Getting Insurance Company to settle

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

I hope someone can give me help on this one. Three years ago, I had a problem with a leaking Air Con unit which flooded out my apartment. I claimed on the insurance which after 6 months finally came and repaied the damage.

What is the problem you ask. Well, they only settled the damage part of the claim, they have never done anything to settle or recover the uninsured losses which are due because of the sub standard installation of the air con unit.

The insurance, like many others had been provided by our Bank as part of the motgage package, so I went back to the Bank to get them to sort it. They told me they nolonger use that Company due to poor service. I suggested to the Bank that they settle the claim and sort it out with the insurance Company, but all they have done is send an email to the insurance Company to remind them of some piece of Spainsh Law which says they should look after their client never mind anyone else. Nothing and even the Bank do not want to be involved.

So, come on what should I do now, all you fonts of knowledge will come with some good idea's.

Many thanks

Dave

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

reposession of property - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 1 posts
CONTACT HELP - 0 posts
Legal advice - 0 posts
Mazarron Country Club - 2 posts
Rock concert in San Javier - 2 posts
QUIZ NIGHTS - 0 posts
transfer from airport - 2 posts
Transfering to Spanish Reg - 4 posts
Architect problems CFO & LFO ,legal proceedings ? - 2 posts
spanish mortgage - 1 posts
ZODIAC VILLA NIGHTMARES - 0 posts
Okreserved car hire - 0 posts
Registering baby's birth in Spain - 14 posts
DO ANY MEMBERS KNOW THE BEST SAT T.V. SETUP TO GET - 10 posts
Property Management Question - 3 posts
Property prices - 54 posts
Buying dog accessories in Cadiz / Malaga area - 0 posts
Mallorca - 3 posts
Mijas Costa taxis for 5 people? - 2 posts
Castell de Ferro and Alhambra del Mar development bankruptcy - 4 posts
M & S Interealty, Torrevieja. Jose Maria Mena... - 0 posts
INFO REQUIRED - 2 posts
Mars for the naked eye - 0 posts
ANYONE THINKING OF SELLING THEIR PROPERTY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY. - 30 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x