Unpaid community fees

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2010 12:00 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

I am the president of a small community of 20 houses.  I allowed one unemployed family to pay by 12 instalments of 25€.  They have made only 1 payment, what action can the Community take to recover the the balance of fees due (275€).

Any information would be a help.

Like 0      
18 May 2010 6:29 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Unfortunately you cannot take any direct action such as curtailing any community services.

You can 'name and shame' debtors, providing this is done within the community and cannot be viewed by any member of the public from outside the community.

The only other action you can take is to go to the 'Small Claims Court; which will be quicker than the normal courts, as you can get them into a court date within 3 - 4 months. But unless you can get the Judge to include the court costs into the Judgement against them, which seeing as they are unemployed I can't see a Judge doing so, then you got to ask yourself: "Is it worth it!"

Wow! 6000€ per year seems very, very low for community fees! I would have thought you would pay more than that for community water, electricity and admin fees for 20 houses. We pay 103€ per month for one of my properties, which is in a small urb. of 33 houses. On that Urb. our community bills and sink fund come to 40,788€ per year.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
20 May 2010 7:56 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

It is certainly a very small amount right now, but you can certainly start by claiming out of court ( through yours or the Community´s lawyer letter) and if not succesful include the topic in the next community meeting. A Judicial trial for this amount is certainly not an option due to associated costs.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 May 2010 9:20 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

6000 per annumfor 20 houses is not that low if there is no lighting, pool area or gardens to maintain & remember 5% goes into the reserve fund

Are your family resident in Spain if so you have to persue via the Spanish court system if they have a property in another European coutry you can ask http://www.communityfees.com to look inot recovering the debt.

But as you are a small urb why not knock on the debtors door and ask if they intend to pay if they answer no tell em you will persue the money via the courts

technoape your fees seems very high for a small community do you all have individual pools/lifts cos tis is what takes the cash ? or is your administrator taking you for a ride in fees I live on a community of 36 we pay according to plot size , street lighting, pool & garden maintenence and 5% into the pot  still only commutes to 12500 pa and we have a good reserve to fall back on, you must have a big pot of money with40,00+

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:30 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Believe it or not, it's the normal amount for this area!

We have:

Administrators, Gardeners, Maintenance, Pool Maintenance/Cleaning, Cleaners, Communal Electricity (Lighting and Pool) and Communal Water (Gardens and Pool), Macro Community Fees (Street Lights, Garbage Collection, etc) and Sink Fund.

And yet we still have non-payers, all though thanks to the efforts of our President last year (me!), the non-payers debt to the community were drastically reduced via negotiation. The only debts we have now are people we have no contact details for (as they have moved), so we are trying to track them down in the UK and Ireland as we speak.

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 20/05/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:31 PM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

You need to move further north then

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
22 May 2010 11:19 AM by knj Star rating in Costa Blanca. 79 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the info.  The property is now up for sale, but if they don't pay it will make it harder to sell.

It is a lot cheaper on the Costa Blanca than Costa Del Sol.  Our 3 biggest items are pool cleaning 2000, insurance 1600, electric & water 1000.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Where to invest £1000 for daughter? - 17 posts
Help again?????? - 0 posts
Your valuable advice please - 3 posts
Watch This Thread-LOVE IT! - 6 posts
Dipping toes in water - 2 posts
I want to buy Champion League Final Ticket 2010 (Match date 22 May 2010)? Plz help - 0 posts
Items for sale - 3 posts
Buying Wines - 0 posts
car hire - 0 posts
Jumping over babies - 6 posts
THAT IS IT! - 3 posts
Re: non-residency status certificate - 16 posts
The Great Siesta Debate - 3 posts
Jerez airport - parking - 3 posts
bus routes going through San Cayetano - 1 posts
Santander to San javier - 16 posts
Little Old Men - 4 posts
Question for Justin - 2 posts
painting holidays in spain - 4 posts
AGM Voting - Abstaining? - 11 posts
A Very Dangerous Virus - 11 posts
40K Members on EOS!!!!! - 4 posts
Jet2 abandonement - 1 posts
Spanish tax return completed free of charge - 0 posts
Do you know where this is - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x