JUSTIN--HELP NEEDED WITH MY PMs

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I received TWO email notifications this morning but there's nothing there!

---------------------------------------

Eye on Spain member, anita28, has left you a private message at Eye on Spain.

You can read this message at:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/pm/

NOTE: You will need to be logged in as member 'morerosado' to read the message.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 10:48 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

More

I think Anta28 was a Sengalise woman "spamming'' for a man

i guess the PM was removed by the EOS

Didn't even get a chance to check her out!!!!!!!!!!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 10:53 AM by tonynault Star rating in Stockport & Cox!. 88 posts Send private message

tonynault´s avatar

More, believe me you don't need to read those particular pm's!! I was going to post about our "friend" anita28 myself, I too had two pm's from her? last night. Seems she/he had been reading my profile and had decided that we were made for each other and all I had to do was send him/her a reply to his/her e.mail address to "take our relationship" to the next stage!!!!

Seems she/he is "looking for love", and is not some scam designed to gather a personal e.mail address from you/me!!

On a serious note this is not the first time I've had this kind of thing happen. On another site(a language exchange site) the same thing happened, a strange e.mail telling me they had read my profile and wanted to get to know me better! I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here not to respond to these requests and the fact that more than one of us has been contacted in this way tells you all you need to know!

Tony.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 10:57 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, I saw this this morning and deleted all PMs sent by this user.  45 were sent in total.

It doesn't happen very often to us as our system is a bespoke one instead of the off-the-shelf type forums that you get.  It means that they don't have algorithms which can spam our system.  They would be doing it by hand, hence only 45 sent!

Hopefully these will be very rare occurences.  They are annoying but it's simply part of life online.  Most of know to ignore message like these.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 11:08 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ok guys thanks. I wondered if it was because I've not bothered to spend ages deleting unwanted or answered PMs of which there are MANY!

Anita wanted More? Didn't she realise I'm a woman?  Aha, after More's millions obviously.  Yes, I get many into my spam mail from the likes of Anita. However, as I hadn't seen the PMs I wasn't aware what they were.

Thanks!

Like 0      
03 Jun 2010 1:43 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We had the same pm from Anita28 this morning. Mike was quite cross but I couldn't stop laughing. Like More we get a lot of spam emails  but haven't had any problem with the pm system here before. I did comment that he might be on to a good thing there but not sure that he saw the funny side!!

G+M

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Telefonica Sim - i phone - 7 posts
day trip to tangiers - 6 posts
Aircon San Javier area - 1 posts
LHD FORD MONDEO GHIA 2.0CC PETROL AUTOMATIC FOR SALE 2002 - 2 posts
7,000 posts! - 26 posts
endesa electrical supply Spain bad service - 0 posts
tax relief when renting in Spain - 0 posts
RHD car in Malaga area - 2 posts
Exchange Rate in Mojacar - 2 posts
Community Data Protection charge from administrator - 6 posts
Whats coming up in the Murcia region - 9 posts
Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment - 11 posts
Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts
Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x