Cheapest broadband in Spain at the moment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I have just added a new blog post showing a comparison of the main broadband providers in Spain.  Tele 2 have come out the cheapest by quite a margin.  More details in my blog here.

Cheers

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 11:19 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Sanchez

Great, just what I've been looking for, will report back if i know something you don't

Steve

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 11:57 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Sanchez

Had a quick look at the top 3, still so confusing, I need 6meg adsl, cheap calls, line rental, wireless router and although my Spanish is geting better, someone to talk to in English if it turns into a 'gran problema'

Any ideas

Steve

Like 0      
02 Jun 2010 12:30 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Hi Team GB,

Had a quick look at the top 3, still so confusing, I need 6meg adsl, cheap calls, line rental, wireless router and although my Spanish is geting better, someone to talk to in English if it turns into a 'gran problema'

My wife is Spanish so I let her handle all this sort of stuff! 

I've realised in Spain that it is not always best to go with the cheapest option.  We ended up getting Vodafone Broadband/Phone for 43 euros per month (line rental, ADSL, 16 hours of Vodafone and Landline calls per month).  What I liked about Vodafone is that they have physical stores where you can go if there is a problem.  Call centres whether they be in Spain of the UK can be frustrating.  I think the cheapest ADSL suppliers such as Tele 2 and Jazztel don't have physical stores as far as I'm aware, which would put me off.  I guess that's how they keep their costs down.

I know that Vodafone definitely have English speaking customer services staff.  Not sure about the others.

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 10:34 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Sanchez

Weighing it all up I think I will sign up with Vodafone, they even let you use the internet free via dongle until they can supply/install equipment, downside is you have to sign up for 18 months.

Found this hard to find English page on Vodafone es, might be helpful to someone.

http://www.vodafone.es/idioma/ingles/internet/adsl/

s

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 1:39 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I think you've probably made a good choice.  I've had no problems with our Vodafone ADSL and we get a very reliable 2Mb.  Not great, but that's Spain for you!

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 2:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Cheapest isn't necessarily the best all round especially if you have a problem & need English speaking staff & English speaking (even English) technicians. We're with  http://mybubble.es/ who have an office by the Park of All Nations in Torrevieja, very handy. As we opted for the internet & phone package we get 1500 free mins a month to landlines in Europe so we call their office free too. When we arrived last week we found our internet & phone were down, called Natalie in Bubble's office on our mobile & she could see our number come up on her display so, when my OH said 'please ring me Natalie' she just repeated our mobile number to check it then called straight back then engineer came pretty much when WE wanted him to, which was actually after 4pm as we needed to go out..

Don't ask me techy stuff but we are happy & I can Skype with webcam (I use wifi here so I have options to be most places in the house & on our terraces too).

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 4:48 PM by Tamsin Star rating. 169 posts Send private message

For Vodaphone that's 34 Euros a month .   I 'll never be able to afford that when I retire . Here's hoping it will reduce quite substantially in the next few years.    How will I survive without the Internet ?

Like 0      
04 Jun 2010 4:57 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Tasmin

But remember the Vodafones 34e per month includes the line rental normally charged separately by either the provider or Telefonica at around 13e. I can't find a cheaper package at the moment.

S

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 9:18 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

There's skynetlink but they only cover these areas  http://www.skynetlink.com/internet_zona_cobertura.php

& it costs 24e per mth without having to use a landline. The office is in Catral & I understand there's Scottish guy who is very helpful.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 12:35 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I personally wouldn't touch any of these smaller broadband providers.  There's too many fly by night operators on the Costas.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 9:27 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

There`re a lot of British expats who live in Catral or nearby are happy with the service.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Batteries in Spain - 7 posts
Ideas for my band - 5 posts
Hello, new here. - 9 posts
The tooth fairy visits again - 2 posts
Eatigng out in Rhonda - 0 posts
Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 11 posts
Strike in Spain on 8th June 2010 - 7 posts
Which is the best way from england to spain by car - 3 posts
art classes and courses in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Your chosen weapon of defence? - 11 posts
Has any one taken a bank to court for non-payment of community Fees - 1 posts
Dogs on beaches - 9 posts
Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts
Can a Licence of First Occupation be revoked? - 0 posts
Flamenco Shoes for a Newborn? - 6 posts
Day Trip to Tangier, Morocco - 7 posts
Technical query - is it possible to attach a sound file to a post? - 0 posts
guitarist and 2 backing singers needed - 0 posts
San Javier 2010 Jazz, Soul & Blues Festival - 15 posts
finca woking partner wanted - 0 posts
Advertising when selling - 2 posts
ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion - 2 posts
painting tutors required - 2 posts
Advice/info, please. - 7 posts
Watchdog on Thursday 3rd June: demolitions in Spain, at 8pm UK/9pm Spain - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x