Cost of Living

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by Seashells Star rating in Suffolk / Limaria. 81 posts Send private message

We should be completing on a property in May / June, and our intentions are to move out to spain in 12 months time. my question is could anyone tell me what amount they believe i would need per month to live. There will not be a mortgage, the property iis a 3 bed villa and is all electric, there is a pool, we are not party goers however we do like a drink or two and would like to go out at least once a week for a meal. I will be 60 when we go, and I just need an idea of what we need out there, from people who already live in Spain. would be very grateful for your help

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 7:15 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

This is a really difficult question but I recently spent 4 weeks out in Spain and I found that I spent the same amount on food as I do in UK.  I eat a lot more fish as I think it's very reasonably priced.  Also a lot of food in UK is quite cheap at the moment due the supermarkets trying to out do each other.  I also get my fruit and veg from the local markets although Mercadonna now are selling some fruit and veg which you can indivually weigh.  My husband hasn't retired yet so he only comes over for a weekend, I therefore don't need to buy huge amounts of food.

We eat out once a week at our local Chinese very cheaply.

We have a townhouse and a community pool.  Our bills would be lower as we don't live there full time.  Our yearly budget is now £1200 due to the fall in the euro, we also have a landline (Telefonica) but don't have internet.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 8:30 PM by Joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

We go for 2 months at a time. I find I save on my usual UK outgoings when in Spain. The bulk of our expense goes on food and drink (450 euros a month) compared with £320 at home. However that includes a couple of meals out a week & lots of daily cafes con leches plus plenty of entertaining .

I pay on average 80 euros a month on electric/water for my 2 bed Apartment.

Community fees are 500e for pool/lifts etc. Council tax 500e a year.

I could live here quite a lot more reasonable from home because I don't need a car (5 minute walk to the shops/beach).

The area I could blow the budget is golf. My wife & I play maybe once a month compared to 3 times a week at home.That is the onlly downside as I really miss it but refuse to pay 60e each to play on courses that whilst OK do not in my view hold a candle to UK courses in summer.

Good Luck

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 10:04 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

My husband plays golf and when he decides to take early retirement he's going to join a golf society.  There's quite a few advertised in the costa blanca news and he says they say that guests are welcome.  He thinks this will work out cheaper than paying the full green fee.  Recently he paid 45e at Campanor at Easter but he normally pays between 60 or 55e depending on the time of year.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dance Class/Keep Fit - 2 posts
certificates of Habitation - 14 posts
Car Hire Prices - 0 posts
wood pellet stoves - 0 posts
Private Message Facility - 1 posts
Van going back to the UK. - 0 posts
Good news week - 2 posts
Floundering! - 4 posts
Texting! I Cannot Send Texts! - 1 posts
WE HAVE JUST BECOME RESIDENTS - 2 posts
Community Rules and Washing Lines - 0 posts
Does anyone need to drive from UK to Malaga in next few days? - 0 posts
Wanted LHD Vehicle - 8 posts
Money making idea - 2 posts
Is anyone good with websites?? - 13 posts
Car Swop - 3 posts
2 Easy jet flights from Malaga to Luton for 21 st ....23.15 pm - 2 posts
if you need a driver. - 0 posts
Breaking News - 27 posts
Any ideas of how to get from Malaga Airport to Cherbourg France PLEASE????? - 10 posts
Room/bar to let out for one night for a birthday party in la marina!!? - 4 posts
Mr. - 1 posts
For Magic lovers - 0 posts
On line legal forms and documents - 1 posts
"Pet Transport, No problem, No Crisis" - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x