 10:31 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

We have a Duplex apartment, with lovely sea and mountain views, that fits your criteria perfectly and are happy to have all the bills for Sky, Internet, Electricity and Water paid inclusively and in Sterling.

It is in Duquesa and we are British and also live in Duquesa, so if you had any problems we would be less than 5 mins away.

The urbanisation is small and quiet, only 33 apartments in total, and the apartment has only just become available again having been repainted throughout and with new furniture and TV in place. In fact we had just come on EOS in order to place a new advert, and we saw this thread.

A view from the Urbanisation:

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
24 Oct 2010 8:42 PM by petimi Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Santa Margarita / Venta Melchor

Aureus complex - this is where I live at the moment.

Around 600euros per month including bills (water,electricity) for a 2 bedroom decent apartment.

Furnished, communal pool, warm/cold AC, etc... Broadband available, not sure about sky...

10min drive to Gibraltar, pleasant place, nearly new place (1-2 years old), secure gated community, short walk from the beach.

I can't paste URL links so just do a google search for "aureus apartamentos" and it should be the first search result "bahiasuraureus"

Like 0      
25 Oct 2010 11:28 AM by surina Star rating in Barking, Essex. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

Our 2 bedroomed 2 bathrooms apartment is at Casares Costa, beautifully furnished and available from 1 November. We live in England and rent our apartment for holiday lets but are happy to rent it out for the next few months. It is air-conditioned/heated and all details are on our website www.edencasares.co.uk. If you are interested please e-mail us back on rayeden76@btinternet.com. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone intrested in doing a bit of house swopping - 0 posts
Agua Potable o no ! - 6 posts
Dumbstruck!! - 1 posts
Kia Sportage 4wd 4900 eur - 1 posts
BBC One HD - 3rd November 2010 - 4 posts
Roof Beams Protection- Help Needed! - 5 posts
english will- spanish bank - 7 posts
Hi to everyone........ - 3 posts
Somebody pooped in the garage - 7 posts
Watch out! New Telefonica or Movistar Scam! - 2 posts
documents of car - 2 posts
Embargo on property - 6 posts
No puedo publicar - 2 posts
electrical goods why so expensive? - 4 posts
Wanted second hand Freezer - 0 posts
Proxy votes at community meetings for absent owners - 9 posts
Please help me to my problem.. - 1 posts
Autonomo - 27 posts
For Sale - FC400 Cross Trainer Exercise Machine - 0 posts
LLoyds Bank Charges - 1 posts
Does anyone know how to stop calls from 912 868 399?? - 3 posts
wanted - shipping container - 3 posts
Moto X Bike - 1 posts
Electricity problems - 7 posts
Topping up mobiles - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x