Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2010 10:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Got some really good news, in fact great news for Spain!

Alcampo have a range of fantastic deals on LCD and Plasma TV's.

We bought a new TV yesterday, a 40" Toshiba LCD for 499€ and if when Spain win the World Cup, we get our money back!

In the UK, Currys and Comet are doing the same offer, but it is £499 not 499€, so the even better news is that the TV is cheaper to buy here in Spain than in the UK, as the exchange rate I got was 1.187€ per £1.

So the TV only cost me £420.39.

And I got a 2 year guarantee as standard, not just 1 year, saving even more money on extra guarantees!

Good Great Fantastic news for Spain.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 5:04 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Tecno,

I Picked up a Brand new 32" HD Ready Freeview LCD  at the local auctions (Formentera) for 240€ last weekend.

They had 4 of them, Bankrupt stock apparently!

On a different point and not sure if this goes in "good news" or "slightly worrying news"

I recently sold an apartment in the village for 67,000€.

I accompanied the surveyor on Friday and have just received the Valuation at 120,000€

The bank have agreed to fund 55% of valuation.

Does this equate to nearly 100% finance again which in my opinion was the route of the problem we now suffer or does it show that in the banks eyes they have confidence that some of the prices have hit rock bottom?????

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 7:02 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Georgia,

"I Picked up a Brand new 32" HD Ready Freeview LCD  at the local auctions (Formentera) for 240€ last weekend."

Not bad, not bad! But as you say, liquidated stock. At Alcampo you can also get a 32" HD Ready Freeview LCD for 289€, and that comes with a full 2 year warranty.

The 40" we purchased is a Toshiba, which is a very good make (I know, I used to sell them) and is Full HD and has great colour depth, contrast and great sound. All in all, Toshiba aren't the best set on the market, but they are a very close runner up!

And when Spain win the World Cup, I get my money back!!!!!

Going back to what you said about the property being sold for 67,000€ with a valuation of 120,000€...

I'm not surprised, because even though prices have fallen sharply, the corresponding valuations haven't dropped anywhere near as much, so with the 55% mortgage, the purchaser needs to find the 1000€ difference, and the 12% purchase costs at  8,040€...

Which translates at a purchase of a 67,000€ property for less than 10,000€.

I assume interest only for the first 2 to 5 years?

Nice!

Hmm!

Do me a favour, PM me with some more details with what you have on your books!

I wouldn't mind a bit of that action myself!

"or does it show that in the banks eyes they have confidence that some of the prices have hit rock bottom?????"

I think you and I, and the banks, agree!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 07/06/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 9:22 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

The good new is that we have noticed a lot more activity around the new apartment block being built near us - the bad news being that it is getting quite noisy during working hours!  The other good news for our dog Lisa is that she is getting a lot more walks as we go out for some peace and quiet!

The cost of going out with friends and having a good time is a lot less in Spain than it would be in London.  On Saturday evening we went to a free concert in Jumilla castle, that was lovely (as well as the music, the conductor was good entertainment value!) and then went for tapas and wine afterwards with two English friends and four Spanish friends. It worked out at 25€ per couple: lots of good tapas, wine, beer, coffee and fresh fruit at the end of the meal and even a small tip.

On Sunday we went along to Música entre Vinos at Bodegas Casa de la Ermita, starting at 12.00.  It cost 8 euros each for a tour of the vineyards and bodega; flamenco music from Al Golpe, which had many of the Spaniards up and dancing (and a couple of Brits too!); lots of good wine plus lovely food including cold meats, a selection of cheeses, savoury pastries, two types of gazpacho in tiny glasses, nuts, crisps etc.  The atmosphere was great and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  I nearly forgot that we were given a box at the end so that the four of us could take our wine glasses away plus they gave us a couple of extra glasses to fill the box!

After that we drove into the countryside as some Spanish friends had suggested that we join them for "coffee".  We arrived while they were still eating, so they insisted that we shared some food, as well as having coffee and petit fours (or whatever you call them in Spanish - all I know is that they were absolutely wonderful!) before cheering on Rafa in the Paris Open final!

Did I mention that the sun was shining all weekend?

