Car Hire Recommendation Al Andalus Car Hire

Spain Airport Car Hire
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

A couple of months ago I was asking for car hire recommendations as I was getting totally fed up with the existing brokers and providers at Murcia airport. It was suggested by an EOS member that I try Al Andalus www.alandaluscarhire.com which was a fairly new company whose cars are delivered to the airport. I decided to try them out, and can honestly say how impressed I was with the whole service. All driving licence, passport details etc were provided to the company prior to the hire, the contract was then emailed to me, so no paperwork at all to complete on arrival at the airport. I gave my name to the rep at arrivals, he simply handed me the keys and showed me the car, then off we were. Two minute job. What a refreshing change! There was no charge for any additional drivers, we had four on this occasion, and the fuel was on a full/full basis which was needed for a short trip of just four days. I even had to make a change to add a driver on the day before the trip which was dealt with very quickly. I am more than happy to recommend this company and I will certainly be using them myself again.

I have absolutely no connection whatsoever with this company. Credit where credit's due!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 10:49 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Carol & Richard

Many thanks for the great feedback that you have given us.

I am pleased that everything went smoothly with the pick up of the car. We use the ever reliable Plane Parking to provide that service & all our clients are very impressed with them. The Full/Full Fuel option is also very popular, even with those clients who come out for longer trips as they know they are only paying for what they use.

We look forward to hearing from you for your future trips & please bear in mind that we cover arrivals into Almeria as well.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to post your experience on EOS.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 10:58 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

We have also used this company quite a few times now and totally agree with Carol and Richards post about their service.  They  also service Almeria airport and are starting to service Alicante  on a small scale from October.

They have very competitive prices and because they are a small local firm they are lovely to deal with.

We are using them again in Oct and  have no hesitation in recommending them.

Tricia and Anto

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 6:49 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Hi Tricia & Anto

Many thanks for your kind comments.

We value all our clients but our repeat bookers tell us that we are doing something right.

Enjoy your trip in October.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2010 7:20 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Always a pleasure dealing with you Noreen. You provide a service second to none, and very accommodationing. Thanks again for all your help.

Tricia and Anto

Like 0      
04 Oct 2010 9:28 PM by gilly21 Star rating in leigh lancashire. 14 posts Send private message

gilly21´s avatar

Hi we have been using this company for almost 12 months now and  have had excellent service at all times. The full/full policy is a definite winner. The service they provide is always very professional and friendly. Would definitely recommend.

Gill and Tony

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 9:23 AM by Sun-seeker Star rating in Birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

NEVER use a company called Marbesol, or any third party company which uses them, because in addition to the T&C that you have agreed with the whichever company/website you have used, they force you to sign an extra T&C of their own, excluding a lot of things which you are covered on the insurance, which means potentially you could end up paying so much more should the worse happen. doddgy!!

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 1:19 PM by tomveron Star rating in Dublin. 92 posts Send private message

How do you make bookings and compare prices  with this company. the website doesnt seem to let you make bookings over the web.

Like 0      
05 Oct 2010 1:27 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

Hi Tom

You just go to the contact us link and complete your details. They will get back to you with a price. I also find it useful to do a comparison myself to sites like Do you spain and Carjet so I know what I should be looking at. Al Andalus will price match those sites if they can. I did get a four day hire that was slightly more expensive than others, but considering I was able to return the car full, this made up the difference as I would have had to return it empty (impossible) with all the others. And again, bear in mind no charge for extra drivers with Al Andalus.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
06 Oct 2010 5:08 PM by Flybynight Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

Flybynight´s avatar

Sounds well worth getting a quote from bearing in mind the problems sometimes the others cause us. Thank you Carol & Richard for suggesting it to members. 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2010 2:16 PM by Aled Star rating in Wales. 5 posts Send private message

I have used this company for a year too - they are fantastic - the cars are good, the service great and the prices amazing 

I can not recommend them highly enough

Aled

Like 0      
15 Nov 2010 9:08 PM by cooberpedy Star rating. 91 posts Send private message

cooberpedy´s avatar

Hi

I used Al Andalus Car Hire last week, for the first time; I can honestly say it was like a breath of fresh air, so easy and so reasonable. I had an almost new Corsa diesel for 8 days full full ( about £13 a day).  Paperwork all done before we arrived, so straignt out of arrivals, met the agent  keys handed over and we were on our way out of the airport within 10 minutes of collecting our suitcase. Just as easy on the return.  We will be using them again, and have already recommended them to our friends and family. Noreen is a star, always ready to answer queries.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2010 10:53 PM by DJ&EC Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We also used this company last week and found them excellent. We arrived at the airport and were on the road in five minutes after landing. We had no queing because we had all the paperwork done befor we arrived. When we came back with the car close to the airport. They droped off at the departures door in a matter of minutes. I would definitely recommend them.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 3:45 PM by DerekQ Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We hired our car for three weeks from this company for the first time this year (2011) collecting from Almeria airport. Excellent service, completely trouble and stress free. Nice people to deal with. I like their full tank-return it with full tank policy. They are not the cheapest hire company but you pays for what you get. And they don't try to sell you a load of extras (although the excess waiver insurance is not a bad idea) So long as they remain reasonably competitive I will be booking with them again, and would definitely recommend them. 

