Ryan Air Rip-Off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I've recently spoken to a few people who seem to have had problems when booking flights with Ryan Air and it looks like there is a pattern.  Apparently, when booking flights, mistakes have been made e.g. instead of booking the flight in the name of Mr Smith they are entering Dr Smith.  When this is noticed by the customer he is then charged £100 by Ryan Air to change it.  Other mistakes include bookings on the wrong date and spelling maistakes on names.  Every change costs the customer £100. It would seem this "LOW-COST" airline is boosting its profits by devious means and these mistakes are being made on purpose.  Has anyone else had any problems like this?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 4:12 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Not another.......I hate Ryanair posting!!

If YOU make a mistake when you book a flight, then you have to pay to alter it!!

Other airlines do the same.......so what is all the fuss about?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 4:24 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

What justifies £100 charge to change something?  And if you read the post PROPERLY you would see that it's not the customers mistake it's by the airline and the frequency of it suggests more than an occasional error!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 4:59 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

When you book a flight YOU enter ALL the details and then YOU check them don't you?

How can the airline make the mistakes?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 5:11 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Not everybody books on-line and things can be altered you know.  You're very defensive, do you work for them?  Any comments from nice people?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 5:42 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Not had any problems with Ryanair personally, orda. But I don't view your thread as being another ''I hate Ryanair posting'' nor do I see you making a fuss about it. I thought you made your point quite clear and concise without any hint of hate or fuss, but unfortunately there are those who just don't read the posts properly and can't wait to get their tuppenceworth in.

** EDITED - Please respect terms of posting **

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 31/07/2010.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 5:49 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I do not work for Ryanair.

orda and redsam79 you are both very rude.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 6:04 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

But at least it is clear what I meant.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 6:54 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

You can ONLY book online with Ryanair so it is down to you to check all details. As their flights are usually cheap probably cheaper to rebook and lose the first booking

I admit it is a minefield to book online but when you get flights for £40 return or less and obey their "rules" - simples as the meerkats say!

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 9:42 PM by neutral Star rating in Dublin/Benalmadena C.... 172 posts Send private message

I changed the spelling on a group booking with Ryanair from Gerald to Gerard no fee involved. 

Like 0      
31 Jul 2010 11:29 PM by Riddler Star rating in London. 58 posts Send private message

My sister made an error booking a flight in January and immediately phoned Ryanair, expecting an argument over the £100.

They made the correction and didn't ask for a penny!

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 12:54 AM by Hamibabe Star rating in West Mids. 1317 posts Send private message

We have used Ryan Air to fly in from B`ham to Murcia after finding out they were by far the cheapest.

It can be a bit daunting the first time , if you have never made flight bookings over the net before.

@ 63 my brain isnt as sharp as it used to be but taking things slowly & reading  every thing twice, just to make sure there ae no mistakes. i  have never had a problem. We fly over at least three times a year & have done so now for the past 3 years. With prices as low as Ryan Air offers we have no complaints

Jan

West Mids & Jardin 5

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 1:16 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Verdict in then for Ryan Air!!!!!  looks like they  win. Have never flown with them but I know a lot of people that have and they all seem quite happy especially with their prices.

But when you book online if you make a mistake you can always go back and change it, just make sure you check it as you go along, I know of pensioner's in their 70's that have never really used a computer but manage to book flight's on line.

Good Luck Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 01/08/2010.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 2:57 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

nice positive postings! 

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 4:59 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

We fly with them maybe 10 times a year. Can't beat them for price or punctuality.

It's annoying to see them push up the prices in the School holidays, but I guess that's basic supply and demand, thankfully we can mostly avoid the school holidays.

My biggest gripe is still the £5 per head per flight levy for using a credit/debit card...wish they would just add that on up front and be done with it

But bottom line for me is that they are streets ahead of the competition when it comes to price, even with the aforementioned levy, and must have saved us hundreds if not thousands over the last 3 years since we have been coming to Spain regularly.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 8:54 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Get yourself a pre-paid Mastercard, only £10 to buy then just put enough in the account to pay for your tickets and save yourself some money - you might even be able to afford to take a suitcase every now and then

I have an Escape card from Phones4u. Easy to top-up online with no extra charges after the initial cost.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 9:36 PM by TheQuietMan Star rating in UK and very occasion.... 535 posts Send private message

Haven't ever had real problems with them- it is what it is. It's not BA and doeant have individual calls for groups of seats but you know that.

I dont understand why they dont attach a seat number to their speedy boarding. It would make little difference but would do away with the boarding stress. They could even designate a group of seats for the speedy boarders.

By the by- I booked and realised I spelt my partners name incorrectly and a phone call later it was sorted at no cost. The biggest problem was finding their phone number. But, not as bad as they are painted!!

Tony.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2010 10:39 PM by Riddler Star rating in London. 58 posts Send private message

I use FairFX from fairfx.com and they provide pre-paid Mastercards which you can load in Euros or Sterling. It doesn't cost to load or spend the money in Euros. The rates are very competitive.

Like 0      
02 Aug 2010 11:49 AM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

FairFX are ok for UK citizens but I haven't found anywhere in Spain that issues a Mastercard Pre pay. I tried a virtual Mastercard but it didn't work

Like 0      
02 Aug 2010 11:53 AM by Benicarlo Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

It's not just Ryanair. I made a small mistake for National Express coaches.  I am over 6 my wife is not so we had to make separate bookings on mine I made a small mistake and as a result the return journey from Dover to London we are travelling on different coaches. I phoned the UK and was told It would have cost more than the ticket cost to change the tickets. So rather than be ripped off we are travelling separately, with arrival times, hopefully, exactly the same.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

punta prima - 4 posts
cam bank charge pentioners 13,000euro intrest for morgage late payment - 3 posts
Are Lilos Illegal In Spain - 21 posts
looking to buy - 2 posts
FREE tour in Spain - 0 posts
Lost the use of remote on sky digi box - 2 posts
the cam bank - 6 posts
Thread Title not displayed - 2 posts
estae agent? - 6 posts
Need information and advise - 3 posts
A weeks holiday, but destination needed - 3 posts
4 Car Tyres including fitting from only €99 - 0 posts
Kayak or canoe wanted. - 0 posts
Quad bike wanted - 0 posts
Sky + Box or similar - 1 posts
WANTED, car or van, also m,cycle, any size - 0 posts
WANTED;fairprice paid will travel upto 300 miles to collect?lcd flatscreen, 32.37 or 40 inch, also sky digi box or similar - 0 posts
part removals uk to spain - 5 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 2 posts
Golf Buggy Wanted - 4 posts
ADDRESS for smd - 1 posts
"Taster" Music Lessons - 0 posts
CAMINO DE CASTILLA (WHITE WINE) - 0 posts
COCKROACHES-PLEASE, PLEASE HELP! - 21 posts
HELP!! - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 55

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x