rental cancellation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

Hi we are renting a three bedroom townhouse in San Cayetano Murcia and have a booking for next weekend. although we have cancellation charges on our website but I wondered what people are doing if their clients cannot get to their property due to the air problems. 

Thanks

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 4:55 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Most reputable companies are offering a free refund or a free tranfer to another date, there is a few companies that are operating to the rule but to be honest if it was my new business and I wanted my clients to come back next year and give my rental property a good revue I would just offer them their money back as the cancellation is not due to a fault on their part, if they cannot get to their destination then I would do the decent thing. If somebody cancels and there is no reason for this then you are entitled to keep their deposit as per your agreement.

My son has just re-arranged his flight with his airline for no cost.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 7:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

This is being discussed at length on a owners site I frequent. At the end of the day, the guests should take out adequate travel insurance (yes, it is debatable if they will be paying out). You as the rental owner still have the property available to rent, it is the guests inability to arrive at your property that is the issue. What would you have done if they couldn't get a rental car?

It depends whether you are running this as a business or for pin money. Why should you lose income through no fault of your own, especially if you have turned away booking because this time was booked already? Some of the other owners are offering the following options:

1. Re- book at a late date (similar season rates).

2. Refund monies if able to re- let the property to someone else.

3. As no clean is taking place and no utilities used, refund a token amount to cover these expenses.

4. Offer to provide written confirmation to the guests that no refund is due for non arrival, this can then be presented to their insurance company.

Difficult one really, but I can't see the "big players" refunding monies off their own backs for those not insured, can you?

Mark

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 7:52 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

I have already refunded money to clients for not turning up through no fault of their own, at the end of the day I like to be treat people how I would like to be treat. I understand  that business is business but at the end of the day this is an unusual situation and unusual solutions are needed and that needs compromise on both parties.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 8:41 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Yeah so what

Our place was rented out this week

I'm not a travel agent and our guests booked in  good faith

Have been asked "what do we owe you''  answer nothing

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 9:34 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

You were not first in the queue when they gave out good manners then!!! Why do you think you can be so abusive with your posts. I would suggest you buy some good manner lessons with your rental money after you have paid your taxes in Spain and the UK, either that or button it.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 10:06 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

The answer" what do we owe you'' i said nothing

It means they cancelled and i said not your fault so you "owe me nothing''

Thats got nothing to do with manners, taxes UK or Spainish

it means "so what ''these things happen so lets not worry

It means i've just sent back there deposit too!!

I'm surprised my posts catch your attention but if you follow them i'm flattered

Your reply will awaited with anticipation!!

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 10:17 PM by steve&isabel Star rating in Part time in UK, Par.... 43 posts Send private message

David W

Would it flatter you to know that you sound like you are up your own rear end!

Youve probably heard it before.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 10:32 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar
Thanks for your kind words It must be a slow night for you, but happy to be here for you. The point being it's not a big deal to give money back under these circumstances, just the decent thing to do

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 10:39 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

DavidW

I think your original arragant post said it all so don't try back tracking. I have been posting on here for over 5 years and seen your sort come & go when they have no hot air left. As I have said to all other loud mouths on here before, if you haven't gone anything nice to say then don't say anything.....

"You can tell a bird by the song it sings, you can judge a man by the conversation he brings!!!!!"

This message was last edited by KP on 19/04/2010.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2010 11:03 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar
If 5 years on here is where you are i'm happy for you. You didn't understand my first post, i explained it, not back tracked, still not good enough for a 5 year veteran so be it. Thanks for your rudeness. But as you say you've seen it all before! Not bad for a blind man

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Most accurate weather station?? - 6 posts
Coach from Almunecar to Paris Eurostar station - depart Friday 23 April - 24 hours - €200 - 0 posts
Driver needed from Malaga Airport to Duquesa - 4 posts
Please post ANY help to try to get stranded people back to the UK - 34 posts
Can I avoid Capital Gains tax by declaring La Renta? - 1 posts
Resort AGM - 48 posts
Recomendation for car hire spain to england - 1 posts
Charity lunch for abandoned animals - 0 posts
Trapped in Spain - how to get back to UK? - 17 posts
Travelling to a French port... - 3 posts
Problems trying to change cancelled Easyjet flight - 3 posts
Is 4 years a long enough period for court case to be dealt with? or is it not? - 2 posts
First time move! - 1 posts
non smoking bar - 0 posts
Help Lift Needed - 0 posts
Others Who Make a Killing - 1 posts
Stranded Passengers! Anyone Making a Killing? - 1 posts
JUSTIN.......... Zoosk online flirting site advert!!!!!!! - 7 posts
Nissan Xtrail 2004 SVE for sale rhd - 2 posts
long term parking - 7 posts
A list of things that are cheaper in Spain compared to the UK - 30 posts
what is the area called where las fillipinas 4 is situated pls? - 3 posts
has anyone had a good court decision success story against scrupulous Developer Technologia Urbanistica - 0 posts
Rainfall and Infrastructure - 4 posts
Passion Studio - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x