ADVICE NEEDED - Martinsa Fadesa - forced completion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2010 12:00 AM by CS Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

In 2006 we put 56k euros deposit on an apartment on Costa Esuri. To cut a long story short the company Martinsa Fadesa went into administration in 2008 and although our apartment was finished shortly after the quality is poor and the company has not delivered as expected so we have not completed. The company should have completed the apartment in April 2007. There is no chance that the property will ever look as it should and as the company is in administration the owners are having to do everything for themselves.

In fact we had pretty much written everything off. We told our solicitor - a local one in Ayamonte to cancel the contract but the company says this has not happened. The solicitor does not respond unless pressed to any email and we have heard nothing for about a year. We have now had a formal letter from MF telling us to complete on the 15th June or they will take us through the courts to recover their costs on behalf of the creditors. Can they force us to complete - we have no longer any funds in Spain and our situation has now changed. I just want to walk away.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 10:21 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Hi CS,

You will probably get alot of acvice here but I think you need to find a solicitor you can trust to help you out, depends what is in the contract and whether you can claim they have broken the contract and sucessfully defend your claim. If you are like most of us you probably did not read the small print and trusted your solictor at the time. Take advice because you can not just walk away or claim you have no funds in Spain.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but don't bury your head in the sand.

Cheers and good luck.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
31 May 2010 11:01 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear CS:

If there are breaches by Martinsa Fadesa which could back a cancellation by yourself ( lack of quality, squared meters, advertised facilities... or any other)  I would advise you to put an action in Courts for cancellation before they start the action against you.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

painting tutors required - 2 posts
Advice/info, please. - 7 posts
Watchdog on Thursday 3rd June: demolitions in Spain, at 8pm UK/9pm Spain - 17 posts
Hire Car - Warning Triangle, Jackets and First Aid Box - 20 posts
Mr Singh's - Rojales - 3 posts
Reputable car dealers in Valencia - 7 posts
Taking a bank to court - 10 posts
Hi Im JO - 1 posts
Endesa news - 6 posts
BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts
insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts
Getaway Earth Update - 0 posts
I'm proud of my nieces, they did this for charity, look! (AND HAD FUN!) - 7 posts
General Heads Up Needed - BARCELONA - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x