Endesa news

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Has anyone heard about Endesa´s attempts to get more money from an unsuspecting public by charging for some sort of electricity meter/box? Apparently customers will have to pay up to €45 for the box, and if they don´t get it by November they will be cut off.

Any news about this would be most welcome as Endesa seem be keeping us all in the dark as usual (no pun intended).

Jane

Like 0      
28 May 2010 5:13 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

This is what I read and don't know if it is a similar thing.  because Endesa does not now have the monopoly re. the country's electricity supply and we now have the choice to stay with them or choose another company endesa have stated that you have to sign a new contract if you want to stay with them and if you don't they will add a fine each month to your account culminating with disconnection in October if you don't.  Re the other thing are you sure it is a meter or is it the connection that is put in your trip switch box. we have one and if we use too many appliances in one go we will get the odd switches tripping, so we have learned what to use and when. It is deliberate and I don't think it is a bad thing, if it helps with keeping the overload of electricity regulated.  If I am wrong about any of this can somebody please put me right.

Kathy

Like 0      
28 May 2010 7:49 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Have you ever uprated your main fuse?

If you haven't. then the problem you have is that you only have a 20 Amp main fuse, as fitted by Endesa. Thus when the amperage exceeds the maximum load, then your trip switch does it's job.

You need to uprate your main fuse to at least a 40 Amp, however if you have anyone other than Endesa do this, then Endesa will fine you if they find out! A very big if as they will never go inside your house unless you ask them.

The other problem, is that your tariff will be 2.0A, which is the cheaper tariff. If you ask Endesa to uprate your fuse, then you will go on a higher usage tariff, but again only if you ask Endesa to do it.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 May 2010 7:57 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Amatista,

I've heard something about these 'steel boxes' that Endesa are charging customers for.

A friend of mine had his meter removed by Endesa because he hadn't paid his bills, and after he paid his bills he was told that he would also have to pay a reconnection fee, and a fee for Endesa to fit a new metal box!

Apparently, this new box is to stop anyone tampering with the meter... including the owner I would have thought.

Our contract with them ends in July, so I might switch supplier.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 28/05/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
29 May 2010 9:32 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Yes, changing a supplier is an option but you may be worse off? I just wish they would inform everyone of their plans, instead of us just hearing it on the grapevine!

Thanks for your reply, and maybe Endesa will let us know what is happening soon.

Jane

Like 0      
30 May 2010 11:10 AM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Thanks from me also.  As you say not enough information is given, in the UK it is called the mushroom effect   (keeping you in the dark )   as you also remarked  Amatista,  no pun intended.

Kathy

Like 0      
06 Jul 2010 4:36 PM by andrea_p Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi - having been away for a while, I would appreciate any more information about the new Endesa boxes and the new contracts that need to be signed. Also would love to hear if anyone has successfully switched providers, and if so what the process would be!

Thanks, Andrea

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BBC One HD Coming soon....to digital satellite - 10 posts
OKI TV - 2 posts
Driving to Spain - 2 posts
Success of international operations against Mafia in Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Help......Forgot middle name when booking my flight with Ryanair - 4 posts
HELP NEEDED - 19 posts
insect bites, any advice? - 22 posts
Chevorlet Matiz For sale, lady owner,full service history - 1 posts
Developers have gone into liquidation with our deposit - 18 posts
Van Rental San Francisco - 1 posts
Van Rental - 1 posts
Toyota RAV 4 For Sale - 0 posts
400 Posts! - 2 posts
Getaway Earth Update - 0 posts
I'm proud of my nieces, they did this for charity, look! (AND HAD FUN!) - 7 posts
General Heads Up Needed - BARCELONA - 0 posts
New here... old to Spain - 3 posts
wanted - writing bureau - 0 posts
IVA / VAT - an optional tax! - 4 posts
Help! House Falling Down! - 4 posts
Looking for playlist for spanish radio station (Kiss FM) - 7 posts
Instant Access Properties Limited - 0 posts
Has anybody eaten at the Fondue Lounge in Elviria? - 4 posts
Sightseeing in Seville... - 6 posts
Habitation certificate - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x