Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Jul 2010 6:21 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

octivar2010

no, not nitpicking, just saying not everyone needs sunshine to enjoy life, nice though it is!    We need more rain in the UK, my grass is turning yellow. Should get some this weekend hopefully?

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 6:39 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

But we are meant to be talking about Spain - the clue is in the site name - Eye on Spain. If the thread was 'do we need more rain in the UK' then fair enough

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 6:58 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

octivar

well thanks for that. You really know how to make those involved with Spain feel  welcome.  If you remember, your post was partly about looking out of the window in the UK  .

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 7:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm not telling you what I do IN SPAiN in inclement weather, otivar  We HAVE endured VERY inclement weather IN SPAIN, especially on Tuesday 15th June. It pi**ed it down like you wouldn't believe! We were in the car & couldn't see through the windscreen as the wipers wouldn't go fast enough to clear it, we couldn't see the edge of the road, at 3pm it was like the dead of night, lightning was sparking on the cables across the road, thunder was SCARY, traffic coming towards us as slow as we were approaching them caused WAVES to almost knock us off the road!!!

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 7:44 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

some good posts - thank you.

I am not looking for an argument but must tell you I have not enjoyed the sun today.

I am burnt sore and have achieved almost nothing.

I cannot eat my meal, it is just too hot.

Relief is promised in the form of a thunderstorm.

Come rain, blessed, glorious rain.

Yes yes yes

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 9:02 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Lauryc,  I really liked your post so refreshing and funny also.  give us more.

regards kathy

Kathy

Like 0      
02 Jul 2010 11:29 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

if its not raining use your hose pipe we don't have a ban and you may as well before the government make cut backs on that too

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 2:23 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

hope it is good there

here the storm did not arrive and it is now too hot to sleep

we are dripping

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 11:54 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Dear All

Yes, it is good here (in Spain). 

Our Friday night out was amazing.  We watched a master class in carving jamon (the champion was standing there for at least 3 hours!) and I am told that the jamon was very good - though I didn't taste any as I don't eat meat.  The music was lovely: played by a talented group of young musicians from Jumilla.  We tasted nine excellent wines, including El Nido, though to be quite honest I preferred a couple of the cheaper wines - which was fortunate as I can't afford to buy the expensive ones!  The food that I did taste was very good, although when I asked if they had any cheese I was told that it was too hot for "queso".  Yep, you've guessed right, it was a lovely warm evening and even after midnight I didn't need my wrap.  We noticed that there were lots of young people there: enjoying themselves, enjoying the wine, but not getting drunk or causing trouble.  What's not to like?

Sue  

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 12:15 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Sounds like just our kind of night out, what a treat

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 3:03 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Good news for those of us working in Gibraltar.  While the UK and Spain are in the process of raising taxes, Gibraltar is cutting income tax rates.  More here.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 9:04 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

i fear ignorance is bliss where living in spain is concerned, and those who seem happiest remind me of the film"stepford wives" sure, we all love sun, sea,accent on  family life etc but they are outweighed by many minuses eg unjust taxes eg iht,  the way the system seems to favour the unlawful, kamokaze driving, prioritising money and political issues before health( delay of non smoking ban)if you are rich, and carry on as if you are still living in the uk-(living under the radar) you will live a stressfree life in spain. of course there are lovely people in spain-each country has its share just as it has its share of crooks.spain is a lovely country for a holiday. living here? forget it!

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 9:23 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Ah, well, always someone wanting to drag us all back to earth even though there is a Bad News in Spain thread, they have to jump on the one for the optimists.  Never mind, Camposol, you might find your niche somewhere.  Have you tried starting a Grumpy Old Git thread?  I think we all realise there are problems (and, God knows, there are enough on here who want to keep reminding us of them) but this thread was started to pass on some of the good things in life in Spain not the obvious failings to make everyone as miserable as you appear to be.  Come on, life's far too short to let the entire worries of the world weigh on your shoulders every waking moment.  And, no, I do not intend to get into an internet battle over this point.  I absolutely refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.(Anon).

It is better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt (Mark Twain).

And, remember, if at first you don't succeed, skydivings probably not for you.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 10:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Spain are into their 1st World Cup semi-final, against Germany on Wednesday.

Villa scored the goal. Well done.

Like 0      
03 Jul 2010 10:33 PM by arky25 Star rating in erskine, scotland. 351 posts Send private message

arky25´s avatar

well done spain - - would be good to be over there just now?

www.roda.250x.com   OUR APARTMENT

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 2:30 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

camposol-surely you would have known about these issues before you moved to Spain and in deed they could be used to descibe the situation in many countries. How long had you lived in Spain before deciding to leave? And you must have returned home for reasons more serious than bad drivers and a smoking ban!!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 2:38 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

"...... kamokaze driving ...."  LOL

Camposol, you've obviously never lived in the middle east!!  We used to put our lives into some reckless ****head's hands every time we went out in the car in Dubai!!

Driving in Spain, for us, is an absolute delight!!!! 

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 3:59 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We have just returned from a "Música entre Vinos" event just outside Jumilla.  It was very enjoyable, with music from the Xummiya Brass Quintet, playing the Trumpet Voluntary amongst other pieces!  The most popular tune was inevitably a pasadoble, where a Spanish señora grabbed me and insisted on having a dance!  Luckily I managed OK - and John took a photo of us as evidence!

We chatted to an eleven year old girl who is learning English at school, though she seemed more comfortable when we spoke a bit of Spanish to her.  She insisted on kissing John and I, plus our English friends (and drivers) John and Lesley, when we said goodbye and she said we were nice people and that she looked forward to seeing us again.  That is what living in Spain is all about.  (It was her mother who danced with me, by the way, and her grandmother danced with the other John!)

At the end, somebody produced a Spanish flag and there was a bit of chanting  "Campeones, olé, olé, olé!"  We hope that they have something to shout about after the next match.....

Camposol, we are not rich (especially after our first experiences of trying to buy a property in Spain, where the developer went into voluntary administration), however I don't think the life we lead here in Jumilla is anything like the life that we led in the UK.

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 5:36 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

More Good News in Spain!

Rafeal Nadal has just won the Wimbledon Men's Championship!

Add to that the fact that Spain went through to the Quarter Finals in the World Cup Football Championship.

Great News for Spain!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
04 Jul 2010 6:14 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Sorry to be pedantic, TechNoApe, but....

Rafael Nadal won Wimbledon and

Spain are through to the semi-finals of the World Cup (for the first time ever!)

Great news for Spain though, as you so rightly say!

Sue

Sue Walker

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x