Help with Plumbing

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Baggies10 Star rating in Oxford then Castil D.... 7 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me,

I need to fit a new kitchen to my house but i do not know if the the sizes of the fittings for the sink are the same as the uk does anyone know this?

Like 0      
19 Jul 2010 12:27 AM by maylin Star rating in Andalucia and Hertfo.... 71 posts Send private message

Hi Baggies 10,

This may seem a bit daft to say but 'It all depends on what is fitted already.'

I say this because my house was built in the 1980's. On inspection and doing some work some years later I found that some of the piping was metric, similar to the UK. Some, would you believe, was imperial i.e. 1/2 and 3/4 inch, this was mainly the galvanized iron piping. The waste pipes were metric.

You would have to see what you have got. Having said that there should be no problem as you can buy reducers etc. to make it all fit. You have to do this in the UK when you purchase monoblock taps with mini piping.

Take some measurements and some samples. It should be relatively easy. You can usually get it all to come together.

Good Luck

Like 0      
19 Jul 2010 9:44 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Don't bother with browsing around in your local ferreteria etc. In my experience with this type of thing, you need to go to a good plumbers merchants.

Go with samples if you can and take a pen and paper so that you can sketch what you need, even if you don't know what things are called.

I've been in a couple of places and they are really helpful and much cheaper than the big DIY stores.

You should have no problems

Good luck

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Agents near Mojacar - 3 posts
Getting Insurance Company to settle - 0 posts
reposession of property - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 0 posts
Legal advice - 0 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 2 posts
Rock concert in San Javier - 2 posts
QUIZ NIGHTS - 0 posts
transfer from airport - 2 posts
Transfering to Spanish Reg - 4 posts
Architect problems CFO & LFO ,legal proceedings ? - 2 posts
spanish mortgage - 1 posts
ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 0 posts
Okreserved car hire - 0 posts
Registering baby's birth in Spain - 14 posts
DO ANY MEMBERS KNOW THE BEST SAT T.V. SETUP TO GET - 10 posts
Property Management Question - 3 posts
Property prices - 54 posts
Buying dog accessories in Cadiz / Malaga area - 0 posts
Mallorca - 3 posts
Mijas Costa taxis for 5 people? - 2 posts
Castell de Ferro and Alhambra del Mar development bankruptcy - 4 posts
M & S Interealty, Torrevieja. Jose Maria Mena... - 0 posts
INFO REQUIRED - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x