Sue

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 10:17 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

thank you Suemac, that is comfort to any victim and what the thread should be about.

What a wonderful put down to the mindless and all their abuse.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 10:31 PM by Margo Star rating in London/Duquesa. 298 posts Send private message

We have just received a card today from our cousin who went to our apartment in Sabinillas for his honeymoon. He had the most fantastic time, and can't wait to come back. For our part, we have had quite a few very happy holidays in Sabbi now - we feel a lot of affection for the place. We too have taken goods back to Carrefour and received great service. When you think, that we can leave home at 5am and stand in our apartment 5 and a half hours later, that's very good news indeed. The only negative side for us is that we're not retired yet and we can't come and stay longer.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2010 8:31 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

This are my remarks from a previous thread - looks like Norman won't go away, a bit like a stone in your shoe.

I don't know if you've moved on from the original theme of the thread, but I would just like to add my support to those who are tired of the good news threads being hijacked by the 'justice' lobby. Yes we have every sympathy, and would support you where possible, but if every time someone starts a thread on something positive, you jump in and ruin it, we will start to get sick of it quite frankly.

There are plenty of ways to get your point over without preventing anyone else from enjoying and sharing their positive experiences. How would you feel if people incessantly hijacked the proper 'justice' threads etc, with outlandish stories of happiness in Spain. Respect the threads which people post in good faith, and everyone might get along better.

For the record, our good news is we bought an old Spanish house on a square in a mountain village and evreything is fine. We have amazing views, cheap food and drink, friendly locals, spanish culture, and we're only 15 mins from the beaches. They have fiestas regularly, the locals all give us food (nisperos, cherimoyas, mint, onions etc) and people keep an eye out for our house when were away.

This message was last edited by otivar2010 on 08/06/2010.

Like 0      
09 Jun 2010 10:28 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

otivar2010 said

''There are plenty of ways to get your point over without preventing anyone else from enjoying and sharing their positive experiences. How would you feel if people incessantly hijacked the proper 'justice' threads etc, with outlandish stories of happiness in Spain. Respect the threads which people post in good faith, and everyone might get along better.

Could not agree more, exactly why I started this thread, well said otivar2010

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 7:15 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

why oh why does the paranoia continue???????

Ovitar, why for the record???

why not expand for the thread, it sounds good to me, let us have more, this victim has not lost his interest.

you might even blog it with photos etc.

redsam has little to contribute and must by now even be boring himself.

I am certain that there are many more great stories out there, if only people would take time out to tell them.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 9:01 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

"I am certain that there are many more great stories out there, if only people would take time out to tell them."

Norman,

I did!

And you called me a liar!

Others did, and you did the same!!!

The only victims on here are people who listened to your personal plight, including me, and every time we offered advice we got an answer along the lines of "listen to the sillies".

So enough!

You want help, fine! Then stop chuntering away, insulting people as you go and just listen to what people are trying to say to you!

Maybe, just maybe, you then might realise that people do (or did) sympathise with you and are trying to help you!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 10:41 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

More good news in Spain. My 18 year old son is on his way home after a happy and fun filled week at our apartment....no problems, neighbours loved him and not even a glass broken!

Perhaps it is an age thing as we get older some of us suffer from an self inflicted depression and paranoia!

Norman said''redsam has little to contribute and must by now even be boring himself''

Not me Norman, bored..never, just to much in life to enjoy despite the numerous kicks in the blks I have taken, but hey get up, dust your self down and get on with it.

The more I read your posts Norman I come to the conclusion that despite the ramblings and rants that you are actually just taking the p--s and your sole purpose and agenda is to wind up EOS members to satisfy your own weird short comings, maybe you did have a real gripe and where seeking justice at on stage, but I do think you have lost the plot at some point along the way........................

but hey everyone, keep the good news coming, and Norman keep the rants going as they are in thier own way, quite amusing and you know the old saying Norman........

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 10/06/2010.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 12:23 AM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Techno well said there will always be good news in Spain as long as the sun shines.

Following a huge loss due to an illegal non build and continuing legal action we have just purchased a property in a inland village and have just returned to the UK to make final arrangements for a permanent move.

