DOGS & BEACHES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Are dogs allowed on the beach? I´m asking with ref to beaches on CDS.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 4:05 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

On most beaches NO in the summer.  On beaches such as the smaller ones where there are no lifeguards or signs then I'm not sure what the law is with those.

Most beaches do have a "No Dogs" sign and I think most people do obey them.  Also, I think they only apply in the summer, although not having a dog I'm not 100% sure.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 11:16 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Thanks Justin!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 10:56 PM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

not sure wher CDS is.... but near us in cabo roig...yes...there is even free poop bags :)

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 11:48 PM by steve and anita Star rating in in San Cayetano. 324 posts Send private message

steve and anita´s avatar

CDS   Costa Del Sol I presume.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 11:57 PM by silverbirch35 Star rating in uk. 46 posts Send private message

thanx :)

Like 0      
08 Sep 2010 12:21 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

No dogs are allowed on the beaches in costa del sol area at any time of the year big fines is caught i checked this out with the town hall last year Irene

Like 0      
08 Sep 2010 8:30 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Dogs are allowed on the beach in Sabinillas (Manilva, CDS) during the winter months - there are signs which state no dogs allowed during the summer months (I think April to October).  Many owners take their dogs on the beach during the winter months here with no problem.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2010 10:44 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

You need to be very careful here as the rule is differnt for Spanish and ex-pat and the Spanish guy will talk his way out of it but they will fine you!

Also I heard someone was fined twice for 2 dogs and then further fined for not having 'dangerous' dogs on lead - I think about EUR600 in total.

It really just depends on the mood there are in on the day .....

But otherwise do as the Spanish do and if you go to some out of the way beach and the Spanish have their dogs then you should be ok also?

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 7:03 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

I asked this question because I've seen the notices on some parts of the beach and perfectly understand the reason for this but........on my latest visit during the last week of August first week of September I saw quite a few dogs with both English and Spanish owners walking on the beach.

On Cabupino beach there was a large Alsatian with it's own umbrella almost everyday with a Spanish lady! On Rosario beach a little further along there seemed to be a quite a few dogs on a daily basis.

I'm hoping to take my dog with me next year for a three week holiday in June, and would love to take him on the beach either very early in the morning or later on in the day for a walk and a swim!

It's a bit like the rules of our community pool - no large inflatables in the big pool, no loud music, no lone children under 14 - all broken under the nose of a lifeguard who does NOTHING about it! One guess what would happen if I added my dog to the mix!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help please - Notice headed ´Cédula´received from local court. - 1 posts
LOW LOADER TRANSPORT REQ - 3 posts
Housesitting/Housekeeping/Pet sitting - 0 posts
Enjoying the food in Spain - 23 posts
i want to relist my property on EOS but.... - 4 posts
insulation and builders merchants? - 0 posts
Non Resident Tax Return - 43 posts
My town not shown on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Is that about Bank´s liability a JOKE? - 3 posts
ZANUSSI SINGLE DOOR FRIDGE PURCHASED 1998 - 0 posts
Reputable car dealer near Vera / Mojacar - 5 posts
Valor Catastral & La Renta - 6 posts
OPEN SIGN UPS TO THE BOX - 5 posts
80% Mortgage possible ? - 11 posts
An Orihuela Townhall Scandal - 26 posts
ACCOMODATION IN FRANCE? - 7 posts
Arborculturalist advice wanted in the Gandia area - 0 posts
Spanish retirement pension - 24 posts
Car Hire - 3 posts
Golden Products Nutriance Aloe Vera Gel - 0 posts
Endesa Office, San Pedro De Alcantara, Marbella, Spain - 2 posts
Iberbanda dial out problem - 0 posts
solar power?? - 2 posts
We had a fantastic time in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
El Gringo, El Grosso - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x