World Cup 2010 thread

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 May 2010 12:00 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

The Spain squad has just been announced.  More details here

The only real surprise is that Senna hasn't been included.  I would have taken him personally.  I wonder how fit Torres is as well...

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
31 May 2010 8:55 PM by bluefox Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

well, i reckon england is a no hoper, beating japan 2 - 1 without scoring a goal !........not very encouraging, commissaration's to whoever draw them in a sweep, the so called great lampard aka "lamp's" should av gone to specsaver's......can't even score from the spot......again !...... viva espania !

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 8:13 AM by bakeja Star rating in Manilva. 49 posts Send private message

England were pretty mediocre.  On the plus side, Capello has a history of delivering his teams when they matter and not bothering too much with warm-ups, friendlies.  The performance level will be much higher during the tournament.  On the downside it is not great to go into a tournament with so many question marks in key areas: central midfield in absence of Barry, who will be goalie?, who partner Rooney?  My personal preference would be for Joe Hart in goal, the usual back 4, Carrick in midfield until Barry is back alongside Joe Cole, Lampard and Lennon with Gerard up with Rooney.

Chances - about 10-1.  I am most interested to see how Argentina get on - with Messi and some of their other players they should be real contenders.  Spain have a great chance as well.

Advoco Law & Accountancy

Latest article: Guide to Spain's Autonomo System

Like 0      
01 Jun 2010 1:13 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I think England have a really good chance of going all the way.  I don't think we've had better teams over the last 20 years, but we have got the England best manager since Bobby Robson.

I had quite fancied Spain, until someone pointed out that they could meet Brazil in the second round...

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for guest for TV show in Croatia - 0 posts
car hire alicante to benidorm - 4 posts
Sending documents internationally - 6 posts
Furnitures - 4 posts
Football in La Cala - 2 posts
Mijas Golf to Alhaurin - 0 posts
How nice is your Spanish Property? - 39 posts
HELP! How do I...? - 4 posts
What are the elements for Breach of Contract in Spain? - 4 posts
I'm looking for work in Madrid - 3 posts
Atlas/Arroca - 0 posts
whole life insurance - 4 posts
Unpaid community fees - 6 posts
Where to invest £1000 for daughter? - 17 posts
Help again?????? - 0 posts
Your valuable advice please - 3 posts
Watch This Thread-LOVE IT! - 6 posts
Dipping toes in water - 2 posts
I want to buy Champion League Final Ticket 2010 (Match date 22 May 2010)? Plz help - 0 posts
Items for sale - 3 posts
Buying Wines - 0 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Jumping over babies - 6 posts
THAT IS IT! - 3 posts
Re: non-residency status certificate - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x