RYANAIR WINTER FLIGHTS TO MURCIA

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by davidg Star rating. 247 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if Ryanair will still be operating flights to Murcia this winter?

I know they usually cut down to about 3 days a week, but can't find any flights loaded at all & keep getting cut of their 10p a minute telephone line (won't use the £1 a minute line !!!)

We could fly from East Midlands, Birmingham or London Luton.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 8:19 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

here was a thread about this last week sometime. Ryanair have been having a "ding dong" with the Murcia regional government over over subsidies paid to Air Nostrum. As a result, they have pulled most of the Murcia flights over the winter except from Stansted I believe. A link to the report is here.

Mark

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 9:38 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

Ryanair are also keeping Dublin too even do they maintain Stansted and Dublin are their 2 most expensive airports they fly into!!!! 

Like 0      
27 Aug 2010 11:54 PM by Powis Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

this is true! Ryanair have cancelled 76 flights a week this winter...

You can only fly to Dublin ( twice a week) and Stansted (3 times a week).

On top of easyJet cancelling the Murcia - Bristol route as of the 1st November! 

All Ryanair destinations should return to Murcia in summer 2011, except Bournemouth which will not return! 

I think that BMI Baby will continue to fly to Birmingham from Murcia this winter, the only remaining flights to Murcia for winter 2010 are:

BMIBaby : Birmingham and Cardiff

EasyJet : Gatwick and Newcastle

Jet 2 : Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle

Ryanair : Stansted and Dublin

Like 0      
28 Aug 2010 8:57 AM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

Stansted is your only option from the UK 3 times a week in the winter or Dublin twice weekly from Ireland

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 11:04 AM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

It's already started and it's hardly winter! Not a single Ryanair flight last weekend.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 5:44 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It can't have started as I have flights to Murcia with Ryanair this time next month.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 6:51 PM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

It has started as there were no flights over the weekend, only 2 today, and I think we are now getting down to 6 flights per week, from 82.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2010 6:55 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Ryanair are still flying in, however, a lot of flights have been cancelled today and tomorrow due to a general strike in France which affects the Air Traffic Contollers. (When does a strike not affect them?)

My daughter should have been flying out from EMA tomorrow eveing but this flight has ben cancelled and she has had to re-book for later in the week.

If you look on the Ryanair website there is a list of the considerable number of flights they have cancelled.

Dave 

This message was last edited by Hallam on 06/09/2010.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2010 9:32 PM by Powis Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

It hasnt started yet! All Ryanair routes remain operating the same as summer up until around the 30th October! After that it is down to 5 a week ( 3xLSN) (2xDUB)

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 12:04 AM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

I'm upset that Ryanair aren't going to be returning to Murcia in the spring.  We live in Poole so Bournemouth airport was good.  Don't fancy going to London and now I really don't want to fly with ryanair again.  £5 each way just to use a card to pay the bill when we do all the work - yeah that's how he keeps his fares low.   We drove this summer from Le Havre to Murcia and with the ferry and hotels there and back and fuel, it was still cheaper than hiring a car and flying!  And we took the dog!  And avoiding the toll roads and driving back through the Loire Valley was amazing. Next year we're going from Plymouth to Santander and driving across.  Do you know what - I can't wait.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but maybe - just maybe - ryanair are very close to losing the plot.  Every flight I've been on from Bournemouth to Murcia has been virtually or completely full so he's only cutting his nose off to spite his face just so he can say he's the cheapest.  GET A LIFE RYANAIR.

This message was last edited by spotshouse on 10/09/2010.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 10:03 AM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

Fully agree with Spothouse, we too are very upset with Ryanair pulling out of Alicante ,Murcia, and Bournemouth during the winter months. We live here in Spain and the low prices mean we were able to fly back to the UK more regular even with all the charges it still worked out far cheaper for us to fly with them than Flybe/Southampton or having to go all the way to London, its about time Wally Willie remembered who exactly have helped them to become on of the top profit making budget airlines.  The way he is going on with all of his sillystupid and sometimes dangerous publicity stunts he wont have to worry about cost cutting, he wont have any passengers or airline left to worry about.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2010 11:51 AM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

Quite right Kabri.  Once people make alternative arrangements to fly from elsewhere maybe they won't bother changing back if he does use that route again.  Where will his profit be then!  We're lucky cause I have a relative living just a few miles from Cardiff airport and I can avoid car park charges and late/early flights etc won't be a problem.  Obviously as Murcia airport is only a 10 minute drive from our house in Spain it was convenient but people sometimes have to drive for a couple of hours to get to where they're going.  We've been spoilt.