We will be returning late Aug and look forward to a long and happy retirement.

I feel sure that we will have many good news stories to tell in the future.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 8:17 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

More good news....Good for you vilprano, enjoy...

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 11/06/2010.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 9:53 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Vilprano, by your own admission,(if not here then on another forum) you are fortunate enough to be able to shoulder the financial loss of  a non-build without it seriously  impacting on you. You have  even been able to move forward and buy another property. There are thousands who are not in that position and it has had life changing implications for them from which many will not be able to recover from (financially).   These people will never see the "Good news from Spain" unless they get justice in the form of their money returned.

Having said that, I hope you enjoy your retirement  and move to Spain and enjoy all it has to offer.

This message was last edited by Tish on 11/06/2010.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 11:38 AM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Tish,

Yes I consider myself fortunate to have the means to still purchase a property, although at a much reduced budget and I am well aware that others are not so fortunate. I have for years been actively seeking redress for mine and others unjust treatment by a system that allows these crimes (yes I consider them crimes) to exist in a civilized society. The loss of 100K seriously impacted on my future standard of living and I do not in any way consider it as anything other than a serious matter that I will continue to fight through the courts.

However supporting others in their times of stress has made me realise that there is still a life to lead and do not dwell on past problems, misfortunes, mistakes etc. I hope to have a long and happy future.

My financial situation came about as a result of many years hard work (up to 20 hrs a day) and now feel that I can enjoy my retirement without any feelings of guilt.

I have always been a glass half full person rather than half empty and  although I continue to feel anger for and sympathy towards other less fortunate members and will always support the fight for justice for all in Spain, I will hopefully enjoy my retirement.

Bank balances may be depleted but remember your family and friends and all that you value is still here. Dont let them destroy any of these things or your health. Treat it as another lesson in life, lessons learned however painful are what shape our lives.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 1:28 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi vilprano,

you went through all the heartache of losing 100k  yet because you now have accepted your fate and you are trying to turn your life around, somebody has to jump on the band wagon and reprimand you, (albeit they still wish you a good life) don't respond you don't have to, enjoy your new life you deserve it.

regards kathy

This message was last edited by 1962 on 12/06/2010.

This message was last edited by 1962 on 12/06/2010.

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 5:35 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Quote Tish: "These people will never see the "Good news from Spain" unless they get justice in the form of their money returned."

Well, if they, like you, can't stand to see any good news in or from Spain, then you and they shouldn't read nor contribute to this thread!

Simple!

Now for some good news:

The San Juan festival is coming up folks... so put the 23rd June into your diaries. Bonfires, Fireworks, Singing, Dancing and everyone having a good time... can't wait!

This is just one of the things I love about Spain and the Spanish people, no matter how bad things are, they still put a smile on their face and enjoy life.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
21 Jun 2010 4:53 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Good news for those wishing to upgrade heating to the more efficient (90%) wood pellet stoves.

The Junta de Andalucia are offering substantial grants.

Just taken advantage of the scheme which is open to residents/non residents alike and looking forward to enjoying the cleaner and more efficient stove.

And it keeps good news in the picture. Im sure there is more but think some posters have been slated a few times too often.

Lets hope that we are not all enjoying wallowing in the misery which seems all too easy in our later years.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 10:20 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Tish

well said.  Indeed not many people are in a position to lose a fortune, and just put it behind them. Like you, I wish those living in Spain all the best with their lives. My gripe is not with people who are happy with their lot, as long as they at least try to understand the feelings of those wronged, and why many of us will continue to  feel very bitter about Spain until we get justice.  I think many of us would feel the same about any country that had let us down so badly through non implementation of it's own laws and it's own justice system.

As long as both sides keep it factual, and accept the reasons for being happy or not so happy with their lot in Spain, then hopefully we can all get along o.k, and hopefully the 'good news' will spread to more people in the future?

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 12:57 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I was told by a lawyer at the weekend that a new law was being introduced where an Estate agent if found responsible for knowingly

selling an illegal property could be liable for prosecution and could receive a fine for up to 30,000€

Bring it on.....that will sort the wheat from the chaff!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x