Floundering!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by cazz55 Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 6 posts Send private message

Hello, Briefly, myself and my partner are in our late 50's and have decided to move to Spain when I retire, if not before!We are thinking the Torromalinos area, but only because we think??? it is easy access to Portugal and the rest of the Spanish coast. We intend renting not buying, and would appreciate ANY help, however small as my title say's it all!

Cazz and Jack xx

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 12:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

What kind of help do you need?

Personally I find Torremolinos very well situated, being a very short train ride to the airport, close to Malaga city and with good road connections along the coast in both directions and inland, and the town has all the facilities you need. Plenty of rental property available (especially now!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 2:30 PM by cazz55 Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 6 posts Send private message

Hiya!

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.What we are looking for is a not large location, but an active one, we want to meet other ex pat's and we enjoy the buzz of the bars.But we would also like to be somewhere quite near a larger place with lots going on.What are the average rental prices? ideally we would like a smallish villa, bungalow or something simular, we dont really ant an apartment, but it will come down to finance at the end of the day.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 3:31 PM by SEAK Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

SEAK´s avatar

Hi I currently own a property management business but don't worry I am not here to sell it to you as I don't cover the area you are looking, I cover from Gibraltar to Estepona, I just wanted to try and offer some friendly advice.

Depending on when you are planning to move out here? now is a very good time to get a good deal on a rental property.

I currently rent and we are moving next week to a 5 Bed Semi detached house for £50 more than we are currently paying at the moment for a 2 Bed Town house. People are desperate to get there properties rented at the moment due to a bad summer last year and a even worse winter. Note most long term rentals are for 6 or 11 months. There has been an increase of property for rent recently as people who own properties and were only letting them on a holiday basis can now see the security and benefit of a long term rental rather than risk another quiet summer.

I would suggest you came over and just rented somewhere for a month or two while you view as many properties as you can and also get a feel for the different areas, some of the busy areas in the summer can be very different in the winter months as they tend to be more seasonal for tourists and a lot of the shops and amenities close in the winter, where as a more Spanish populated area will be busy all year round as they live and work in the areas.

We drove to Portugal last week to see my parents and it took us 4 and 1/2 hours with the roads clear from here to the Algarve, its a beautiful drive (depending on which way you go) with no real border either you will just pass one sign saying you are in Spain and then a few hundred yards later a sign saying welcome to Portugal!

I wish you Good luck with your search and enjoy your retirement

This message was last edited by SEAK on 22/04/2010.

This message was last edited by SEAK on 22/04/2010.

Like 0      
22 Apr 2010 3:49 PM by cazz55 Star rating in Cambridgeshire. 6 posts Send private message

This site is most helpful!

My retirement date isnt until 2013!, but we want to do lots of research so we know just what is what and where is where when we come!

We was thinking about coming to Torro this year, hiring a car and having a look about! we have  decided that the first place that has everything we want and can afford will be it! no saying ''well, lets look to see if there is somewhere better'' as I think that could complicate things.

If my OH decides enough is enough with his business, then it will be before 2013, but then it will be relying on savings so we must be very frugal.

I do appreciate this, all the help, I really do! :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Texting! I Cannot Send Texts! - 1 posts
WE HAVE JUST BECOME RESIDENTS - 2 posts
Community Rules and Washing Lines - 0 posts
Does anyone need to drive from UK to Malaga in next few days? - 0 posts
Wanted LHD Vehicle - 8 posts
Money making idea - 2 posts
Is anyone good with websites?? - 13 posts
Car Swop - 3 posts
2 Easy jet flights from Malaga to Luton for 21 st ....23.15 pm - 2 posts
if you need a driver. - 0 posts
Breaking News - 27 posts
Any ideas of how to get from Malaga Airport to Cherbourg France PLEASE????? - 10 posts
Room/bar to let out for one night for a birthday party in la marina!!? - 4 posts
Mr. - 1 posts
For Magic lovers - 0 posts
On line legal forms and documents - 1 posts
"Pet Transport, No problem, No Crisis" - 1 posts
polaris world cancelled my contract - 2 posts
THE DREADED COMPUTER - 2 posts
wanting furniture sending to calpe - 3 posts
hi is there still work for good builders from The Netherlands? - 1 posts
Education - 9 posts
rental cancellation - 10 posts
Most accurate weather station?? - 6 posts
Coach from Almunecar to Paris Eurostar station - depart Friday 23 April - 24 hours - €200 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x