Re-negotiate your mortgage rate

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Apr 2010 12:00 AM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

I have been looking into renegotiating my interest rate and payment method with my Spanish Mortgage. I have been told  At the moment ‘non nationals’ are paying higher interest rates than the Spanish which, apparently, they shouldn’t be doing.

Question for all you legal eagles out there..  Is this correct or is it only for those owners who have resident status?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2010 1:10 PM by MexMaya Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Are there any banks in Spain who will actually re-negotiate the mortgage rate without charging you a fortune at Notary etc?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2010 1:44 PM by Soul2Soul Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We had  to pay 1500 euros at the notary to change our mortgage over and we are with Caja Murcia.  Six months later without us knowing they took another 170 euros out of our account regarding some mortage insurance.  No-one at the bank had told us about this and we didn´t get our money reimbursed.  Be very careful and find out all the costs that are involved. 

I believe you have to go to the notary with every bank.  It is catch 22 out here.  People are struggling with their mortgages but they expect you to have 1500 euros to pay for costs. We can´t wait to sell up and shut our bank account.  Also, I don´t think non-nationals are paying higher interest rates. 

Like 0      
25 Feb 2013 5:44 PM by vantage Star rating in Murcia. 43 posts Send private message

vantage´s avatar

Conditions do vary from resident to non resident. It always has.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

wanted long term in ARENAL DUQUESA - 1 posts
New A7 Road Is It Open Or Does It end At Alcoy? - 0 posts
registering children - familia numerosa? - 3 posts
Medina Golf - has anybody successfully claimed on the Bank Guarantee? - 0 posts
Steam Cleaner CBN - 0 posts
I want to buy a "Hot Tub", any suggestions please? - 15 posts
help with proxies - 2 posts
FACUA Spanish consumer organisation - 0 posts
long term rentals - 4 posts
MOT - 0 posts
ITV HD launches full HD channel on SKy and Freesat - 7 posts
So clever! - 9 posts
HIKE IN THE CREVILLENTE MOUNTAINS - 0 posts
Opening a Spanish Bank account in the Los Montesinos/Torreviaja area - any good advice? - 10 posts
La Mairena to La Cala - 4 posts
Legal Informtion - 17 posts
Fixtures and Fittings - Can They Be Excluded From The Sale Price To Reduce Tax - 6 posts
Spanish Property Scandal - 18 posts
need - 0 posts
Proxy forms - 5 posts
opinions - 84 posts
AGM Agenda - 7 posts
Car spray paint - 9 posts
Endesa Online help - 7 posts
Habitation certificates are imminent - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x