Valor Catastral & La Renta

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

We have just received and paid our IBI, and have noticed that our Valor Catastral has increased to nearly three times the value we had on purchasing the property in 2007.

I haven't yet mastered the online payment of La Renta (easily find the instructions etc but can't actually find the links to register lol) so am hoping to submit this (for year end 2009) to the office when we come to Spain in October. 

Can anyone advise if the calculation has changed this year for the Renta, or if it is still 1.1% of the VC plus the 24%? 

Also, does anyone know how much we could expect the VC to rise to next year or in future years as this is quite an increase and we are concerned it may become too much for us to pay in future years.

Many thanks

Kaz

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 5:11 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

Hi Kaz

I have read an article on this web site about Spain's dead man walking economy and what I got from it was that Spain is in BIG trouble. The up the crocodile infested creek without a paddle in a sinking canoe type trouble.

Our VC has doubled from 2008 to 2009 and we are expecting/ bracing ourselves for it to double again 2009/ 2010. I say this because of what I have read. Also becuase the Vera Playa area is undergoing allot of infrastructure development  and in order to sustain it they need to increase taxes on the residents / property owners because we don't think the money will be coming from anywhere else. 

The development on the other hand could just come to a complete standstill.

My wife and I shall plan for the worse but hope for the best, we think Spain is worth it.

Regards

Neil

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 5:26 PM by nuflow7 Star rating in Solihull/Vera Playa. 139 posts Send private message

Thanks Neil

I agree, it is still worth it but just needed to make sure as previous years it seemed so cheap.  Especially compared to the bills we currently pay in the UK!

I want to pay it when we are next out in October, so need to find out if the calculation of the 1.1% is still the same - I'm assuming it is but need to check.

Kaz

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 6:35 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Still 1.1% as you have obviously been revalued since 1994.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 8:15 PM by neatrees Star rating in Vera Playa. 64 posts Send private message

We have not heard or read anything to contra, we will work on 1.1%. 

We shall also be out in October to pay our tax, we already have the labels and forms etc from last year so we will not be using any lawyer to fill it out.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2010 9:46 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

When completing form 210 - I have a VC for apartment and a seperate VC for parking space/store room. Do I work out the taxes on just the apartment Vc or the combined figure ? Also do you have to send away the envelope that the tax forms come in to anywhere ?

Helen

Like 0      
08 Oct 2010 11:19 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Work on the combined figure of apt and parking space. We handed ours in at our bank last year when we paid and they sent it off (hopefully!)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

OPEN SIGN UPS TO THE BOX - 5 posts
80% Mortgage possible ? - 11 posts
An Orihuela Townhall Scandal - 26 posts
ACCOMODATION IN FRANCE? - 7 posts
Arborculturalist advice wanted in the Gandia area - 0 posts
Spanish retirement pension - 24 posts
Car Hire - 3 posts
Golden Products Nutriance Aloe Vera Gel - 0 posts
Endesa Office, San Pedro De Alcantara, Marbella, Spain - 2 posts
Iberbanda dial out problem - 0 posts
solar power?? - 2 posts
We had a fantastic time in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
El Gringo, El Grosso - 5 posts
for sale - wedding dress - 0 posts
for sale - van space - 1 posts
Incorrect property and SUMA - 2 posts
Agricultural Water for dogs to drink - 2 posts
Speeding fine - how do I pay?? - 9 posts
Just moved to Spain - 8 posts
cert of first occupation - 5 posts
To Learn A Language,Teach it! - 1 posts
CHANGE - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Maintenance - 9 posts
Problem Neighbours - 8 posts
Im looking for a villa to rent - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x