Good news in Spain!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2010 1:13 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

you have to admit that the "good news" has been a bit trivial in the main, nevertheless welcome.

I wonder whether there are enough millionaires on here, enjoying Spain that could band together in some form, joint purchase or what have you to actually keep Vicci where she wants to be??????

also whether Sue's recovery from loss as a victim story might make good news.

a recent holiday returnee (Duquesa) stated that things are now so expensive in Spain that you have to snap up whatever bargains there are, the good news is that some bargains still exist.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:19 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

"it's great to hear the good news, but not at the exclusion of the bad news also"....er actually this particular thread is entitled "Good news in Spain"...we can't dumb it down any more....

..well maybe we can..

Are there any references to car hire, limescale, weather etc on this thread? No because while they are worthwhile and valid topics for the forum as a whole, they are not appropriate to this  thread which -in case you missed it first time - is entitled "Good news in Spain"

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 1:55 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Tish:

Another idea, entitle the thread" THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT LIVING IN SPAIN"  and put it on the Living in Spain forum NOT the general chit chat forum. As neither Goodstich, Norman or I live in Spain then we cannot justifiably contribute to it.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that you don't live in Spain.  Most of us (myself included) don't really live in Spain as such.  Especially us lot that live in the Duquesa area!! 

Sanchez1

This message was last edited by Sanchez1 on 29/06/2010.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 2:57 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Norman said '' you have to admit that the "good news" has been a bit trivial in the main, nevertheless welcome.'' Who are you decide what news is trivial, might seem trivial to you but obviously not to who ever posted it it'

Most of what you post Norman, seems a bit trivial to me, but as you have taken time to post it I presume it is of some importance to you....that is those posts I can decypher.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 4:05 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

getting back to 'good news'  I'd like to put a word in for Tish, who's had a bit of stick today.  All the years i've been fighting for justice, she has always been caring and thoughful in her replies to me. Not only that, but having taken on the bad guys, and won her cases and had her monies returned, she obviously knows what she is taliking about. If you want facts, and info you can rely on, ask Tish. She's been a great help, and that's good news indeed!

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 4:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Sanchez,

"I wouldn't worry about the fact that you don't live in Spain.  Most of us (myself included) don't really live in Spain as such.  Especially us lot that live in the Duquesa area!!"

LOL....

How very true!

Even as far west as this is on the Costa Del Sol, it's still sometimes feels like 'Little Britain'.

Good new in Spain today...

Spain take on Portugal for what is set to be a terrific game...

and....

The exchange rate is now 1.237 ...

which will be hanging in front of Brtis who want a holiday sun like a carrot on a stick!

Not to mention another pay rise, and more good news, for those who work in Gib and live in Spain.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 4:13 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Well I suppose if all else fails argue about the meaning of mere words

it will get you another mention

pathetic!!!!! 

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 4:17 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Only a few short hours ago goodstich said a 'good news only' thread will look insensative at best and downright insulting at worst................now she is adding her own version of good news....I for one am loosing track.....I'm away to lie down for a while, not quite sure if I am tired or bored by it all.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 4:23 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

this could be really good news for all Brits relying on the XR................

"The Euro has traded near to the lowest levels against the Pound since 2008 and is also at record lows against the Swiss Franc.

Markets are avoiding the Euro this week as funding concerns come to the fore. On Thursday, European banks have to repay 442 billion Euros to the ECB causing a potential liquidity shortfall of 100 billion Euros. There is also concern that regional banks will have to borrow at higher interest rates once they roll over loans this week. France and Spain both have debt auctions later this week, following weak demand for Italy’s own auction."

back to "Viva Espana" perhaps?

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 5:33 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Goodstich said " yes, I'm glad my posts ware  welcomed. I'm not looking for a fight with anyone, I just want to explain how many of us feel.  As I said, it's great to hear the good news, but not at the exclusion of the bad news also.  They are both sides of the same coin, and need to be heard. If bad news outways good, then surely that's a reflection of the reality for those who wish to post on the forum?

Let's keep the good stories coming by all means, that's the reality for some,  but if some opinions are negative well that's the reality for some also.  As caring people, I hope that along with celebrating the good, we can do what we can to improve the lot for those wronged?."

So Goodstich and Norman, please explain what it is that you don't get about the fact there IS  already a 'bad news in spain' thread and it's separate from the 'good news in spain' thread. The clue is in the titles and the incessant hijacking of the good news thread is pig headed and rude. I started off having sympathy with you but now you're getting on my nerves so much I'm not sure. If the people who want to talk about their good news went off and started their own web site, no doubt you would hijack that too. Not only that Norman, but your arrogance at judging other peoples good news as trivial says a lot about what sort of person you are.

As I once said, how would you feel if people kept hijacking the 'justice' threads with good news - that won't be a problem though because I imagine people will stop bothering to log on if you keep this up - Justin, you might want to intervene for the good of the site

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 5:57 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

I am confused again.

why do people insist on abusing the victims on this forum??????

how can that possibly be good news???????????

what state of mind is required to do this??????????

firstly we were judged STUPID - IGNORANT - LEFT YOUR BRAINS ON THE PLANE

now I am  PIG HEADED AND RUDE and an ARROGANT HI-JACKER

all because I am eager to hear of good news with some substance

if people are secure and happy why oh why do they have to engage in this nonsense?????????

can they not just celebrate and share their good fortune??????

how secure is their happiness if a few words on a thread can threaten it??????

or do they get some sort of ego fix by behaving badly?????

answers please - good news only

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 6:16 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Sorry Norman, it was Tish who said Sue's good news was trivial, but the point itself was a valid one as it's the attitudes of 2 or 3 well known individuals l wanted to protest against.

