Watch UK tv on your laptop!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Clarelou Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

My community does´nt have all of the uk channels available so was trying to watch the BBC iplayer but was told need a uk address............... boo, really missing Eastenders. But I found this website uktvglobal and it allows me to watch BBC, ITV, Channel 4, well all of them basically. I was so happy that I wanted to share it, just wish I had found it a year ago, that is alot of Eastenders to catch up on!!.

Hope you like!!!

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 6:52 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Nice plug, but of course you can also get BBC and ITV free by using Firefox FoxyProxy. Simples!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Jun 2010 7:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

uktvglobal charge ... 4€/month!

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:14 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

If quality is ok then EUR4 a month is ok?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:22 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

VERY true, Faro, I was just pointing out it wasn't free.

I was just reading about Onspeed in Justin's post in his blog. & that costs £24.99 for 12 months. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 26/06/2010.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:31 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I just downloaded from http://www.hide-my-ip.com/ to watch a programme from the States in the UK which is ip geographic crippled. It has a 14 day free trial, so may be worth trying to see if it works over there? Costs $29.99 for the full version.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 2:33 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado

Thanks - I'll check out onspeed.

I don't have sky in Spain so could do with finding a cheap solution for the off program I might want to watch.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 5:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Markfish,

Yes!

The software from Hide My IP does work here in Spain, in fact it should work anywhere around the globe, as long as a Network Admin hasn't disabled the use of such.

I used the trial period the other day to see I could 'mask' my real world IP address, and instead make it 'appear' that I was in fact in the UK and not Spain.

And it worked!

If you purchase the full version, then you can stipulate the country you want to connect via every time you use it.

I would imagine (ahem!) that such a program would allow you to watch any Sport program being streamed live in the UK, from a UK based Television network, on a laptop or PC out in Spain! (ahem!).

It is also potentially an invaluable tool to protect against on-line threats, such as hackers. Indeed, the website suggests such as the main, legal advantage of using the software.

For a lot more information on 'hiding' your real world IP address goto WhatIsMyIPaddress.com for further explanation on what methods can be used and their advantages/disadvantages.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 26/06/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 5:34 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I tried Hide my IP before and I found it incredibly slow - although it does say the trial version is slow?

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 7:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I found it slow too, but was able to watch mt programme on the ABC channel by starting the stream, allowing it to buffer and then coming back to it. . It does stipulate the free trial is limited to a small amount of ip addresses and bandwidth. I may be purchasing it as I have just cancelled my UK Sky subscription.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 8:55 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"I may be purchasing it as I have just cancelled my UK Sky subscription."

I've been thinking about purchasing also.

And as you both said, it was a bit slow, but as you said Markfish, If you allow to buffer, it's fine!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 2:10 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

To Technoape

Can you tell me how you got a UK IP on the trial version of Hidemy Ip as all I can get are US Ips

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 7:49 AM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

I had the same problem but I just kept refreshing and eventually got UK IP address but it was incredibly slow.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 6:54 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

The only way to get genuinely free british TV in Spain, without the overhead of IP cloning (as far as I am aware) is to set it up on a UK system (so it has a bone fida UK IP address), and then set your spanish end to access that IP address. Afraid I can't remember the precise terminology but someone did an online blog with a step by step process of how to set it up.

The downside is you'd be reliant on a UK system, with the necessary server software loaded, always being up and running, but if you were to pay someone to host such a server then obviously it wouldn't be free!  Alternatively, if you left an old UK system permanently up and running e.g. down your garden shed, then whilst it stayed up you'd be very popular with your spanish neignbours (assuming you allow them to share it as a free facility) but of course as soon as it went down or say lost it's broadband connection then it would be all your fault!.. hence you'd be on a hiding to nothing.

If you have family at home (in UK) then you would just set it up ready each time you go out there (we don't live there).

Like 0      
30 Jun 2010 8:13 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

We use this. A fiver a month and only whne you use it in Spain - no contract. No problem with Speed. Also good for the lottery.

https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/

Guy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Has work stopped on your development...Are you trying to recover your deposit? - 9 posts
y Boletín de Instalación de Agua - 1 posts
Plumber > y Boletín de Instalación de Agua costs 700 € ??? - 2 posts
drive to spain - 1 posts
Who's going to win the World Cup - 47 posts
Agents Required - 0 posts
Friend or foe - 5 posts
Denuncia fine for no insurance - 3 posts
Chinese Bazaars (Prices?) - 5 posts
Transferring money to my Spanish bank - 6 posts
Endesa Web Site in English - 3 posts
can anyone recommend a good garage for servicing vehicle around Estepona - 3 posts
Simulsat TV - 9 posts
help wanted - 1 posts
Information, please? - 2 posts
Why do we get so many new members wanting to move to Spain? - 29 posts
Playing around! - 0 posts
Calahonda International School - 2 posts
Spanish postal service reliability - 2 posts
New on here and need some good advice... - 15 posts
Jale bankruptcy - 0 posts
HP Laptop For Sale - 2 posts
Horse riding stuff for sale - 0 posts
advice needed please - 1 posts
Speeding Fine UK Registered Car - Advice Needed - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x