Dumbstruck!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Oct 2010 12:00 AM by samcampbell Star rating in Costa Del Sol. 136 posts Send private message

samcampbell´s avatar

Are we in a recession?

Surely you want my business?

Starting in November, guaranteed "bums on seats twice a month"

If you answered YES to all of the above, imagine my amazement when trying to give my business to a Golf Club on the Costa Del Sol and they said NO....

No because it is "off season" "our kitchens don't open until 11am"  "they wont open the kitchen that early"

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Sam Campbell Business 1st...

mail: info@business1st.es

www.business1st.es

Like 0      
22 Oct 2010 10:23 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

My husband, a keen golfer, is a member of a small golf society locally (UK). He has been asked numerous times in the past few years to organise a golfing holiday in Spain for the 15 to 20 members who play regularly.

He tells them the impression he gets is that Spanish greenkeepers are running the clubs and   do not want golfers churning up their greens. The high price  for a round is prohibitive and yet the courses are almost empty, therefore the clubhouses are empty too.     Their answer seems to be to rack up the price to make up for the loss of trade which, any successful businessman will tell you, is not the answer.

This approach has been going on for years and it's a question if the powers that be who run the clubs have even noticed there is a recession.

The UK clubs  my husband uses have bent over backwards this year to ensure the society members have enjoyed their days golf. They have even played some of the more expensive/exclusive clubs this year, having left them off their fixture lists for a number of years due to the price. The secretaries (and in one instance the captain) have 'phoned the next day to thank him for the business and check the members found everything to their satisfaction. Some have even offered to pencil them in again for next year on the same deal. So the UK clubs have wakened up to the fact there is a recession and taken appropriate action.

It is really rather sad that Spanish clubs cannot follow suit and that; even when presented with the prospect of regular business at their inflated prices, they just cannot be bothered to get off their backsides and offer a little service.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Kia Sportage 4wd 4900 eur - 1 posts
BBC One HD - 3rd November 2010 - 4 posts
Roof Beams Protection- Help Needed! - 5 posts
english will- spanish bank - 7 posts
Hi to everyone........ - 3 posts
Somebody pooped in the garage - 7 posts
Watch out! New Telefonica or Movistar Scam! - 2 posts
documents of car - 2 posts
Embargo on property - 6 posts
No puedo publicar - 2 posts
electrical goods why so expensive? - 4 posts
Wanted second hand Freezer - 0 posts
Proxy votes at community meetings for absent owners - 9 posts
Please help me to my problem.. - 1 posts
Autonomo - 27 posts
For Sale - FC400 Cross Trainer Exercise Machine - 0 posts
LLoyds Bank Charges - 1 posts
Does anyone know how to stop calls from 912 868 399?? - 3 posts
wanted - shipping container - 3 posts
Moto X Bike - 1 posts
Electricity problems - 7 posts
Topping up mobiles - 8 posts
white goods - 0 posts
Electrical Goods - 0 posts
Sabanillas market - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x