Any ideas of how to get from Malaga Airport to Cherbourg France PLEASE?????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by Cas Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi, Does anyone know of a way to get from Malaga in the next few days to arrive at

Cherbourg France as we have tickets booked on Ferry to Ireland on Saturday Night???

I have heard rumours that coaches are taking people from the coast up through France -

Does anyone know of any way to get to Cherbourg.

Apparently there is a Train Strike in parts of France (What a suprise!)

Would love to be able to get a direct coach from Malaga to Cherbourg or near there????? ANY IDEAS OR DOES ANYONE KNOW OF COACHES GOING?

Thanks in Advance,

Cas

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:17 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Why not post and ask if there are any delivery lorries going back to the UK or to France.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:20 PM by Cas Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Good Idea thanks I will x

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:25 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

20 Apr 2010 8:28 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

The British and Spanish governments are running free buses from Madrid airport to French ports check with the British  Consul

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:49 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

fpegman,

Are you sure about free buses being put on in Madrid?  I can't find anything on the embassy/consulate website.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:50 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

KP,

Good idea about trying delivery companies.  Any ideas the best way of doing this?

Thanks

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:53 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Hi Sanchez, If it was me I would do search on the internet for 'deliveries to Spain' and see what comes up there are loads of companies, also all the brit stores get their deliveries every week from the UK by UK trucks so I would also ask the local store who deliveres and track back from that.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 8:55 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

20 Apr 2010 9:12 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I don't know if it's the same buses that were being talked about in the previous posts but on the news tonight it said that Gordon B had given the impression that the free buses were bases in Spain - whereas it said that they were setting out from England tomorrow.  The number of 100. it seems. is also in doubt.  Also it was saying that the navy ships were still on standby because "although British citizens were being inconvenienced, their lives were not in danger, and so there was a big question mark about sending these type of ships in!"  At these times one thinks "Blow PC and lets have a bit of action".

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
20 Apr 2010 9:17 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I've posted something on Loadup.co.uk. It's supposed to be for posting details of any deliveries/removals you want done, but I've posted anyway.  I've used the site before and got loads of quotes.  Not sure how many I'll get for actually delivering me back to the UK.  I don't weight much I suppose!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Room/bar to let out for one night for a birthday party in la marina!!? - 4 posts
Mr. - 1 posts
For Magic lovers - 0 posts
On line legal forms and documents - 1 posts
"Pet Transport, No problem, No Crisis" - 1 posts
polaris world cancelled my contract - 2 posts
THE DREADED COMPUTER - 2 posts
wanting furniture sending to calpe - 3 posts
hi is there still work for good builders from The Netherlands? - 1 posts
Education - 9 posts
rental cancellation - 10 posts
Most accurate weather station?? - 6 posts
Coach from Almunecar to Paris Eurostar station - depart Friday 23 April - 24 hours - €200 - 0 posts
Driver needed from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 4 posts
Please post ANY help to try to get stranded people back to the UK - 34 posts
Can I avoid Capital Gains tax by declaring La Renta? - 1 posts
Resort AGM - 48 posts
Recomendation for car hire spain to england - 1 posts
Charity lunch for abandoned animals - 0 posts
Trapped in Spain - how to get back to UK? - 17 posts
Travelling to a French port... - 3 posts
Problems trying to change cancelled Easyjet flight - 3 posts
Is 4 years a long enough period for court case to be dealt with? or is it not? - 2 posts
First time move! - 1 posts
non smoking bar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x