Dogs on beaches

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 May 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi,

Can anyone tell me please if dogs are allowed on the beaches of the Costa del Sol. I used to take mine walking on Cabopino Beach but heard today that a neigbour was fined 150 euros for walking her dogs on the beach? What are the laws regarding this please?

Jane

Like 0      
31 May 2010 6:49 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I've been told by one policeman that the law states that dogs are not allowed on the beach during summer, but it is ok in winter, as long as your dog doesn't foul on the beach.

However, another policeman told me that along some less frequented stretches of beach, that you can get away with it.

Then again, when I spoke to a friend of mine who is a dog owner, he seemed to think that it is not allowed at any time of year!?!?!?!

Both policemen were dog owners, by the way!!!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 31/05/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 May 2010 6:54 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Ah!

Some dogs which are considered dangerous breeds are required by law to wear muzzles when in public, even on the beach or in the campo.

So your friend might have been fined if one, or both of the dogs they were walking, was required to wear a muzzle and wasn't.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
31 May 2010 7:21 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

As with other laws this does not seem to apply to the Spanish who just please themselves even though there is a sign on our beach prohibiting dogs at all times. The problem is there is noone to police it.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 9:43 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

It is normally something to do with the blue flag award criteria. Dogs normally are prohibited from mid May until the end of September.

Mark

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 8:25 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

07 Jun 2010 11:43 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Amatista,

We also like to walk our Dog in the Cabopino beach area but we are aware that the Police are enforcing the local By Law that bans dogs from the beaches the whole year round. It's a bit of a lottery I would guess wether you are caught and fined by the Police?

No doubt the recession will encourage the Councils to enforce this Law with more Gusto!!

Mike T

Like 0      
07 Jun 2010 11:43 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Amatista,

We also like to walk our Dog in the Cabopino beach area but we are aware that the Police are enforcing the local By Law that bans dogs from the beaches the whole year round. It's a bit of a lottery I would guess wether you are caught and fined by the Police?

No doubt the recession will encourage the Councils to enforce this Law with more Gusto!!

Mike T

Like 0      
08 Jun 2010 8:49 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Exactly Mike. My dogs were due to  have a ´photo shoot´ at the beach so they could be on the PADS calendar next year, as they are both rescue dogs, but a lady told us in our complex that her friend had been fined €1,100 for having her dogs on Cabopino Beach. Not worth the risk - I have told the dogs ´If you´re caught on the beach´ we will have to chuck you back in the basura we found you in! (Joke, just a joke).

Like 0      
08 Jun 2010 10:25 PM by passion Star rating in Estepona. 15 posts Send private message

Much to my dog's disgust, they are not allowed on the beach at any time of year. However, where I live, the risk of seeing a policeman is only high between June and September. I go very early or very late with my dog so that he can have his swim!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank Guarantee Success - Medina Elvira Suites - Thanks Maria and Team! - 4 posts
Can a Licence of First Occupation be revoked? - 0 posts
Flamenco Shoes for a Newborn? - 6 posts
Day Trip to Tangier, Morocco - 7 posts
Technical query - is it possible to attach a sound file to a post? - 0 posts
guitarist and 2 backing singers needed - 0 posts
San Javier 2010 Jazz, Soul & Blues Festival - 15 posts
finca woking partner wanted - 0 posts
Advertising when selling - 2 posts
ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion - 2 posts
painting tutors required - 2 posts
Advice/info, please. - 7 posts
Watchdog on Thursday 3rd June: demolitions in Spain, at 8pm UK/9pm Spain - 17 posts
Hire Car - Warning Triangle, Jackets and First Aid Box - 20 posts
Mr Singh's - Rojales - 3 posts
Reputable car dealers in Valencia - 7 posts
Taking a bank to court - 10 posts
Hi Im JO - 1 posts
Endesa news - 6 posts
BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x