declaring at the tax office for the first time and capital gains rollover

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by chicadeb Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi guys,

If a British “resident” (ie, lived in Spain for more than 183 days per year with a NIE card) who has lived and owned a property in Spain since 2002 declares at the tax office for the first time (in order to get a tax certificate so they would be capital gains excempt when they sell their main residence property and reinvest all the proceeds within 2 years into another property), would they be....

1) liable for just the previous year (e.g. 2009)
2) liablie for the past 5 years as this is their first time declaring
3) are there any additional taxes apart from the local tax (IBI) and refuse tax (basura) that could be owed?
4) when at the notary at the point of sale, will the notary ask the seller for just his NIE card/certificate or a tax certificate as well?
5) Will just one delcaration at the tax office be sufficient enough to be classed as a "fiscal resident" in order to be elegible for capital gains rollover (if all sale money reinvested) or is it 3 years?

Any responses much appreciated.  Thanks.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2010 11:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

My view is that, in 5 posts, you have asked many questions that you NEED a lawyer to answer, Debby. I answered some points in one of your other posts & was not replied to, likely because you didn't like what I said.

Find a lawyer, what you are wanting to know needs one. At the end of the day you have chosen not to declare earned income, however little you say it was & that, unfortunately, seems to have got you into this situation. I don't enjoy paying tax, who does?

Like 0      
25 Apr 2010 2:54 PM by chicadeb Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosado,

I think I could do with some rosado myself actually, with all this stuff going round in my head!

Apologies for not responding back to you before.  I appreciate and have appreciated your time responding to my repetitive and annoying questions.  I was hoping that I could work this out without going to a professional but as I've asked more questions and received more answers from various people, it's very clear that I will need a pro to help me.

You'll be pleased to know that I won't be asking any more questions about tax declaration or capital gains tax, however, that doesn't mean I won't have questions on other topics to keep you busy!

Once again, thanks your your help and advice.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community Problem Regarding Maintenance - 3 posts
Seat Leon Hatchback 5-Door 1.9 Tdi sport 2009 for sale. - 0 posts
Help with mystery bank debit, please - 22 posts
Hello Everyone - 2 posts
For sale ,woodburner. - 0 posts
Data Protection Law (LOPD) and you in Spain - 0 posts
Cost of Living - 3 posts
Dance Class/Keep Fit - 2 posts
certificates of Habitation - 14 posts
Car Hire Prices - 0 posts
wood pellet stoves - 0 posts
Private Message Facility - 1 posts
Van going back to the UK. - 0 posts
Good news week - 2 posts
Floundering! - 4 posts
Texting! I Cannot Send Texts! - 1 posts
WE HAVE JUST BECOME RESIDENTS - 2 posts
Community Rules and Washing Lines - 0 posts
Does anyone need to drive from UK to Malaga in next few days? - 0 posts
Wanted LHD Vehicle - 8 posts
Money making idea - 2 posts
Is anyone good with websites?? - 13 posts
Car Swop - 3 posts
2 Easy jet flights from Malaga to Luton for 21 st ....23.15 pm - 2 posts
if you need a driver. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x