Online Jukebox...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Mar 2010 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Found a great online jukebox that works well in Spain with no problems with Spanish IP addresses.

Works very well in Opera and IE but does not work in Firefox for some reason...

Enjoy...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 6:14 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

It´s been suspended??

pilgrim

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 8:35 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I use Spotify after seeing Maria's thread & then the post by PMillsom 30 Dec 2009 18:06

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 12:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I use spotify too but they have since suspended the free accounts unless you are invited by a paying subscriber

Luckily I got in there quick enough

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 12:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Justin, I think that you CAN have a FREE a/c, can't you by looking at the post I just posted, see ...

30 Dec 2009 18:06

PMillsom
Star rating
Adosado

PMillsom´s avatar

I live in Midlands

I have made 330 forum posts

Send private message to PMillsom

https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/

If you are keen to start using spotify   then you can skip the need for an invite by going directly to the above link.

Merry Christmas 

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 1:10 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

If you just want a selection of continuous music channels then try      1club.fm    I don't know if it will work in Spain--it works o.k in the U.K.  It's based in Chicago and has masses of channels. ( this morning I've got the Salsa channel running).

You do have to sign up--I've used it for about 3 years now and never had any problems-no spam or rubbish in the inbox. I hope it does work in Spain because I would like to be able to access it when we move over on a more permament basis.

Perhaps some one would be kind enough to give it a try and let me know if it does work in Spain.

There's just about every kind of music on there, country/rock/oldies/big band/latin/soul/dance-and you can buy tracks for download if you like what you hear playing.  Works good in Firefox,IE and Google chrome--gives you a choice of media players to use-I use the 1Club embedded player and never get any trouble with it.

Salsa channel's rocking this morning!

Hope the spanish weather's better than it is in u.k. at the moment.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 1:18 PM by ttarrab Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

ttarrab´s avatar

or try world wide web dot last dot fm (sorry i cant post links yet).

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 3:04 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

...It´s been suspended??

Mmm..so it has...thought I was onto something there...ah well some you win, some you lose!

Another interesting site however...Concert footage of just about everybody...needs an email address for access but its hassle free.

fb

Edited to add...crostrad... 1club.fm...yes it works in Spain...

This message was last edited by foxbat on 26/03/2010.

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 3:47 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Foxbat, thanks for letting me know that 1club works in spain. We don't have a 'phone line or broadband into the house-not worth it yet as we can only get over a few times a year at the moment. For music I brought over a CD jukebox that has a big hard disc with all of my 300+ cds loaded up onto it.

Some of the tracks on the system are from years back, and I do find myself going for the skip button when quite a few of them start playing and the brain goes "What were you thinking when you thought that you liked that one?"

saludos

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 4:20 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

crostrad...

...Some of the tracks on the system are from years back, and I do find myself going for the skip button when quite a few of them start playing and the brain goes "What were you thinking when you thought that you liked that one?"...

Now thats a feeling I know only too well...we brought about 500 CD's and a couple of  hundred cassettes over from the UK as well as a Sony studio reel to reel tape recorder. Have to ask myself why I bothered sometimes...we have CD's we havent played in years!

We have a KAM dual CD player, 2 JVC Pro Cassette decks, a Pioneer record deck and the tape recorder all integrated into a single system playing through a 16 channel mixer and a 400wpc JVC Pro Amp. By routing the audio from the computer through the system we can record streamed music from the net that would otherwise be on-line listen only...and thats where the reel to reel tape deck comes into its own...at a recording speed of 15in/sec there is no hiss or tape noise and even if there is I can filter it out using the equaliser on the mixer. The deck might be 30 years old but it's still as good as new; getting hold of blank tapes is a problem though...

A DVD / HD recorder TV is wired to route either through this system or through an independent Dolby 5.1 JBL Amplifier. 

Fortunately we live out in the sticks so there are no close neighbours to annoy...but the likes of Emerson Lake and Palmer or Led Zepp just dont sound right unless for want of a better word you 'give it some welly....'

fb...an avid music fan!

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 5:10 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Foxbat, sounds like you've got enough there to start a small radio station --or do a boot sale ( which is what I keep getting advised to do with my 400+ vinyl albums/singles/tapes--boot sale that is) We're moving house in the u.k soon and I promised I would get rid of the vinyl before we go.

To which end I got hold of a usb turntable so as to put everything onto a freestanding hardisc. Big mistake-trying to record while I 'm in the workshop. Analog=lots of time needed just to get a few tracks loaded from an album ( half of which I decided I didn't like any more so had to lurk 'round the turntable ready to snatch the tone arm up when something terrible started up). Subsequent deleting and click'n'hiss removing resulted in flat sounding playback.

Think I will take the ag. from the partner, take the vinyl with us and record it properly when we've settled in--then get rid of the records-honest!

I'm off to start shredding 20 years worth of business documents now--I kept them "just in case"

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 7:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

While you're at it, might as well order one of these and start getting rid of all those bulky old photo albums, too!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Mar 2010 9:23 PM by crostrad Star rating. 92 posts Send private message

Too late on that one Roberto, all the old photo albums took a trip to the tip last weekend. ( Can't believe I used to wear flares and paisley shirts--cool).

Can you even start to imagine the mountains of c**p that get stashed away over a 20 year period? We even found a couple of cartons down at the back of the storage that we moved up from London 20 years ago--still sealed up and never opened! Turned out one contained American Car magazines, the other is full of Marvel and Superman comics-I need to check them out for any collectables-so excuse me now if I pop off for a quick read.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Garage Service and Gestor needed, Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Urgent Appeal - Small sandy/white dog – La Zenia (Costa Blanca) - 12 posts
Direct Debit Changes - 5 posts
Bank repossesed property & mortgage - 9 posts
Planning to buy an apartment in Villamartin , TORREVIEJA : Costa Blanca Area - 6 posts
Question for EOS Justin - 2 posts
Spanish MEPs See The Light TOO? - 7 posts
Off to the UK today..... - 2 posts
It's been a slow week - 5 posts
Stolen Dog please help - 6 posts
Budget Day 2010 - 10 posts
moving to Spain in 2011 - 3 posts
Car Wanted - 1 posts
S : 2 Bar-Restaurante, Torrevieja. 27 March - 0 posts
The new British Identity Cards - 13 posts
Baby seats - 1 posts
Murcia airport car hire - 18 posts
Benefit Scroungers? - 13 posts
Cold in the Costa Blanca - 6 posts
Supplies of garden stones - 0 posts
long term car parks in and around barcelona - 0 posts
Long term rental in and around Barcelona - 0 posts
Car sales - 2 posts
Solicitor needed VillaMartin area - 1 posts
Los Alcazares - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x