Live Entertainment v CD (Costa Clueless)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

A couple of weeks ago I am with a bar-restaurant owner, encouraging mister and missus to consider the proven profits and customer building potential of playing live music; especially if it is well advertised, which in our case comes free with every gig booked.

She replied it was cheaper to put a CD on. Still wondering why the Costa’s dead? My riposte: “Next time I need a meal I will shove a couple of euros is the vending machine for a coke and crisps.”

The place in question is just a stroll away from a bar where my gigsters were playing to a packed house last night. So, I strolled along to peek through the windows of Mr. and Mrs Clueless. Their venue was like a morgue; seven miserable looking customers who, as soon as their meal is down their necks will head for a venue showing live music – taking their money with them.

I know of another (ex) restaurant owner: Took a half page advert in a newspaper and didn’t include the address. It could have been anywhere between Cartagena and Santa Pola. Who would know? That restaurant has gone tits up too. Surprised? The Costa Clueless.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      
24 Apr 2010 2:42 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

Hio Mike

I must say that I agree with you ,I am amazed at the adverts fot bars and restuarants that do not include the address they must think that everyone knows where they are as you say Clueless

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2010 3:45 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Yes. I 've seen that quite a few times, its always amazed me.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Some people just get on with it! - 3 posts
Monarch flight chaos - information required - 4 posts
Hi, my name is Lisa ..... - 0 posts
Early retirement and healthcare in Spain - 27 posts
Who should you vote for???? - 27 posts
Clutch kit. - 2 posts
declaring at the tax office for the first time and capital gains rollover - 2 posts
Community Problem Regarding Maintenance - 3 posts
Seat Leon Hatchback 5-Door 1.9 Tdi sport 2009 for sale. - 0 posts
Help with mystery bank debit, please - 22 posts
Hello Everyone - 2 posts
For sale ,woodburner. - 0 posts
Data Protection Law (LOPD) and you in Spain - 0 posts
Cost of Living - 3 posts
Dance Class/Keep Fit - 2 posts
certificates of Habitation - 14 posts
Car Hire Prices - 0 posts
wood pellet stoves - 0 posts
Private Message Facility - 1 posts
Van going back to the UK. - 0 posts
Good news week - 2 posts
Floundering! - 4 posts
Texting! I Cannot Send Texts! - 1 posts
WE HAVE JUST BECOME RESIDENTS - 2 posts
Community Rules and Washing Lines - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x