Alternative arrangements definitely underway.  TAKE NOTE RYANAIR YOU ARE NOT THINKING ABOUT YOUR PUBLICITY IN RESPECT OF THIS.  PLUS IF YOU'RE HAGGLING WITH AIRPORTS YOU MAY JUST COME UNSTUCK AND SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT JUST WHIP IN AND TAKE YOUR PLACE.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 2:51 PM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

Am i reading right that murcia are pulling out of bournemouth for the summer season altogether for 2011?

Like 0      
11 Sep 2010 7:06 PM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

Last time I looked the flights announced for the spring do not include Bournemouth to Murcia.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2010 6:14 PM by kabri Star rating in Squatting in the Cos.... 45 posts Send private message

No they are only going to do Bournemouth to Alicante starting from 1st Feb to end of March not sure about the Summer 2011 months yet.

Like 0      
01 Oct 2010 11:26 AM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

Found out some info on this subject and I'm afraid I agree with Ryanair for once! 

Apparently the problem lies with the tourism minister of Murcia who doesn't want the brits there because we don't spend any money, and she is apparently not a nice lady!  She wants the spanish there on holiday.  The tourism dept has given a 3m€ payment to a spanish airline to fly from Madrid and bring spanish holiday makers from there.  I believe that what Ryanair are complaining of is why weren't they given anything. 

On Wednesday my husband and I went out for a meal in Alcarezes (wrong spelling!) and the first 13 people in that restaurant were Brits! And they were having full meals with wine etc. Go figure. 

There are a lot of Brits etc living in that area, paying taxes, shopping in supermarkets and using banks and everything else associated with day to day living.  Without us the non holiday economy would die and businesses wouldn't be able to survive with just the summer inflow.

What amazes me is that if they were here in this country they wouldn't get treated the way they treat foreigners in theirs.  Personally I think that sometimes we're treated just one step up from the illegals there.  Well we now wait and see what happens and if we have to fly into Alicante - well it's only 50minutes away.  Some people have to drive a lot further than that to get where they're going.

Like 0      
03 Oct 2010 7:12 PM by bacardi Star rating in Bournemouth. 43 posts Send private message

Thanks for your info!

Like 0      
10 Oct 2010 12:56 PM by Gareth Griffith Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Gareth Griffith´s avatar

We live within 15 minutes drive of Doncaster airport in the UK and 20 minutes drive of Murcia airport in Spain. However, not one airline flies from Doncaster into Murcia, they all fly into Alicante (which is a 45 minute drive  to our apartment). 

Consider yourself lucky that you get some flights to Murcia.

This message was last edited by Gareth Griffith on 10/10/2010.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2010 7:13 PM by spotshouse Star rating in Poole, Dorset/Balsic.... 52 posts Send private message

If we can't fly fom Bournemouth we either have to go to London (2 hours) or Bristol (nearly 2 hours) then an hours drive from Alicante! So we are not lucky.  And if we fly from Southampton it's still an hour either side plus Flybe is more exepnsive.

I found out some more info but can't find the web page where it was so will hunt it up and post it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

QUOTES PLEASE FOR CUPBOARD UNDER STAIRS INSIDE JARDINES APARTMENT - 3 posts
hello - 1 posts
Non-Payers on Community - What are the Options - 8 posts
Ryan Air Rip-Off - 54 posts
punta prima - 4 posts
cam bank charge pentioners 13,000euro intrest for morgage late payment - 3 posts
Are Lilos Illegal In Spain - 21 posts
looking to buy - 2 posts
FREE tour in Spain - 0 posts
Lost the use of remote on sky digi box - 2 posts
the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts
estae agent? - 6 posts
Need information and advise - 3 posts
A weeks holiday, but destination needed - 3 posts
4 Car Tyres including fitting from only €99 - 0 posts
Kayak or canoe wanted. - 0 posts
Quad bike wanted - 0 posts
Sky + Box or similar - 1 posts
WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x