You do ask, why the victim are abused on this thread. The answer is simple, 'victims' should be posting on appropriate threads, not spoiling a good news thread for others and If people get tetchy, it's because there are some who's attitudes would test the patience of a saint.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 6:38 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

otivar2010

While it's great to see good news, without accepting positive and negative replys to 'good news'  posts, it's a one sided discussion. If that's what you want, then fair enough, but don't expect everyone to see it as OK.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 6:43 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Otivar,

I appreciate that some patience is required in dealing with the elderly, nevertheless you do not answer the point.

I simply miss the money and opportunity I have lost, since it represented a substantial part of my life's savings but I retain my interest in Spain and will be spending more holidays there, though not in the planned place.

I get some simple second-hand pleasure from other people's success stories.

Yet you abuse me and wish to ban me from the forum and you are not alone.

The only fault I will admit to is that I am now very sensitive to all forms of spin and exaggeration, in fact I generally refuse to accept it except in the form of mild enthusiasm.

When it comes to outright bullsh*t I can be quite negative.

However I am totally unable to comprehend how my few miserable words can affect your happy position - it just is not sensible, I am afraid.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 6:54 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Otivar it was Norman who said it was trivial, quote '' you have to admit that the "good news" has been a bit trivial in the main,

I did point this out to him but once again he chose to ignore me, deciding he has the right to choose what is important enough to be regarded as good news...Norman thats arrogant

I'm some what in agreement with you, Ovitar when you day I started off having sympathy with you but now you're getting on my nerves so much I'm not sure. 

I said I for one am loosing track.....I'm away to lie down for a while, not quite sure if I am tired or bored by it all.

Now I know I am bored by it all and would not be surprised if those who have sympathy are now out numbered by those who have had enough.....commonly known as the silent majority.

Norman and Co. get on with the rest of your lifes, you may be elderly but I don't think you are stupid,  everyone agrees if you get justice you deserve it but there comes a time when you just got to move on.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 7:11 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear Redsam,

what is wrong with you????

Are you sure you are not clinically ill???????????

I think you should see someone

Good luck

Norman

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 8:38 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

There is nothing wrong with redsam Norman, though he may be so exasperated that his last post was not his clearest. I think people may have got to the point that there is no point explaning to you why they feel you are spoiling the thread. Yes you must have had a difficult time, but more and more people are saying your comments are inappropriate for this thread, yet the more you post them. I think there is a diagnosis for people who feel they are right and everybody else is wrong, but I'm not an expert. You're not an expert on Spain, just an expert on your own life and problems. You refer to bullsh*t and spin, but what people are talking about are their own experiences but you seem to want to decide which are valid and which are not - it's not your place to do so.

Every other post seems to be from you, and since the thread title is 'good news in spain' and you don't have any, what have you got to post about - can't you just read other peoples without spoiling them. Either that or start your own thread, with your own title, though I doubt you'd do that, becuase you enjoy spoiling this one too much.

Like many others, I can enjoy good news in Spain, without it having to be major successes or the resolving of big issues. For Sue it might be that she can afford to go for coffee with friends (in the sun) more often than she could in the UK, for me it might having a cheap meal and enjoying be the scenery and people around our village. It doesn't have to be vetted by any cynical people looking over our shoulders and approving or otherwise. I'm sure lots of people have pleasant (but not earth shattering) comments and stories but are put off submitting them because of the tone that you and others have brought to the thread.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 9:00 PM by wend691 Star rating in Lincoln & Rojales (C.... 179 posts Send private message

OH BOY!!!!!!

WHY cant the 'good news' thread focus on peoples 'good news' experiences in Spain (whatever they be) and the 'bad news' thread allow people to voice their concerns and share their experiences ?? The mixing of the two topics clearly doesnt work and, as already mentioned by others, to be blunt is becoming tiresome to say the least.

I have empathy for people who have lost money and have had their dreams / goals shattered by the system in Spain and I go to the 'bad news' thread to read what is happening. 

I read the 'good news' thread to enjoy some uplifting stories and comments from others .... and although I try and ignore some comments, thats easier said than done isnt it?

Oh well ....

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 9:40 PM by otivar2010 Star rating in Otivar (Granada Prov.... 65 posts Send private message

otivar2010´s avatar

Exactly Wendy, there are threads for all sorts of subjects, but some people just want to hijack the good stuff because of their own bad experiences. I think you're wasting your time asking for them to be kept separate, because although you are reasonable, some people are not.

If you started another thread entitled 'this time, nothing but good news please', Norman and others would be onto it like a shot to change the theme or criticise those who were posting - Norman et al, it's not all about you. But please don't let it put you off posting nice stuff, even if it's only small things. I love hearing about other peoples pleasant experiences, it makes me want to do the same.

Some people will no doubt say 'it's ok for you but we can't enjoy our Spanish dream - BUT THAT IS FOR ANOTHER THREAD.

I have hundreds of photos (and countless memories) of lovely times in Span - fiestas, meals out, random acts of friendliness from Spanish people etc, so it will take more than the negativity imposed on this thread by the usual suspects, to spoil those for me.

This message was last edited by otivar2010 on 29/06/2010.

Like 0      
29 Jun 2010 10:38 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

Good News Spain has a better football team than England , and are in the next round after beating portugal 1-0

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | ... | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs - 5 posts
Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 427

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x