How nice is your Spanish Property?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2010 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Many people ask me about the Spanish property that I own and what is it like, to wit I say "Nice!".

Further, many people also seem to think that all property in Spain are of 'rubbish build' quality.

So I thought I'd start this thread, were we can all talk about how nice our Spanish properties are, and indeed post pictures, etc!

This is a picture from our Urb.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 19/05/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
19 May 2010 1:44 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TechNo

could you post an area of scrub land please  That can represent the thousands who's place never even got built, or got bulldozed down!

Like 0      
19 May 2010 1:44 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

Mine is still covered in damp patches, has turned green on the outside and stinks at the moment, but then that's my landlord's problem, not mine.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 2:13 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

can someone tell me briefly how to insert a picture please......not working!!

and Techno.....you should know better than to post anything nice or positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message was last edited by georgia on 19/05/2010.

This message was last edited by georgia on 19/05/2010.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 2:50 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

This is my little slice of Spain - particularly like the hammock in the garden where I had a wee snooze this lunchtime!

Georgia - after you click the picture icon you need to click browse server and then at the bottom of the page upload your photos and then you should be able to insert them OK.

If I can do it anyone can!!

Like 0      
19 May 2010 3:03 PM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Dear All,

what a good thread, how lucky, more please.

Regards

Norman

Like 0      
19 May 2010 3:08 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

This is my favourite place right now and for the next few hours

Someone's gotta do it

Like 0      
19 May 2010 3:13 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks Claire,

My little piece of heaven.

(I took this 2 months ago and look at the colour of the sky!!!!)

Like 0      
19 May 2010 5:04 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Excellent idea for a thread.  Here's my little place of tranquility ... wish i was there now 

Like 0      
19 May 2010 5:36 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TP1

wow, that looks nice!.  Sort of place i'd love, (if we ever get our life's savings back?)  Shame to have to have iron bars on the windows though.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 6:00 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

This is our place, haven't been there in a while though!

Like 0      
19 May 2010 6:06 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

goodstich44,

Why thank you  .  

Yes, the security grills took some getting used too, but on a positive note, do allow you to leave the windows open 24/7.  

Very best of luck in resolving your ongoing problems successfully and you obtaining your place in the sun in the not too distant future.  

I always try to remember how lucky i am.  It is my mum's legacy to me.  Just wish she was here to enjoy it too!  But atleast it provides a lovely memory. 

Like 0      
19 May 2010 6:32 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TP1

yes, I see what you mean with the windows.

Thanks for the kind words, and I hope you and all others who have posted pic's get lots of enjoyment from your 'places in the sun'.

That's  some legacy, but I know what you mean about your mum enjoying it too, and I'm glad you appriciate how lucky you are. So easy for us all to take things for granted, when things are going right for us.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 6:48 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

@ TP1

do you leave the windows open 24/7?

We donn't dare that.  We have got "visitors" when we went out to the restaurant. So everytime we leave, we close all windows and  shutters with the securitylock.

Nice properties.  I try to put on a photo of ours.

Like 0      
19 May 2010 6:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

What an absolutely great thread! 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 May 2010 12:07 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Great thread, this is our home complete with washing line as the wife has just pointed out, one of the best bits about our house is that the main bedroom and bathroom are right at the top of the house, when friends and family come they have the bottom so we don't have to see them until lunchtime, ha ha

s

This message was last edited by Team GB on 20/05/2010.

Like 0      
20 May 2010 9:45 AM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

lomasgirl

Yes, when we are around we tend to leave windows open 24/7 ...  but if we did have any unwanted guests then they would have to get past the security grills and the front gates and i guess this wouldn't be easy for a casual burglar.  But, luckily, i feel very secure in my area of Calpe and as we are off the beaten track we dont tend to see strangers lurking around. Probably just as safe, maybe even safer, than I feel at home in the UK to be honest. 

How awful for you to get burglars whilst out at a restaurant ... scum bags!  ...  I dont blame you for locking up each time you leave.  It must take a long time to get over something like that.

Oh and TechNoApe,  your pool looks lovely and inviting .... with temperatures of 21 degs today it makes me want to jump in now! (Ps. and thats 21 in the UK  ... no really! ... I trying to make the most of it it can't last )

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:53 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

I'm really glad that people like this thread, as there is so much 'doom and gloom' around still, that I thought we all needed a bit of a lift.

Love the pics... please keep 'em coming!

TP1,

Yes! It is a shame to have security grills over windows, especially on such a beautiful property such as yours, however as you said you can leave the windows open all day, and even at night, which during the long hot summers is great!

We have had security shutters put in front of the doors to our Terrace last winter, for the very same reason. Don't need them during the winter, but it's going to be great having them this summer. The ones we have roll back and fold, so during the day when they are open, you don't even know you have them!

Another thought, why don't we put up pics with the view from our terraces, gardens, pools, etc. I've got a great one from our roof terrace! Will find it later and put it up.

PS. Yes! The temp in the UK is getting up there, and tomorrow it is set to be a hot 25 degrees in the south, so make the most of it as it will be going back down to normal temps around Tuesday next week! Get those barbies out!!!!

PPS. It reached 28 degrees late yesterday afternoon, and with no breeze it did feel hot, so we used the pool and it was great, but a bit nippy still if you stayed in too long (didn't think two hours straight was too long) and then retired to the hot tub!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
20 May 2010 1:09 PM by TP1 Star rating in Milton Keynes and Ca.... 161 posts Send private message

Terrace pics too?

Now you talking ...

Now i am really 'Spanish' Home Sick ... roll on August ...

Ps. TechNoApe you poor thing having to put up with 28 degrees! At least you got that  lovely Pool ... plus Hot tub ... bah humbug ... i not jealous really ... stuck in my Milton Keynes stuffy office   ....  Definately roll on August ...

Like 0      
20 May 2010 1:12 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

What an interesting post!

We live in a tiny mountain village and our house is very old. It was utterly run down and dilapidated when we bought it 6 years ago, but we've got it pretty much sorted now. (Apart from the recurring damp patches, a leak in the roof that we can't find, etc.)

This is a 'Before' pic:

Garden - back of house

And this is the same view 'After':

Garden after

Of course there's still loads to do, but isn't there always? And it's not a bit like those lovely, sophisticated houses pictured above. But when we sit in the garden listening to the village mule calling to his girlfriend, hearing the cuckoo in the valley and watching the swallows overhead, we really feel as though we're in paradise...

Victoria 

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP! How do I...? - 4 posts
What are the elements for Breach of Contract in Spain? - 4 posts
I'm looking for work in Madrid - 3 posts
Atlas/Arroca - 0 posts
whole life insurance - 4 posts
Unpaid community fees - 6 posts
Where to invest £1000 for daughter? - 17 posts
Help again?????? - 0 posts
Your valuable advice please - 3 posts
Watch This Thread-LOVE IT! - 6 posts
Dipping toes in water - 2 posts
I want to buy Champion League Final Ticket 2010 (Match date 22 May 2010)? Plz help - 0 posts
Items for sale - 3 posts
Buying Wines - 0 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Jumping over babies - 6 posts
THAT IS IT! - 3 posts
Re: non-residency status certificate - 16 posts
The Great Siesta Debate - 3 posts
Jerez airport - parking - 3 posts
bus routes going through San Cayetano - 1 posts
Santander to San javier - 16 posts
Little Old Men - 4 posts
Question for Justin - 2 posts
painting holidays in spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x