Trying to avoid excess baggage

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by liamcooper Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

I´m flying out to Málaga in a couple of weeks time but I´m going for a while and I don´t think I´ll be able to stick to the 20kg weight limit for bags!

My friend told me that whenever she flies abroad she gets her bags sent with a courier company.  She recommended on called IMX as they´re really efficient and cheap.  I´m just wondering if anybody else has heard of this company or used them before. 

Thanks,

Liam

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 10:23 AM by tcairney Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Liam,

I have the same idea as your friend.  I´ve got an apartment in San Pedro and whenever I fly out there I need to take a lot of baggage because I´m still furnishing the house.  And I always use IMX... they not only help me to beat excess baggage but I´ve also had them send quite heavy and large pieces of furniture.  Although I was a bit nervous that my coffee table would arrive without any of its legs there was no damage at all.  It even arrived before I got there!

So I´d definitely give IMX a try.  If you want to speak English to them ring (+34) 902 19 38 93.  O si quieres practicar hablar en español llama (+34) 902 00 63 97.

¡Yo sugiero que uses esta empresa!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 10:30 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Simply because you use an under-hand way of trying to advertise, I would avoid using you (IMX) at any cost!  

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 10:40 AM by liamcooper Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Who´s trying to advertise?!

I´ve never used IMX before and I want to make sure that I get a good service with whichever company I use. 

And Liam´s clearly used them and is doing me a favour by recommending them.  I´m just looking for advice.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 10:44 AM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

That's funny - because on a thread titled "sending furniture to calpe" you said you used IMX all of the time!

Click on your name - you previous threads come up! Doh!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 11:30 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Normally I delete threads which are so obviously advertising.  But I may use this one in future as to how NOT to spam a forum.

liamcooper, tcairney and another user I can't remember now all share the same IP address so you are obviously the same person!

Secondly, liamcooper, you are obviously a liar when you say that "you have never used IMX"...well that may be true but seeing as your email address on our system starts with "imx........." then I gather you at least work for them.

Also in your last post you refer to "Liam"...seems you were signed in as the wrong user this time seeing as you are referring to yourselft.

Come on guys, don't insult our intelligence.  This sort of forum spamming doesn't help your company or our site.

If you really wanted to promote your company we have many advertising options.  Lieing to people is NOT the way to generate business, it's not exactly starting you off on the right foot is it?

Hands up who's going to use IMX now??

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 11:45 AM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Lizzie,I think you're right, the first two posts read like one of those bad old American radio commercials.

" Say Vern-diddya find a friendly and reliable courier company to ship that balsa wood replica of the Venus de Milo t'ya sister Bessie in Brokebutt Texas?"

"Sure did Bubba--XYZ company on toll free 883388899 made the drop--heck, they were so friendly and reliable-and cheap too, that I just might use 'em agin to ship the arms down to ol' Bessie  soon as I get through wittlin' em!  Now where did I put that darn toll free number for XYZ company?  Oh here it is -883388899 toll free for the XYZ company"

" Thanks Vern,I'm gonna give 'em a call on toll free 883388899 next time I need to ship with a friendly and reliable company that ain't gonna kick the cr*p  outta my boxes!"

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 12:05 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

crostrad-Do you have XYZ's number in Mexico, and if so do they speak English?

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 12:20 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

That was brilliant crostrad!  Loved that last line.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 12:40 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Thanks Justin--there's not much else to do in Lincolnshire on a cold and wet thursday morning (to tell the truth -I should be doing my late Tax return)

Redsam, last I heard-the XYZ company were reduced to working out of a 'phone booth on the corner of Highway 138 in Tepoztlan.

If you can get the number from the Extranjeros Misdirection Dept.  just give it a ring and ask whoever answers" Donde es Pancho -trabajo XYZ??"   Make a lot of arm waving gestures-difficult down the 'phone I know-but make an effort here-and someone should be able to hook you up.

May I ask what it is that you need to ship ?   XYZ in Tepoztlan did use to specialize in moving copper hatchets-but may have moved on as the market changed in later years when the demise of  trees in the local area led to a fall in demand .

Hope this helps, and It's not true that I get a kick back from them every time that I mention the XYZ company. I'm under contract with ACME company.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2010 3:52 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Class - you couldn't make it up!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term renting - questions from a prospective tenant - 3 posts
Does anyone know any good, not too pricey, restaurants in Seville or Cordoba? - 0 posts
Buying and selling properties made EASY - 6 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 2 posts
polarisworld/la terrazas.legal action. - 12 posts
carrfours mobile/internet - 3 posts
Childrens Eye Tests - 1 posts
Moving to Torrevieja for Sept/Oct....:) - 4 posts
Reclam - 6 posts
Wanted - Hotel in Marbella - 15 posts
Can anyone recommend a fantastic restaurant in Barcelona - 11 posts
29th SEPTEMBER - GENERAL STRIKE? - 13 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 1 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 0 posts
Does any one knows someone who is squatting his own property? - 2 posts
Murcia - Bristol, Easy Jet - 13 posts
buying spanish car and selling uk car in Nueva Andalucua - 1 posts
FOR SALE. MOBILE AIR CONDITIONER - 3 posts
Section 75 Consumer Credit Act - 0 posts
Paul and Chris Birkett from Los Alcazares - 5 posts
Advice please, petlovers? - 2 posts
Ask Cloud Refunds - 2 posts
insuring a car on British plates in spain - 3 posts
AGM called contrary to the statutes, advice please - 1 posts
Insurance Claim - Damaged Tiled Floor - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x