Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jun 2010 10:10 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Awwwwww what a nice thread

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 10:14 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

And Spain beat Chile 2 - 1 yesterday TOO!

Like 0      
27 Jun 2010 1:30 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

"Place in the Sun" this week featured Marbella which was overall pretty upbeat.

Tempered only by lowish prices from ex-pats desperate to sell.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 8:12 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

That's more like it Norman, good news and......................... good post!!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 10:29 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Morning all

Paul MacCartney was fantastic last night.  A lovely warm night, and he was on last, and rocked Hyde Park for about two and a half hours after Crosby Stills & Nash, Crowded House and Elvis Costello. He really got the crowd going, with songs from early and late Beatles, through Wings and one or two new songs. The highlight was 'Live and let die'  which exploded in to an impressive firework display at least twice during the song. He joked with the crowd, and told stories about why he wrote various songs and what they meant etc., and most importantly played what people wanted to hear.

What a birthday treat!,  we even managed to drive right through the middle of London and park free of charge a few mins walk fom Hyde park.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 10:46 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Memories for you, goodstich  

LIVE AND LET DIE!

Glad you had a great time.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 10:47 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

What a "FAB" experience Goodstich! "Dr Karl Kennedy" (Neighbours) was on the  BBC sofa this morning and said it was an experience of a lifetime.  Paul was my favourite!

Edited to say, Thanks for that clip More! WOW!! I'm sure they will show  it on a TV program soon.

This message was last edited by Tish on 28/06/2010.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 10:50 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

........whoops, going a bit off thread. I'll try and keep my  'good news',  Spain related in future, but obviously not getting much at the moment. 

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 10:54 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Goodstich ...did you see my posting 10:46? 

It MUST have been electric! What a night from all accounts! Those fireworks! 

** Tish ... I posted on 26 Jun 2010 00:41that Paul McCartney's Hard Rock Calling concert at Hyde Park will be live streamed exclusively through the Born HIV Free channel on YouTube & the concert will remain on the site for a full month after its initial broadcast.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 28/06/2010.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 11:00 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

I've got to say this.  

It will be the GOOD news from Spain  when it spills over to the thousands who would have liked to be enjoying their property in there, but can't through no fault of their own, and not to just those currently living there.

Not everyone living in Spain thinks  it is wonderful as Vicky (Emerald Management) has  frequently written about. Fine when all is rosy, but a blip makes it a whole different story. Then they can't wait to get back to the UK.

(I'll expect the usual vitriolic response from the 'Ape)

Edited for typo error

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 11:06 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

just saw your clip, well done and thanks!   Yes that really bought it all back.

Tish

yes it really was special. Songs like Live and let die, contrasting with  'The long and winding road' .  Emotional stuff.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 11:07 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Oh yes More , I do remember now.  I've not seen the Born HIV Channel. I presume it is a Sky channel or is it Freeview?. Is it on this channel for a month too?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 11:25 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

hi Tish

Personally I feel that those who don't want to read certain membersposts should just butt out, what's the big deal?

I was telling Justin about the friend or foe setting on one of my local forums. It's the biggest in our general area & very informative for the local stuff like 'is Carrefour open today?' then someone will post 'I can see it is from my apartment!' & 'I've just broken my tooth & need a dentist asap, who do you recommend bearing in mind I'm terrified!' then someone, often instantly, will suggest one they go to. Excellent for me certainly. Anyway some were catty on the original thread so Justin removed it. I started another but it hasn't been taken up  yet it serves a purpose. Eliminate those INDIVIDUALS really can't abide! Friend or foe

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 4:09 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Tish,

I don't give vitriolic responses in my posts, I leave that to bitter, twisted, contentious, ignominious people such as you!

And I don't need a 'friend or foe' setting, which I believe contravenes freedom of speech, as I just ignore your posts. However as you posted something to obviously get my attention, I felt an appropriate response was required!

Back to Good News in Spain!

