Beach Thieves! - Be aware!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

My Daughter, husband and Granchild are currently in our apartment, Playa Flamenca, Costa Blanca.

On the beach this morning, at Punta Prima, a couple, they think were Dutch, were robbed.

They had , wait for it................... their passports, keys to their rental with access code to the alarm system, credit cards & money.

they went for a swim, silly peeps, and came back and ALL their stuff had gone.

My Daughter was but 2 foot away from their belongings, but saw NOTHING!

Incredible as she is SO looking out fro her child ALL the time.

Someone crept up and had the lot!

So, please, please be aware!

DONT take all your worldly goods to the beach, that are safer at home or your rental!

Just take what you need for the day, 20/30 Euros................NO PASSPORTS

Just feel sorry for those peeps, but they will never do it again will they?

BE WARNED!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:38 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi Fibby

Saw the same thing happen on Alicante beach 5 years ago. I was 6mths pregnant so i wasnt gonna chase the kids but they just walked up grabbed some ladies bag and legged it.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:40 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

It's amazing how many people leave things on the beach.  Of course, they take every precaution with their stuff.  "I know", they say, "let's hide everything in the toe of our shoe.  No self-respecting thief would ever think of looking there!"  I even saw one couple just leave everything on their chairs, handbags, shorts with wallet etc. and a really expensive looking camera (which they "hid" under a towel)  while they went in for a swim.  They probably thought they could keep on eye on everything.  Next thing I see, they are about 500 yards out and as many off to the right.  Even if they could see something from there it would have been a bit difficult to get out in time.  This happens at waterparks as well as the beaches.  I'm glad to see some of the beaches are installing security lockers now and I always use one at the waterparks. 

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:01 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:16 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi tinasolera

My Kelly is also 26 weeks pregant.

I am sure she would have at least shouted, but she saw nothing!

Sneaky thieves!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:30 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 6:41 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

My Daughter and hubby saw NOTHING!

They don't creep out from burrows in the sand, they are "sneak thieves".

JeanSis, it seems like you think this is a joke robbery, it wasn't!

Of course they didn't ask to take those peoples things...........................

They just DID, plain and simple!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:24 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi all,

Unfortunately this has always happened since I was a child. I always remember my Dad buying the little tubes to put around his neck to keep the pesatas safe while we went on our pedalo. Nothing changes, just a good thread to remind everyone to be vigilent at all times. It's like the people who continue to leave their Christmas shopping on their back seats, WHY?? It's the way of the world I'm sad to say, just be aware everyone.

Gina

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:29 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
Thing is though - if you're not sure that your property isn't going to be broken into when you are away - as has happened on our development in the past - you do take your passports etc with you to the beach. However, wouldn't then all take a swim & leave them unattended - thats just daft.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:40 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Easy to say........... but if you live alone and holiday alone what do you do ......saw yourself in half!!

Seriously - like Gina's dad - I always have a plastic waterproof container round my neck - for my keys and money.  It's just too easy for them otherwise.  I never take my passport etc etc.  Again, that's ok if you don't have to drive to the beach..If you drive there you have to have your docs at all times in case you're stopped.  Just take as little as possible, avoid the stress and chill.

Jane

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:59 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar
True Jane - nothing is foolproof. Just have to do the best you can

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 11:36 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 2:16 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Fibby,

Thank you so much for posting this warning.

Perhaps this couple were too trusting and found out the hard way, but they obviously felt it was a nice safe place to leave things on the beach. 

It also must have been upsetting for your pregnant daughter and family, and also others on the beach, to have been there when this happened.  I think if I had been there I would have scuttled off straightaway to the relative safety of my apartment and sat on the terrace (hardly what one goes to Spain for though is it?).

While people are relaxing on the beach, others are watching and waiting.

I myself was too trusting and learned the hard way, having just got in our car and sat down and before having a chance to lock the doors, my side door opened and my bag was snatched from me.

Impey

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 2:49 PM by tommyg01 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

On Los Locos beach a guy called Dave has set lockers and charges 1 euro for an hour or 5 euros for the day. Bit of a drive from Playa Flamenca but a much safer option, he has only just started and needs some business, so give him a go. He is only doing weekends at the moment.

Tom

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 3:00 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Tommy,

Sounds a good idea.  Where is Los Locus, north or south of Playa Flamenca?

Impey

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 3:55 PM by tommyg01 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

North of Playa Flamenca, just past the centre of Torrevieja and Playa del Cura beach, on the way towards Torre del Morro and La Mata.

Tom

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 4:12 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Tommyg01

I have seen these lockers on a beach somewhere, brilliant idea.

Maybe there's a business opportunity form someone in CB!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 5:49 PM by tommyg01 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

They have the name beachsafe on them so maybe they are franchised, but Dave is doing a great job at Los Locos. If anyone needs more info maybe pop down and ask him, the lockers are opposite La Boca restaurant on Calle Mariano Ruiz Canovas (Seafront).

Tom

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 6:40 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Forgive me for being cynical, but where do you all live???  I live in the UAE, which, compared to other countries in the world, is an extremely safe and low crime rate place to live.  But "low crime" doesn't mean "no crime".  We live approximately half a mile from the beach and would never think of leaving valuables on the beach!!   Take your car or walk, put your keys and money in your waterproof/locket/pocket (only as much as you need when you're there), wear it and have fun!!  If you want to take your camera, etc., then you have to guard it.  No choice!  Or take a waterproof camera (as we have) and take that in the water too!!

I'm sorry, but common sense kicks in along the line!!

Like 0      
30 Apr 2007 6:58 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Exactly, Pitby.  Anyone who goes to Brighton or Miami Beach or Playa de los locos or any beach anywhere in the whole wide world will be at risk from both professional and opportunist thieves.  You wouldn't leave your wallet on a table in a pub and then go next door to eat in a restaurant.  Either take things with you (plastic bags or whatever) or leave someone in charge of watching your belongings.  Use beaches which have lockers and just take the keys with you.  Same as in waterparks or anywhere.  It's a sad old world but don't make things too easy for them.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anybody purchased through masa - 10 posts
buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts
Free Guide to Buying in Spain 36-page guide ... for free! - 3 posts
Duquesa - 3 posts
Tax Scam - 2 posts
ANY PROBLEMS WITH BUYING RESALES ? - 17 posts
Satalite TV - 2 posts
ENTERTAINMENT - 0 posts
Full Refund Requested "Aureus " - 2 posts
Re-mortgage - 4 posts
Help please with avatar - 1 posts
10000000's of questions about moving permanently to Spain. - 32 posts
Security Grills - 2 posts
wok buffet san javier? - 25 posts
new air line - 5 posts
appartment needed - 5 posts
Community Charges - 27 posts
Spanish Dream - 24 posts
ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x