IVA? When and how often is it payable?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2007 12:00 AM by Ultraclean Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Hi

Does anyone know if IVA is a once only payment?

I see that when my property is finished we have to pay IVA (at 7%?).

If we pay this and then later sell, does any buyer have to pay a similar tax?

Thanks,

Stewart

Like 0      
02 May 2007 12:58 PM by Glyn the Lawyer Star rating in Jávea / Xabia, Benij.... 19 posts Send private message

IVA is payable on all new properties whilst on re-sale properties transfer tax is payable on the declared value at 7%. Unless agreed otherwise the buyer pays these taxes. However, when you do come to sell you should consider that these costs can be used to reduce any CGT liability that may arise.

Like 0      
02 May 2007 4:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Just like to say, it's great to have another lawyer on here Glyn!

I have met you elsewhere, another forum................

We are so lucky on EOS to have professionals like yourself and Maria who are willing to give free advice.

Kind regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:10 PM by Ultraclean Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

More questions about IVA?

Can anyone help? I have paid 7% IVA on my 30% deposit on a property in Peraleja. Now I want to sell it, I am being quoted sales commission + 16% IVA.

Are there different IVA's? Or am i being hoodwinked. If anyone could explain these to me it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:13 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I believe there are different rates of IVA.

We paid 7% on our property deposit but 16% on our solicitors fees.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
That's quite correct, IVA is levied at either 7 or 16%, depending on the product/service. For example when you buy foodstuffs at a supermarket, the IVA is 7%, but if you buy booze at the same time that carries 16% (I think I've got that right!) New property is taxed at 7% - unless it's commercial property or a garage for example, in which case it's 16%. Estate agents fees will be 16%. Somewhere there must be an explanation of this or a list of what tax applies to what circumstances, but I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to start looking.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:53 PM by Ultraclean Star rating. 40 posts Send private message

Another one!

If I sell my property before completion. Does the buyer pay me back the IVA that I have already  paid?

Stewart

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 4:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Should do, but I suppose it will depend on the specific agreement you reach. If for example you are "selling" it on at the same net price you paid (I hope not!), then naturally you will want to recoup the IVA already paid on the installments made to the promoter. Equally, if your "mark up" isn't sufficient to recoup the IVA you have paid and still make a profit, you will want the buyer to pay the IVA back to you. Personally I would expect the buyer to pay it, but there are many members here with their own experiences (both buying and selling) and it would be interesting to know what others think.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 4:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Further to my previous post about the different types of IVA, due to a complete lack of anything else more important to do this afternoon, I can now tell you that there is a third category of products which carry only 4% IVA, those which are considered essentials, such as: bread, milk, cheese, eggs, fruit & veg, books, newspapers, human medication, wheel chairs, prosthetics and VPO housing (subsidised, like council housing)

In the 7% category you will find: food not included in the previous category,entrance to theatres, circuses, cinemas, concerts etc., funeral services, hairdressers, dentists, new homes & garages (up to 2 per household!)

In the 16% category are: electrical goods, clothes, shoes, household goods, tobacco, alcoholic beverages and just about everything else!

I hope this is enlightening! I'm now off to see if i can find myself a Googlewhack. (Google it if you don't know what it is!)

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

THE GAS MAN CON - 4 posts
Completed - 3 posts
Duquesa Golf Course - 4 posts
La Marina - 2 posts
Legal Status Of Property. - 5 posts
CORDOBA VALLEY - 7 posts
Spanish health care system: Could someone sit down and spell it out clearly for me please? - 6 posts
NIE in Guadamar - 8 posts
Holiday today - 10 posts
Waving from Lanzarote - 32 posts
Spanish Lottery - 8 posts
MUZZY LEVEL 1 - 1 posts
Delay in releasing Block 9 - Plus New Build Opposite Block 9! - 13 posts
Anyone in the UK with kids ? - 18 posts
Justin, here please. Need info. - 43 posts
BAR WARS!! - 2 posts
fiscal representive. - 1 posts
6 months to 3 months for non-residents - 7 posts
Beach Thieves! - Be aware! - 29 posts
anybody purchased through masa - 10 posts
buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x