The summer has finally arrived and with a vengeance, marked by last weeks festival of San Juan which really didn't start to get going until the early hours, and good fun was had by all, as there were no gangs of yobs to contend with, as there would have been in the UK...

... if it were ever possible at all to hold such an event in the UK.

The port is starting to look busy already, as are the beaches and the markets, won't be long now and the influx of British holiday makers will arrive in their masses, guaranteed to have a good holiday with every day being hot and sunny.

Indeed, we have family arriving Wednesday night for two weeks, and they are looking forward to having such a wonderful holiday in Spain, before it gets too busy!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 4:58 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

28 Jun 2010 5:17 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Q.E.D.

Better known as Quantum Electro Dynamics is the relativistic quantum field theory of electrodynamics

It basically describes how light and matter interact and is the first theory where full agreement between quantum mechanics  and special relativity is achieved.

Just not sure how to connect it too Good news in Spain

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 28/06/2010.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 5:40 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Mmmm. You didn't do Mathematics at school?

Q.E.D.  

Q.E.D. is an abbreviation of the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" (literally, "that which was to have been demonstrated"). The phrase is written in its abbreviated form at the end of a mathematical proof or philosophical argument, to signify that the last statement deduced was the one to be demonstrated, so the proof is complete.

i.e. Technoape proved my point about his consistent vitriolic responses to other peoples posts.

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 6:00 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Mmmm. You didn't do Mathematics at school? Only in primary School Tish

System of n linear algebraic equations in n unknowns.
A system of n linear equations in n unknowns can be rewritten in unfolded form as
a11x1 + a12x2 + ¢ ¢ ¢ + a1kxk + ¢ ¢ ¢ + a1nxn = b1,
a21x1 + a22x2 + ¢ ¢ ¢ + a2kxk + ¢ ¢ ¢ + a2nxn = b2,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
an1x1 + an2x2 + ¢ ¢ ¢ + ankxk + ¢ ¢ ¢ + annxn = bn,
(1)
where a11, a12, : : : , ann are coefficients; b1, b2, : : : , bn are free terms; and x1, x2, : : : , xn are
unknowns.
A set of n numbers x1, : : : , xn that, when substituted for the unknowns in system (1), turn the
equations of (1) into identities is called a solution of system (1). A system of equations is called
compatible if it has at least one solution. A system that has no solution is called incompatible.
Kramer’s rule. If the determinant of system (1) is nonzero,
¢ = det
B@
a11 a12 : : : a1k : : : a1n
a21 a22 : : : a2k : : : a2n
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
an1 an2 : : : ank : : : ann
CA
¹ 0, (2)
the system has a unique solution given by Kramer’s rule:
x1 =
¢1
¢
, x2 =
¢2
¢
, : : : , xk =
¢k
¢
, : : : , xn =
¢n
¢
where ¢k is the determinant obtained by replacing the kth column in the determinant (2) by the
column of free terms:
¢k = det
B@
a11 a12 : : : b1 : : : a1n
a21 a22 : : : b2 : : : a2n
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
an1 an2 : : : bn : : : ann
CA

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 6:34 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

You forgot the Q.E.D. at the end!

Like 0      
28 Jun 2010 7:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jesus frigging Christ! it didn't take long for the knives to come out again. DID IT? I thought we were doing too well!

Techno, for your info, the friend/foe setting was private to each & every one of another forum's membership. It had s*d all to do with contravention of freedom of speech.   If you decided you didn't want to see someone's posts you set their sitename as a foe & you don't see their posts, simple. I think, certainly with certain members in this forum, it would prove invaluable.

Tish could set Techno as a foe & vice versa, same as Georgia & Goodstich & you'd not see each others posts, most could set Norman as a foe & they wouldn't see his, everyone .. except a handful it seems to me at times  .. could set More as a foe & that might just leave a handful talking to a handful.

I learn new words in here on a daily basis, certainly broadening my vocabulary.

I can see Justin deleting this thread at this rate!

This message was last edited by morerosado on 28/06/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x