Like 0      
10 Aug 2011 3:57 PM by cooberpedy Star rating. 91 posts Send private message

cooberpedy´s avatar

We have used noreen for our car hire for over 12 months now, also recommended to family and friends - a universal thumbs up from everyone.  Great to know that there are still those who do what it says on the tin - straightforward car hire, pay for what you need; full/full fuel  - we have our own annual car hire waiver insurance Insurance4carhire  so pay just the basic costs to noreen.

Our daughter arrived at murcia in june- sweltering hot day, husband and three young children in tow - the car was outside the arrivals door, a/c running, seats fitted  and the guys who met them even loaded their cases in!!  they were in the apartment and in the pool half an hour after collecting their cases.

Just keep up the good work noreen.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2011 6:30 PM by juliek Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I cannot speak highly enough about Al Andalus Car Hire, they are so accomodating and will help you in way they possibly can.  What I have also found with them is the price they quote is the price that you pay, so when they advertise a car for 40 euros you pay 40 euros, not 40 euros plus fuel plus additonal drivers fee plus extra insurances etc etc.  What I found with Goldcar back in October (only used them because Al Andalus didnt have a big enough car at that time for my daughters wheelchair) was that the headline price was 57 euros which on collecting the vehicle added up to a grand total of 187 euros, not impressed!!!!! So my advice would be always go to Noreen at Al Andalus first and you can avoide all those very expensive add ons.

The other brilliant thing about them is that at both Almeria and Murcai airports you arrive, collect your bags, go through and a lovely man gives you your keys and away you go, no queueing, no hassle and then Dave will meet you in a day or two to sort out the finances, happy days.

Julie

Like 0      
18 Dec 2011 8:15 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Many thanks JulieK for your kind comments about Al Andalus Car Hire.

I would just like to clarify a couple of points in order to avoid confusion.

Al Andalus Car Hire currently operates out of Almeria, Murcia & Alicante Airports.

With regard to payment for the hire, Julie is quite right that if clients are based in the Vera Playa, Mojacar, Los Gallardos areas then Dave will collect payment from you locally, usually within 24 hours of arrival. However, our customer base has expanded dramatically (mainly thanks to EoS) & we now have many clients who arrive into Murcia or Alicante who are based anywhere from Condado to Torrevieja, so for these clients, the payment arrangements are that they pay the agents who meet them with the car.

Finally, I would like to wish all our clients, many of whom use EoS, a very Happy Christmas & a Peaceful & Prosperous New Year.

Regards

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Dec 2011 10:11 PM by ewhiteman Star rating in West Yorkshire and I.... 34 posts Send private message

I too would like to say how fantastic Noreen and Al Andalus are.

We have been using them for over a year, after reading the recommendation on here, and wouldn't use anyone else.

See you in April!!

Emma

Like 0      
24 Dec 2011 9:58 PM by Sparky Star rating in Somerset and Vera. 127 posts Send private message

Hi to all,  We have been using Al Andalus car hire regularly for some time now - Brilliant.  Can't fault the service in any way. Noreen and Dave are so helpful.  In fact I wish I was in Spain and using their service right now.  Tomorrow though I will be so happy amongst my family here.  Can't have it both ways.  I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas day and a great 2012. xx  Chris.

Like 0      
03 Jan 2012 9:18 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

We have been using Al Andalus car hire  for the last couple of years. They are a great company to deal with, competative prices with none of the hidden extras you get with the other car hire companies.

An added bonous is there is no queing on arrival, the rep is there to meet you, no need for form filling as all previously done, your passport is checked and the car is there ready to drive, done and on your way in less than ten mins. Great cars too.

Regards

Tricia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

PAINT SHOP WITH GOOD SELECTION - 6 posts
Certified Copies of Original Documents for use in South Africa - 1 posts
UK Passport application - 6 posts
ryder cup weekend - 1 posts
BT in Spain! - 11 posts
Entertainer & professional Male Singer - 0 posts
Judge criticizes Polaris contracts - 2 posts
UK Resident - 4 posts
Jet Ski - 5 posts
Space - 0 posts
Van, Bike , Truck , Bouncy Castles , Rapid7 Air Rifle MK1 - 1 posts
Boxer Pups for sale - 0 posts
Family Book - 4 posts
Storage room wanted in Sabinillas Area - 0 posts
Introduction - 3 posts
Community Vs Mancomunidad - 2 posts
Authorities say I 'underdeclared' 3600Euros! - 11 posts
Denuncia - 1 posts
Telefonica/Movistar BILLS - 2 posts
Can I pay the IBI online - 3 posts
Advice on REMOVAL OF STAIN on AWNING - 4 posts
Plumber around Los Barrios - 1 posts
Theft from luggage at Alicante airport - 4 posts
We love our apartment on Terraces! - 3 posts
Hi.. Can anyone help? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x