Just curious.....

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 May 2010 5:43 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

think we've gone a bit off thread here........

Like 0      
21 May 2010 6:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

whatever it was

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:00 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It was about NOTHING, EVERYTHING, ANYTHING - that's the whole point.

There's a letter in the Sur in English today, reads as follows:

"A lifetime in aviation has taught me many maxims, one of these says that: if a motorcar engine quits you can pull over and open up the bonnet. You can't do that with an aeroplane".

That's it. In it's entirety. No explanation as to why the editor of a newspaper published in Spain for English readers felt that this was a useful inclusion. The letter before it was one of praise for the good job Sur in English does; the one after it the usual claptrap about foreign registered cars in Spain. Complete mystery. Love it!

Spanish language question: how many of you understand the meaning of the Spanish verb "intentar"?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You dragged me away from posting on Facebook to read this, Roberto.  

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

.......and I quit an important game of Solitaire to read your reply. Guess what? Nobody cares.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 May 2010 8:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

WELL I've got a brandy & lemonade, I don't care, going to have my dinner too so THERE!!!!!

Like 0      
21 May 2010 9:31 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

intentaré hacer todo lo posible

try my best?

what's this got to do with the length of Spanish string....... bet you're stringing us along again

Like 0      
21 May 2010 11:10 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Depends on which way you use it! Oo-er Mrs!

But then again, I have been told I'm very trying!!!!

To string or not to string, that is the question.

¡Una carga de bolas de edad!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
22 May 2010 2:13 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Seen the lenght of string in Uk........short, stubby and very white.

Home now with l           o            n         g string and beautifully tanned!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 12:29 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Nothing interesting me on the boards tonight, so thought I'd revive this thread..........

I'm curious to know if this annoys anyone else as much as me: I noticed the other day some moron at the BBC talking about the extremes of temperature our poor pampered footballers are having to endure in South Africa; daytime temperatures can be up in the 70s, but at night it can drop to 5 degrees. WHAT??????

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 12:34 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

And here's More thinking you might wonder IF More attended her AGM yesterday? Yes, I did! I thought about what you said & went.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 2:29 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Roberto, I feel sooooooooooooo sorry for those poor footballers. What with extremes of temperature and the awful injuries they sustain and it's soooooooooooooo hard for them to get that ball in that tiny goal post, it should be much bigger!! AND they are paid peanuts !!

Guess who is not a footie fan????

Good AGM More??

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 2:31 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

And you all must have been curious as to what team I'm supporting in the Football World Cup 2010, what with being a Welshman living on the Costa Del Sol... and really prefer to watch Rugby!

Well....

Actually I support Spain but also England... What!!! Yes!!!! I do!

And for me, the best final will be Spain v England.

I'll then be very happy who ever wins, as we will be watching the match on the terrace, whilst having our BBQ party.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 2:46 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

It shouldn't be THAT difficult to get the ball into the tiny net - lots of the goalies succeed in doing so. (Oops, another own goal!)

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 2:50 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Makes you wonder how they struggle by on £300,000 a month - I would get out of bed for that!!!

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 6:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Good one Sue!

Karen, AGM was actually excellent.  We were in & out inside 45 mins! President didn't turn up as she had a drs appointment so our cute new admin, Jose, took the meeting. He kept to the point on everything but allowed us all ample time to ask questions. He seems very committed to our community doing well, interested in the community which is more than many owners are. He has told us all to put his mobile number in our phones & call him if we need help in any way like trouble with police or needing a translator at Drs etc. He's on the urb at least three times a week & will visit us privately to discuss anything. I think he is the admin for all five Lagomar communities.

The couple with their two yappy dogs from our road didn't attend as they now run a cafe & take their dogs with them. Using ideas the admin suggested during the year we now have almost 14,000€ in the bank (last year 54 properties paid 400€ & we had money over from previous year) so we are only paying 300€ for coming year. There aren't any debtors either. Flowers etc have just been planted by volunteers in the pool area &, as Guardamar town hall haven't been looking after our roundabouts lately because of changing firms, we are all going to clear our two nearest & keep them looking better till that happens. We saw our neighbours with bin bags earlier but you won't get us doing that in the heat.

So, a lot happier. We've retained the same President  & committee though the admin did ask if anyone would like to join the committee. Hubby didn't have to tie my hands down, no way was I interested after the nastiness that happened last year. Anyway they wouldn't like too much change & I would want to implement change on certain elements. Trouble is too many discuss the community then won't stand up & suggest things at meetings except me at the last AGM & I got shot down! I'd quite enjoy writing a newsletter occasionally but would need to work hand in hand with the President who I can't stand. When I suggested it before she said no, she was doing fine, we didn't need that.

Anyway I am not going into it further here. There's huge room for improvement but a total change of President & committee would, I feel, be needed.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 7:52 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

No debtors, money in the bank, a pro-active administrator........what more could you possibly want?

Anyway, this thread is not supposed to be about anything serious like community issues. Did nobody else feel the way I did about the obvious faux pas by the Beeb reporter, when quoting temperature extremes? As a climate change sceptic, it just struck me as an exageration too far. 70 degrees in the day, 5 degrees at night? Whichever scale you use, (my point being, in case anyone is still unsure, that you must surely use one or the other but not both) you could reasonably expect a fair few of our footballers to have expired before tomorrow night's game.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 7:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aw Roberto, it was just a little thread drift & this thread is full of drifts!   Anyway Karensun asked me!

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 10:02 PM by ads Star rating. 4122 posts Send private message

Good to know I'm not the only one that drifts occasionally.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 9:15 AM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Roberto

I have lived in South africa and can assure you those figures will be correct it is winter there now and gets very cold at night in the northern areas

Edit

sorry she was using both scales

see below

Johannesburg, South Africa
Temperature (Fahrenheit)
  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
High 77 75 74 69 66 60 61 65 71 73 74 76
Low 60 59 58 53 48 42 42 46 51 54 56 59
Temperature (Celsius)
  Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
High 25 23 23 20 18 15 16 18 21 22 23 24
Low 15 15 14 11 8 5 5

This message was last edited by fpegman on 18/06/2010.

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Schools in/around Manilva - 0 posts
Bank charges - 4 posts
i need to swap my rhd for lhd. - 1 posts
Greece seals rescue deal with EU and IMF - 2 posts
Bus trips to Gibraltar - 14 posts
does any one know were i can buy a jet ski from - 3 posts
amber pools - 6 posts
Pets - 10 posts
Hola from Madrid - 9 posts
buyer or seller to pay yearly IBI? - 1 posts
Sofa shop/warehouse - 3 posts
selling without an agent or solicitor - 2 posts
Appliances - 5 posts
Looking for Dave in Dolores in the orange grove - 3 posts
Happy May Day, what do YOU remember about your childhood days - 0 posts
Good restuarants in Mazarron and Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Rebooking on Monarch (after the volcano) - 4 posts
Sony SET TV on TDT gone. - 8 posts
Deeds for properties on Camposol - 12 posts
Fridge with Small Separate Top Freezer - Aspes - 0 posts
OK, own up, who posts from work? :-)))))))))) - 19 posts
And we thought the spanish where Bad Drivers! - 3 posts
La Renta Tax - 0 posts
CHARO, Formentera del Segura - 13 posts
Friday Golf Society - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 139

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x