anybody purchased through masa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

hi. just purchased off plan with masa can anybody  tell me should we use there solicitors ect. or go with someone who has been recommended please help us. thank you srp.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 4:22 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I think you'll find everyone will recommend an independent solicitor.  Solicitors used by the agent (in this case MASA) will get a lot of income from them and will be acting more for their benefit than yours.  Of course, the solicitors may  be fine but, for peace of mind, I would also recommend an independent one.

If you post where you are buying, I'm sure loads of people here will give you advice and recommendations.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 4:27 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Bob,

srp's signature says " hi just bought off plan at la finca through masa anybody got any stories about them good or bad. srp "

He's obviously purchased at La Finca, which is near us, yes ?

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:21 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Don't know, Jean.  Did a search on La Finca Spain and it came up with 43 sites.  Would guess La Finca is a very common name for builders.   

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:33 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar
I must admit La Finca was my second choice and i wish it was my first choice after my Iberian International experience, I noticed some good prices for resale property at La Finca on a site recently. That is if it is The La Finca Golf

i intended to farm moles on the greens! 

Again use an Independant solicitor and everything in triplicate and if they use AIB Technical ask for an alternative for extras

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 5:53 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Bob, this is why I encourage members to put their Spanish location, so we know without asking, where they are.

srp, please would you mind filling in the "location" part of your profile with development and part of Spain. (which La Finca is it ?

Janice 

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:56 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

thank you all for your  quick responce. im sorry at not giving you the full details im new to all this only became a member of eye on spain yesterday i think its great having all these helpful friends. the place we are buying is la finca golf  near  algorfa costa blanca.     once again thank you all. srp

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 8:56 PM by srp Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

thank you all for your  quick responce. im sorry at not giving you the full details im new to all this only became a member of eye on spain yesterday i think its great having all these helpful friends. the place we are buying is la finca golf  near  algorfa costa blanca.     once again thank you all. srp

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 9:06 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi srp, just to clarify - is it masa the estate agents or masa the builders?

Jane

Like 0      
29 Apr 2007 9:26 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Right, srp, in which case you are very close to me.

Yes, I am purchasing and MASA are acting as the agents.  Although I'm working directly with the builders, MASA brought about the introductions and have, so far, been excellent.  I am not using the solicitors they suggested as I had my fingers burnt with Atlas about that and MASA had no problems with that.  They also paid the builders the instalments I sent and everything has gone smoothly.

Best of luck with your purchase and hope everything goes well.

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 1:01 PM by glenant Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

What ever you do don't buy a resale from them.  They were going to put 12% commission on to our property.  All other agents in the area have a fixed fee of between Euros 10,000 and 15,000 or 2% to 3%.  So MASA are making an awful lot of money on properties at the high end of the market.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

buying cortijo costa tropical - 1 posts
Cost of Purchase on Polaris World - 7 posts
Signing on the Padron at new office, Torrevieja - 1 posts
The community meeting! - 2 posts
TAX SCAM - 1 posts
Imonl Legal Services Experience - 2 posts
Free Guide to Buying in Spain 36-page guide ... for free! - 3 posts
Duquesa - 3 posts
Tax Scam - 2 posts
ANY PROBLEMS WITH BUYING RESALES ? - 17 posts
Satalite TV - 2 posts
ENTERTAINMENT - 0 posts
Full Refund Requested "Aureus " - 2 posts
Re-mortgage - 4 posts
Help please with avatar - 1 posts
10000000's of questions about moving permanently to Spain. - 32 posts
Security Grills - 2 posts
wok buffet san javier? - 25 posts
new air line - 5 posts
appartment needed - 5 posts
Community Charges - 27 posts
Spanish Dream - 24 posts
ANGER MANAGEMENT (Deserved its own thread) - 14 posts
The things kids say .....!!!! - 2 posts
Contact name and number for Iberdrola - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x