Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jun 2010 12:19 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

Georgia has presented an unarguable case for the benefits he has found from his move to Spain and Pitby has confirmed from her very substantial world experience, Techno and many others have supported the case from their personal experiences as does Justin himself.

Unfortunately others have experienced misfortune and worse.

My experience in Spain has always been good at street level except for "balcony" dogs, driving habits and seeing my daughter robbed by gypsies, I have not even been affected by restaurant smoking.

At professional level it is a very different story but I do not suffer from the bitterness to street level that I am often accused of.

For this reason I am more than glad to see informative posts of ex-pat success and wish to encourage it and obtain a little second-hand enjoyment.

Long may it continue.

However personal experience can change, whilst not suffering here in the same way as Techno and Georgia recounted, I was recently disturbed to discover that a known teenager had stolen expensive cameras from his school to sell to dealers for peanuts, to feed his drug habit.

Apparently he had picked up the habit from his separated user father who he sometimes stayed with.

His father being a lifetime user of the "harmless weed" who worked "normally" and had it under "control".

Unfortunately the son cannot control it at all and is now more or less permanently "stoned", with no life future ahead of him except drugs and dealing therein.

I suppose my question is, is this common in Spain as well or are things better there?

Keep the good posts coming.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 12:52 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Goodstitch 44

Thanks for your reply! It was a comment against one particular post that i found in bad taste, as you know i'm not a great fan of specific replies as seen on here they easily turn quite personnal and nasty

I don't think anybody deep down is really pleased with your situation and if truth be known there for the "grace of god''

People do get pi**ed with you because you do eventually involve your problems into many unrelated threads. I always follow  the justice threads and i'm sure like many if we see any new avenues of support we will take them, because we don't post it doesn't mean ignorance

You in turn must accept that many people are happy with their lot in Spain (or in my case visiting) and like to share that on the "happy'' threads and feel they are being spoilt

You probably have more support for your cause than you realise so keep up your fight and i'm sure we will keep supporting you

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 1:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Do I take it you pair are now 'friends'?  It's good to see some sense prevailing. I support goodstich myself, who knows what some of us would feel & say had we been in his position! Maybe just try to calm your posts my friend  ... stick to the justice threads .. as you do seem to be annoying some but hey ho, many can't stand me either. Life goes on!  

I'm sure you would be in Spain if you could & I get more angry with those who post against you than with you.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 2:20 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

friends?, I doubt it, but if we have found an understanding then that's 'good news' indeed.

Thanks for kind words, and as you say, you can't please everyone, some will always dislike us whatever we say or do, and especially if we appear to criticise something something they hold dear.   As for being in Spain, I would love to spend months there at a time one day, when we finally get justice and I don't feel so bitter. As for living there permenantly?, I'm really not so sure now.  Much as I used to love the idea, I think long term rent would suit me better, with roots still in the UK.  

Good news?, it's my birthday today, and my wife and I are going to see Paul, MacCartney, Elvis Costello and Crowded House at Hyde Park on Sunday, and the forecast is 30 C.!

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 2:43 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOODSTICH !!

Have a great time on Sunday.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 2:59 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Tish

Cheers for that, and yes, Sunday should be good if hot!.  Hoping they have a big screen so that we can watch England beating Germany!!

.........well you have to think positive don't you

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:00 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

goodstich44 said
Good news?, it's my birthday today, and my wife and I are going to see Paul, MacCartney, Elvis Costello and Crowded House at Hyde Park on Sunday, and the forecast is 30 C.!

That's what this thread is all about.......good news.....happy birthday.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 3:21 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

Happy Birthday Goodstich, hope it's a good one a good year follows.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 5:03 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

A big thanks to those who have wished me a 'Happy Birthday' and a good year, on this thread and by PM. Very Heart warming.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 5:06 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Happy Birthday Goody

It's my Mum's birthday today too, so many happy returns to you both

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 5:06 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Happy Birthday Goody

It's my Mum's birthday today too, so many happy returns to you both

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 5:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 6:20 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

¡Feliz cumpleaños, Goodstich! 

Hope that you are enjoying your birthday today and that you have a fab time on Sunday.  I must admit to being a bit envious - if we were still in London we would be there in Hyde Park too, though we would probably be sitting outside listening to the music for free, being penniless pensioners!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 6:25 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi Candyfloss

Happy Birthday to ya mum also.

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 6:57 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

Happy birthday to Goodstich and Candyfloss's mum!!

More - Im sure youd love my mum-in-law .... who knows, Mum, OH and moi couldve walked by you or sat near each other at one of the lovely cafe's on a number of occasions in Quesada, Benejofar etc!! 

This is what I love about EOS .... getting to know people and some friendly chat

Like 0      
25 Jun 2010 9:46 PM by steven2 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Totally agree with the post!! it is about time we all wake up and celebrate the good things that we came here for in the first place,

The grass can always be green'er on one side or another, but I know which one I rather be on -:)

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:18 AM by peteha Star rating. 111 posts Send private message

Belated happy Birthday Goodstich

I hope my posting on the justice thread gave you some cheer.

Despite all the good weather etc.in Spain I am still envious of your Hyde Park Gig

Enjoy and try to put your troubles behind you.

you have more support than you realise but I would ask that you post your

comments on the appropriate threads.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:41 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sue, I've just been reading this & it says it has been confirmed that Paul McCartney's Hard Rock Calling concert at Hyde Park this Sunday will be live streamed exclusively through the Born HIV Free channel on YouTube & the concert will remain on the site for a full month after its initial broadcast.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 26/06/2010.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:49 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Wend691,

It is so lovely to hear about your Mum so glad she is enjoying living in Spain I am afraid we cannot do that but go for a few months each year and Roy is so much better in Spain he has had Alzheimers  getting on 8 years now but is on the medication. One of the reasons why we could not live in Spain I might need a lot of help later on and I know I will get that in the UK albeit I have to pay for it. 

But he loves going and in the village everyone is so friendly and they all look out for him. He takes the rubbish to the bins and sometimes gets confused where he is coming back to, But there always seems to be someone to help him.

When I take him to the memory clinic when we go back he seems so much better and they say there it is a shame we cannot put this on the National Health.  Free flights to Spain how great would that be.

So please all stop bickering if you have your heath that to me would be everything.

Pat

Like 0      
26 Jun 2010 12:54 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Forgot to say have a great time Goodstich I have a grandaughter that will be going love Hyde Park used to live not far from there.

Hope you had a great day.

Pat

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x