Serious buyer looking to buy a bargain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I hope this message doesn't appear either exploitative or mercenary.

Basically, I have some cash available (£100K) and I want to take advantage of the recession and 'take a property off somebody's hands'. Ideally, I am looking for a 2 bedroomed place somewhere close to the sea, with a shared pool and good services (shops and restaurants) nearby. I don't intend to rent, but just use it for holidays (half terms, etc.).

Anybody out there feeling the pinch who'd like to talk?

By the way, I posted a similar thread about 18 months ago and had a number of interesting but not quite suitable offers.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 11:51 AM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

That would be a bargain, shame you don't want Inland as I have some lovely well priced properties! Good luck with your search.

Caz

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 11:56 AM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Cazzy, I may consider inland, but how far and what areas? In terms of priorities, I'm looking for: 1, a safe area for my little daughter, 2, sufficient restaurants and shops to entertain my wife and 3, a place we can all go to regularly (good access to the UK).

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 12:42 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

how about a 3 bed 2 bath villa, 15 mins drive to beach with communal pool quiet area but 5 mins from 30 bars, restaurants,watreparks etc etc...?

98,000€ should buy it!!

edited to say...30 mins from both Alicante and Murcia Airports.

This message was last edited by georgia on 04/06/2010.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 12:46 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia, we spoke like this last time I posted on this site.

Your property sounds of interest. I was in that area a couple of weeks ago (Corvero Golf) and there appeared to be nice bits and 'not so nice' bits. Can I have more information  please?

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 12:58 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Phil,

Corvera Golf is approx an hour south of my location.

The property is on the outskirts of Algorfa not too far from Quesada.

On a quiet Urbanisation but only 5 mins from the Hustle and bustle.

Orginally 186,000€, furnished etc etc....

if you want specifics i can PM you....

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:06 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

A pm would be good, thanks

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Wouldn't be yours, would it, Georgia?  We both trust you're all well & loving Dolores. We're seeing  Acapulco & Mrs Acapulco tomorrow then out for a meal with them next week. Miss seeing you when we visit them. Will pop into your office when we eat at Alquibla opposite you, may catch you between appointments.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:47 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

I'm not Gloria, sorry

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I was posting to 'Georgia', Phil.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:56 PM by Phil.A Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Sorry, I'm quite new to this stuff

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 2:02 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

No,not mine,thats all tied up on a nice 3 year rent.

I have enough cheapies to sell without giving mine away!!

Phil A,

Will drop you a line.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 2:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Georgia, yes, I had heard you were renting it out, knew yours was much bigger too, just jesting with you, darling!  Did you ever manage to see your prog with Jazmin? We saw it on the C4 iplayer thing once back in the UK.

Phil, Georgia is the guy in the know. Like a dog with a bone for finding properties for members, aren't you, Georgia?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 04/06/2010.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 2:28 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

Nope, i missed it.they had it on i-player in the office but i was actually out filming a new series for a local station!!!!

a celebrity never sleeps.......

Phil,

Have pm'd you.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 2:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Phil, Georgia has PM'd you,  good luck.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2010 5:23 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Phil - think I may have something worth looking at in La Florida, Orihuela Costa - 3 bed 2 bath corner semi in a quiet street but close to bars and restaurants etc.  Just reduced a week ago to 99,000€.

Will send you a PM.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2010 7:56 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Phil

First every Agent will have something which fits your criteria !

If you have £100k cash available to buy a holiday home, then you do not have a problem

If you want something a touch better then also no problem as the Banks will be happy to accommodate you at a very low interest and a very long term mortgage 

But you have to go to the area you want to buy in and then do a bit of work finding what you want

Well, there are certain basics:

It must be fully legal with a licence of first occupation and the planning approved by the regional authority 

If buying new then the complex should be completely finished and with only very few units left

Actually the best buys are in complexes where only a few have been sold for obviously reasons but not a place to buy- unless you are prepared to take bit more of a risk

There are some complexes like this which will turn out a good buy and controlled by the banks and if you buy on one of these then think about taking the good mortgage offer available and keep as much cash as you can as a reserve

More recently built units are the best as they are built to higher standards and you want your hot water to be by solar with a supplement boiler-if you buy a re sale allow in your purchase price the cost of having solar-it’s the future in Spain

Do not pay a reservation fee nor a 10 % deposit as if the seller knows that you are serious you can go straight to the deeds at the Notary and pay everyone by bankers draft – this way you avoid having to pay money up front to anyone except perhaps your lawyers ,who are the same everywhere, and may want some money to cover expenses just in case you walk away at the Notary!!

Going this route the Agent may want some cover but that is all part of the deal  and can be organised

This is just for starters

I would suggest that you decide on a couple of agents you want to use to find what you are looking for, then go to Spain and give each sufficient time to help you and then if you find what you are looking for , take the next step and buy via that agent

Most of us who are still in business will give you a good service through to moving and settling in

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

launderettes - 0 posts
Mortgage Direct S.L - 2 posts
Interest only mortgage. - 1 posts
How do I stop wasps making nests in my sofa? - 1 posts
Legal advise needed - 3 posts
Help required - Malaga Airport to Sebanillas by coach - 3 posts
DIY Finca/cortijo - 2 posts
Good news in Spain! - 426 posts
JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x