Terminal 3 Malaga Airport

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi, does anyone know which flights go to and from the new Malaga 3 Terminal?  Will Easyjet and Ryanair flights from the UK now be arriving at T3? And is there any way of  knowing when you book whether you will be arriving at the new terminal or not? My father is elderly and he will be confused if he arrives at another terminal, so is the arrivals hall the same as before? Also as far as parking is concerned for arrivals do we follow the signs as before? I have always parked in departures, even for arrivals as, otherwise I found myself going round in circles and could never find the arrivals parking. Is it just me??

Jane

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 5:09 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Jane, I've done the 'going round in circles' bit a couple of times, when they were getting ready to open the new parking sections and blocked off parts!!

I'm not sure, but from what I could see last week when I went to pick my husband up, the 'old' arrivals (I can never recall whether it is T1 or T2!) was blocked off and it appeared that all arrivals were coming through the new terminal.  (I could see no other 'arrival' area other than the one in T3).   Typically, there weren't many signs telling you where to go, so we just ventured to T3 and they all seemed to be arriving there!

I usually go into the departures parking entrance too - and now there is a walkway and elevators linking to T3 (the walkway from level 2, I think).

I am going tonight so will check, if you like.  As far as I'm aware, departures for airlines such as Ryanair, Easyjet, etc., will be from the old terminal and others like Iberia will be from T3, but I could be wrong.  Again, I'll try and have a look tonight.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 5:22 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks very much - very helpful. So it looks like all arrivals from UK are at T3 now? Good luck tonight, Jane

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 5:57 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Check out this link...

All you need to know about T3 Malaga...and T2...and T1!

Which airline leaves from where...This being Malaga Airport, however.....!

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 6:09 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Thanks, Foxbat.  Have just been googling myself, out of interest, and note that it does appear that all arrivals will be through T3, ground floor level.

I must say, we were quite impressed with T3, both departures and arrivals.  In departures, there is a BK Whopper Bar (much appreciated by my son!), a small bar serving the usual baguettes, coffee, pastries, etc., and also what appears to be a restaurant with waiter service, serving tapas, etc.  Much more pleasant than in T1 or T2!

In arrivals, at the moment (or last Saturday at least), there is just the one self-service area, serving the usual baguettes, etc., much on the same level as the small bar in departures (I would say improved on the Golf Bar in the old arrivals area).  But overall, a much more pleasant atmosphere and experience!

Like 0      
28 Mar 2010 8:20 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Yes, all arrivals definitely coming through T3 - which is very easy to reach, as mentioned below.

Departures I believe depends on country departing to and airline - but as T2 and T3 are linked it's just basically finding out which check-in desk to go to!

Jane, I personally would just do as you usually do and park up on the departures level and follow the walkway to T3 and then down to the ground level for arrivals.  If you do go to the ground floor parking (you turn back on yourself rather than going up the ramp to the departures/2nd level) you will have to go through the carpark and mess around trying to get to the T3 end of the car park!.

It's really alot easier than before!  I was pulling my hair out trying to get to the arrivals end of the car park recently, with all the lanes blocked off!!

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 9:41 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks Jan very helpful - so am I right in thinking there is still one main arrivals hall and not two?

Jane

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 9:46 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

Yes - all arrivals are at ground level in T3, the old arrivals hall now boarded up (think work is going on there). 

Like 0      
29 Mar 2010 9:47 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

great thanks again

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 5:51 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

We flew back on Sunday, all I can say is give yourself an extra 10-15 minutes just to allow for the distance you have to walk.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2010 6:37 PM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Beware!!!!! forged notes!! - 10 posts
Fuengirola to Malaga train - 2 posts
Moving To Spain! Advice Please.... - 8 posts
Online Jukebox... - 12 posts
Garage Service and Gestor needed, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Urgent Appeal - Small sandy/white dog – La Zenia (Costa Blanca) - 12 posts
Direct Debit Changes - 5 posts
Bank repossesed property & mortgage - 9 posts
Planning to buy an apartment in Villamartin , TORREVIEJA : Costa Blanca Area - 6 posts
Question for EOS Justin - 2 posts
Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO? - 7 posts
Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x